UFC 134: Silva vs Okami Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members
He only went there for 2 weeks after that god awful Martial Arts Festival in Birmingham a few months back. He said he was off after the god awful show that he was off to Xtreme Couture for 2 weeks to practise on his wrestling over there?

I highly doubt Okami will take the win over Anderson Silva. TBH I want to see Stann Vs Silva that or Anderson move up a Rank Jon Jones Vs Anderson Silva that would be good

Why was it god awful?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Rogan won't be at this show, due to him filming the new series of Fear Factor. Taking his place will be KenFlo.

Mike Goldberg will be there though, despite just having had disc replacement surgery on his back yesterday.

Shame about Rogan. While I'm not his biggest fan, I will admit Frank Mir did a great job on commentary in the WEC and I would have liked him to have done the commentary with Goldberg.

I watched some earlier episodes of Fear Factor, and it struck me that Rogan looked so different compared to now, he's barely recognisable. If it wasn't for the voice, I wouldn't know he was the same guy.

Anyway, KenFlo is a great replacement, he's articulate and knowledgable. As a MMA fan, I bet he's ecstatic to play a role in such a historic card.

Quick picks: Anderson, Griffin, Schaub, Barboza and Cane.

• Paid Members

I'm a little gutted Rogan isn't gonna be there. I'm a big fan and to me he gives the event a little bit more importance and excitement. KenFlo is a decent replacement though. Agreed on Mir too.

Hopefully we'll get a bit of a shake up with the commentary team under Fox. Goldberg seriously winds me up with alot of the bullshit he comes out with. I wouldn't mind Randy getting a commentary gig. He always did a tidy job. Always helps to have commentators who were active in the sport.

I'm a little gutted Rogan isn't gonna be there. I'm a big fan and to me he gives the event a little bit more importance and excitement. KenFlo is a decent replacement though. Agreed on Mir too.

Hopefully we'll get a bit of a shake up with the commentary team under Fox. Goldberg seriously winds me up with alot of the bullshit he comes out with. I wouldn't mind Randy getting a commentary gig. He always did a tidy job. Always helps to have commentators who were active in the sport.

I wish they'd use Todd Harris a bit more prominently than sticking with Goldberg on every broadcast.

• Paid Members

Goldberg has been annoying me recently. It drives me nuts that he seems to get a certain thing in his head, like he learns something new and he just applies to it everything then.

His latest is the numbering of combinations, "gets him with the 1, 2", "throws the 1, 3, 4". that drives me fucking nuts, it's like a new toy for him.

Goldberg's still great at his job but he can annoy me.

I wish they'd use Todd Harris a bit more prominently than sticking with Goldberg on every broadcast.

maybe mix up the team for PPV's, Fight Nights etc. I'd be cool with that.

• Paid Members

The 'slips and rips' shit pissed me off no end. Like you say, like a child with a new toy wanting to let the world know what he has.

Also the constant mentioning of Lytle's two kids 'staying in the hotel down the road' during Versus last week. Who gives a fuck?

• Paid Members

Hyped for this event. Can't see anything other than another dominating performance from Anderson, he's bound to come unstuck soon or later but I don't think Okami's the bloke to do it & certainly not in Brazil, Silva's gonna be hyped for this & looking to win in flamboyant fashion, although it'll be hard to top the Belfort KO! I can see Rua beating Griffin, Forrest has said in the past he doesn't like fighting abroad (after his fight in Ireland) but I guess his negotiating power isn't what it once was. Nog/Schaub is a tough one, if Big Nog gets KO'd I'll be gutted. There's something about Schaub I really dislike & Big Nog is one of my all-time fave fighters, my head says Schaub's gonna take it though. Praying for a Pearson win too, that's the closest fight on the card for me (and the one I'll leave out my accumulator).

I reckon some of the Goldberg bashing here's been a bit harsh, he's got a touch job having to fill dead air. Anyone in that position is going to have a tough job not talking some shit

• Paid Members
Goldberg has been annoying me recently. It drives me nuts that he seems to get a certain thing in his head, like he learns something new and he just applies to it everything then.

His latest is the numbering of combinations, "gets him with the 1, 2", "throws the 1, 3, 4". that drives me fucking nuts, it's like a new toy for him.

Goldberg's still great at his job but he can annoy me.

Yeah Goldberg loves showing off with his striking lingo. His absolute favourite word seems to be 'teep', he loves it and he says it with such pride that he knows what the move is called. Might make for a good drinking game that, like when Bas would say 'liver shot' :)

Rogan can be annoying with this too. He goes through phases where he'll beat a certain phrase or subject to death. A few months ago, barely a fight seemed to pass without him praising someone's striking by saying 'look how he throws his punches, no wind-up'. Lately he's loving talking about what protective cups work best and how certain ones go up your ass crack. Seriously, on about 3 recent shows he's done this rant almost word for word.

On the whole though, I do like the Goldy/Rogan team. Especially Rogan, I find him really interesting to listen to. Goldberg comes out with some stupid shit but I guess I'm kinda numb to it now.

One thing that really irritates me though and this is from Dana, Goldberg, Rogan or whoever else is the word 'sick' to describe something good. I find it annoying anyway but coming from a bunch of middle aged men it looks even more lame.

Anyone ever seen Goldberg on the Q&A sessions on weigh in days? He can look a right tit, 40 odd years old with a Hardy Boyz-tight Tapout shirt, jeans so tight he can't bend his legs and he's waving his arms around like Jay-Z and saying 'dude' or 'sick' every 2 or 3 words. It's a bit embarrassing :D

• Paid Members

Few bits and pieces

UFC newcomer Luis Ramos is Mike Swick's replacement and will fight Erick Silva on the prelims. The 5 prelims will be on Facebook.

And they've swapped some fights around so Palhares/Miller has been promoted to the Spike prelims show in favour of Paulo Thiago vs David Mitchell which has been moved to Facebook.

Guess we won't be getting the Spike prelims for this one either :( would be cool if they got 'em on Premier Sports but I doubt it.

Archived