UFC 134: Silva vs Okami Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone else who predicted Schaub take one look at Big Nog walking to the cage and think "oh fuck, I think I got this one wrong"? He had this look on him. He was WAAAAAY up for it, and when you have someone as good as that feeling like he evidently did, the other guy is always gonna be in some trouble.

This is maybe strange to say, but I didn't actually enjoy the card that much. It was decent, of course, but everything was over so quickly it felt like there wasn't that much actual fighting on the main card. Very stand-and-bang, very similar kind of fights; I even enjoyed the last Versus card a lot more. That said, I'm happy for the Brazilians, delighted to see Anderson once again prove he's the man and pleased to see Ross Pearson give the only good performance by a loser on the main card (I agree he lost 29-28, but it was very close against a tough opponent who just did a bit more damage overall).

I did feel bad for ol' Ken-Flo. Most of the Brazilians were too caught up in the crowd to care and Kenny looked like a right lemon. Rogan must have had a good laugh.

Great show, Brazilian fans are mental - imagine a crowd full of just Brazilian, Canadian & British fans, holy shit!

Okami just had nothing for Silva, thought he looked very scared and hesitant to strike - as Chael says, people give Anderson too much respect in a fight.

Good KO for Shogun, living up to the 'always better in his second fight after surgery' theory. :laugh:

Terrific to see Nog win, just like Wand I screamed like a little girl when it happened. :laugh:

I also had it 29-28 for Pearson (just like the high majority of people), it was a very close fight but I felt he had done enough by closing the distance, dictating the pace and pushing forward constantly. Can't see how in any World people like Mauro fucking Ranello scored it 30-27 to Barbosa, suppose thats just the kind of idiot he is. If the fight happened outside of Brazil, I think Pearson would've been given the nod.

Also, I usually really like KenFlo on commentary but for this show I found him alittle annoying. Especially in the Barbosa/Pearson fight, at the start of the 3rd round he was like "thats two confident rounds won by Barbosa so far" and at the end of the 3rd he said "very assured performance by Edson, he should have the decision no problem".

As Dan Hardy tweeted:

It must be difficult for Barbosa to fight with Kenny Florian so far up his ass.

Just reading Dana's Twitter. As soon as the Press stuff was done, Dana flew Forrest back sharpish in his plane so he could get back for the birth of his daughter.

Thought that was a cool gesture.

I agree.

But they are not back yet. He tweeted this 30 minutes ago:

@danawhite

Just landed in Houston to refuel and go through customs. We will have Forrest home in 2 hours! Hang in there momma Griffen!

There's talk that Silva is asking for Bisping next, provided he beats Miller.

I thought Brian Stann would be next in line providing he beats Sonnen and his animated Tales which im sure Stann will.

Bisping would get destroyed against Silva.

TBH I would like to see Stann Vs Silva either way afterwards I'd like to see Anderson move up to light heavyweight. Silva vs Jones would good fight

I thought Brian Stann would be next in line providing he beats Sonnen and his animated Tales which im sure Stann will.

Bisping would get destroyed against Silva.

TBH I would like to see Stann Vs Silva either way afterwards I'd like to see Anderson move up to light heavyweight. Silva vs Jones would good fight

I can't see anyway that Stann beats Sonnen. Sonnen will just lie on him for 3 rounds.

I can't see anyway that Stann beats Sonnen. Sonnen will just lie on him for 3 rounds.

I think Sonnen wins that fight via decision as well, although I'm not too sure about him just laying on him for three rounds.

I think he'd fuck Stann up proper if he got him down for three rounds.

I think Sonnen wins that fight via decision as well, although I'm not too sure about him just laying on him for three rounds.

I think he'd fuck Stann up proper if he got him down for three rounds.

Stann would TKO him someone to knock the shit outta Leben and Santiago that quickly If Sonnen even thinks of standing with Stann hes fucked it. With the way Sonnen with his attitude of lately he seems to be looking past Stann and straight to Silva ("Wanderlei, Anderson even Bigfoot Silva they all suck")

Stann will be working purely on takedown defence and his wrestling since the fight got annouced. TBH not to say anything bad about Bisping but Stann is the only one left in the rankings would poses even a little threat to Anderson Silva title that or Rashard Evans drops down he has been asked before and could make 185

Figure this is the easiest place to put this. I'm trying to watch back the prelims on Facebook but can't seem to find the video link. I'm on the live video section but the link to last night's stream seems to have disappeared. Have I lost my chance to watch those fights?

• Paid Members
Stann would TKO him someone to knock the shit outta Leben and Santiago that quickly If Sonnen even thinks of standing with Stann hes fucked it. With the way Sonnen with his attitude of lately he seems to be looking past Stann and straight to Silva ("Wanderlei, Anderson even Bigfoot Silva they all suck")

Stann will be working purely on takedown defence and his wrestling since the fight got annouced. TBH not to say anything bad about Bisping but Stann is the only one left in the rankings would poses even a little threat to Anderson Silva title that or Rashard Evans drops down he has been asked before and could make 185

The sonnet quote you quoted was long before the fight with stann was announced

Sonnen isn't an idiot. He isn't going to look past Stann. Ultimately he wants another shot at Anderson Silva, but he sure as hell isn't going to trash talk about Stann, so he is still going to trash talk about anybody else that tickles his fancy when he's asked.

I can see Sonnen making no attempt to stand and trade with Stann for any longer than is absolutely necessary. He will then take him down and start throwing them punches.

Archived