UFC 134: Silva vs Okami Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

With this show only being about 4 weeks out and being a pretty big deal in that it's the UFC's return to Brazil and features the likes of Anderson, Shogun, Forrest Griffin and Big Nog I thought we need a thread up on it.

UFC-134-Poster.jpg

Saturday August 27th 2011

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

MAIN CARD

-Anderson Silva vs Yushin Okami (UFC Middleweight Title)

-Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua vs Forrest Griffin

-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Brendan Schaub

-Ross Pearson vs Edson Barboza

-Luiz Cane vs Stanislav Nedkov

SPIKE PRELIMS

-Spencer Fisher vs Thiago Tavares

-Rousimar Palhares vs Dan Miller

PRELIMS (Facebook)

-Paulo Thiago vs David Mitchell

-Raphael Assuncao vs Johnny Eduardo

-Yuri Alcantara vs Felipe Arantes

-Yves Jabouin vs Ian Loveland

-Erick Silva vs Luis Ramos

Looks fuckin excellent. Let's hope this one doesn't suffer from the injury bug like 133 has.

The main card looks awesome. All 5 fights should deliver. Fisher/Tavares and Palhares/Miller could be great and Barboza vs Pearson has potential to steal the show.

I'm really interested to see how Shogun and Nogueira look this time out. 2 of my all time favourite fighters, they both badly need a win here.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
love these but man what the fuck they do to Shogun's head in that last one? :laugh:

Thats what it looked like that Jon Jones was finished with him.

Really looking forward to the Ross Pearson bout, hes been working on his wrestling, hes been up Randy Coutures gym he should be solid going into this fight.

Needless to say the Pearson/Barboza fight is the one I'm looking forward to most. Barboza's height & reach advantage could be a key in the fight - expecting FOTN here.

The whole card looks great tbh, though I personally wouldn't have had Paulo Thiago vs. David Mitchell & Fisher vs. Tavares as the Spike prelims - Swick vs Silva & Palhares vs Miller are more deserving/enticing imo, though it doesn't really matter to me since I'll be watching them all live anyway assuming they're on Facebook.

Really looking forward to the Ross Pearson bout, hes been working on his wrestling, hes been up Randy Coutures gym he should be solid going into this fight.

Nah mate, he hasn't trained at Xtreme Couture - he has been training at Alliance MMA in San Diego with Cruz, Phil Davis, Vera, Gustaffson & Travis Browne. But yeah, his wrestling (which was already probably the best of the UK guys - bar Bisping) should be improved further.

I was just about to make the same point about Pearson, it's Alliance MMA he's training at in America. Pearson vs Barboza is potenially an awesome fight, I just hope Pearson can hang with Barboza. Barboza has looked awesome so far and is being regarded as the Lightweight version of Jose Aldo

• Paid Members

Yeah Barboza is one to keep an eye on. I fancy him to beat Pearson on points but I don't really care who wins I like em both, just hope for a great fight.

Thats what it looked like that Jon Jones was finished with him.

fuck off :cool:

I was thinking, imagine if the Brazilians lose the top 3 fights. Hope they've got some good security cos Brazil is a pretty nutty place. I'm sure Chael Sonnen said he'd be there to support Okami too :cry: hope they sell bullet proof vests in Oregon.

Nah mate, he hasn't trained at Xtreme Couture - he has been training at Alliance MMA in San Diego with Cruz, Phil Davis, Vera, Gustaffson & Travis Browne. But yeah, his wrestling (which was already probably the best of the UK guys - bar Bisping) should be improved further.

He only went there for 2 weeks after that god awful Martial Arts Festival in Birmingham a few months back. He said he was off after the god awful show that he was off to Xtreme Couture for 2 weeks to practise on his wrestling over there?

I highly doubt Okami will take the win over Anderson Silva. TBH I want to see Stann Vs Silva that or Anderson move up a Rank Jon Jones Vs Anderson Silva that would be good

• Paid Members
I highly doubt Okami will take the win over Anderson Silva. TBH I want to see Stann Vs Silva that or Anderson move up a Rank Jon Jones Vs Anderson Silva that would be good

I think Okami has a decent shot myself. I'm leaning towards Anderson but with Okami's size and wrestling he's a tough fight for Anderson on paper. He's probaby gonna be harder to catch a sub on than Chael was too.

And while it would make for an exciting style fight I truly believe Brian Stann would get embarrassed by Anderson. i think it would look like a replay of Silva vs Leben or Silva vs Griffin. Anderson's just too sharp, fast and elusive for Stann imo. Stann hits very hard but thats all he's got. Silva's made guys like Hendo, Franklin, Forrest, Belfort look average.

He only went there for 2 weeks after that god awful Martial Arts Festival in Birmingham a few months back. He said he was off after the god awful show that he was off to Xtreme Couture for 2 weeks to practise on his wrestling over there?

Nope, it was Alliance MMA he went to. He originally went there a couple of months ago (before he started camp) for a fortnight to help Cruz train for the Faber fight. He never went to Vegas.

Came back here for the first month of his camp and then returned to San Diego for his last 6 weeks at Alliance.

• Paid Members

Few bits and pieces to get you pumped (if you're not already..sort it out ;) ) for UFC 134

Unofficial trailer for Silva vs Okami 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5xK9zUGDsQ

Shogun vs Forrest 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS-YSxA5Vog

Big Nog Interview

Shogun interview

and you can watch Ross Pearson's video blog's here

http://www.youtube.com/user/dogandparrot

good stuff there, I'm finding I'm again convincing myself into believing Nog and Shogun will be back on form for this one :rolleyes: I'm more hopeful of Shogun than Nog. He looks in great shape and has upped his training and concentrated more on wrestling which is good. Nog I'm not sure.

Still got a feeling Forrest will win a decision and Schaub will KO Nog. I hope to fuck I'm wrong, I can't stand Schaub.

On Shogun vs Forrest. People like to make excuses for Shogun losing the first time but Forrest had a fucked up shoulder for that fight aswell so they were both damaged goods. It was still a hell of a fight, this one might be even better if they both come in healthy.

I totally agree with wand on what would happen if Stann faced Silva, it would be over in a couple of minutes. Stann has a lot of power but I think Silva would pick him apart easily.

Okami won't be so easy, it could be a close fight but i'm going with Silva, i'm thinking a 3rd round KO/TKO. I wouldn't be surprised if it went to a decision though.

In the Shogun vs. Forrest fight I think Shogun is going to get an impressive knockout victory.

Archived