Flippity-floppety matches

Spike Sharpe

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really do love a good spotfest, in much the same way I love good matches of any sort. When I was watching the old ROH shows from 2002/2003, they were filled with scramble matches. Now, most of these ARE fucking dreadful, but now and again they would have these incredible spotfests where everything just clicks together, and when that happened, the results were spectacular. The best example is probably the big one from ROH Scramble Madness.

Any kind of match that manages to make The SAT look good is fine by me.

I really do love a good spotfest, in much the same way I love good matches of any sort. When I was watching the old ROH shows from 2002/2003, they were filled with scramble matches. Now, most of these ARE fucking dreadful, but now and again they would have these incredible spotfests where everything just clicks together, and when that happened, the results were spectacular. The best example is probably the big one from ROH Scramble Madness .

What about stuff like Wolves vs Briscoes? Would that be considered a spotfest do you reckon? I thought their bout (or atleast one of their bouts) was psychologically spot on, and at the risk of sounding like an un educated clown and getting torn a new one, I think they captured the Noah / All Japan style brilliantly.

Any kind of match that manages to make The SAT look good is fine by me.

Have you seen them recently? Last time I saw them was when they came out for the Trent Acid memorial show, they are well fucking fatties now compared to their heyday. The weight gain didn

• Paid Members
Does this not make the anti smarks even say "wow" just for a sec?

It makes me say wow, but not as much luger no selling flairs chops.

That sums it up for me, I'm impressed by the athleticism, but the story and drama is whet gets me out of my seat. Perhaps that ladder spot has more context if I watched the whole match, but I doubt it.

• Paid Members
What about stuff like Wolves vs Briscoes? Would that be considered a spotfest do you reckon? I thought their bout (or atleast one of their bouts) was psychologically spot on, and at the risk of sounding like an un educated clown and getting torn a new one, I think they captured the Noah / All Japan style brilliantly.

YOU UNEDUCATED CLOWN!!! How dare you?!

I'd have to watch it for myself. I've never seen the Briscoes ever really capture Ark/King's Road particularly well, although I'll say this for them: they're a lot better when they work heel, because they tone everything down and it works.

What about stuff like Wolves vs Briscoes? Would that be considered a spotfest do you reckon?

Yes.

I can't say I agree with you on that it captures the Puro mood perfectly ( don't know the names so won't pretend to ). I think the only one of them four that really "gets it" is Eddie Edwards.

The Briscoes are brilliant heels right now, for the record. It fits their mood and moveset perfectly. They're badasses that just want to kick your arse and are willing to go to insane lengths to hurt people.

Have you seen them recently? Last time I saw them was when they came out for the Trent Acid memorial show, they are well fucking fatties now compared to their heyday. The weight gain didn

Tbf

I only watched Destination X because of the qualifiers to the contract match.

I enjoy some highflying like that in moderation. I admire the risks taken and the athleticism. Okay it doesnt always come off but it is still fun to watch and at least there was a story behind the 4 way in that they were trying to earn a contract so were going all out to win one.

Every match and every week could get a bit dull though. It is nice to see something different sometimes

Archived