WWE new signings?

Teedy Kay

Surely this is all speculation. This wont be any different to Nexus. CM Punk and three people nobody knows or cares about. Its all well and good hinting at names to get the internet all excited, but The Kings of Wrestling and Colt Cabana arent Hall and Nash. They arent even the Saturn and Malenko, as far as name value. Look at the nWo (with Hogan, Hall and Nash), or DX (with X-Pac and the Outlaws) or the Hart Foundation (with Bret, Owen and Davey Boy).

If Hero and Castagnoli have the opportunity to tear things up with European uppercuts, roaring elbows and their double team maneuvers and then have the opportunity to cut a promo I'm sure they'll make an impression and stand out as individuals even within a faction. These guys are leaps and bounds more talented than the indispensable guys in Nexus. Your quite right about the lack of notoriety, but everyone has to start somewhere.

While I am a fan of Colt Cabana I really don't think he's got much to offer the WWE at all. They already have Santino Marella and Zack Ryder, they don't need another comedy wrestler (and those two aren't doing much anyways). Maybe if they get him on commentary or as a manager.

Colt Cabana has far more to offer than comedy. Check out his feud with Homicide from some years ago, and more recently he did a fantastic job in the role of El Generico's friend and spokesperson in the feud with Steen and Corino.

Hero's stature needn't be an issue. He's not far off from CM Punk in the physique department (His physique and chubbiness fluctuates though) and if anything it could be used in the storyline. Vince signs Hero and co to placate to CM Punk and Hero can cut an impassioned promo about how he's torn it up on the indy scene for years and his talent has been ignored because he didn't have a pretty body and a sun tan.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no clue who the Kings of Wrestling are. I assume they are a tag team - something WWE does not really want or care about. So why take them on? I only vaguely know who Colt Cabana is but why bring in people WWE fans won't know, it'll just add to the confusion while Punk still technically has a shit stable at his disposal anyway. He has WWE superstars to back him up already.

If he got MVP and Fake Kane back in though...I'd be happy with that.

Everytime anyone mentions Kings Of Wrestling, I always think of the team of Jarrett, Nash and Hall from early TNA. Now THAT would be a team to make an impact on the WWE!

As far as the ROH graduates go, Castagnoli has already spent time in development a few years ago hasn't he? I guess he'll have to do it all over again before being put on tv.

Everytime anyone mentions Kings Of Wrestling, I always think of the team of Jarrett, Nash and Hall from early TNA. Now THAT would be a team to make an impact on the WWE!

As far as the ROH graduates go, Castagnoli has already spent time in development a few years ago hasn't he? I guess he'll have to do it all over again before being put on tv.

Me too! It's always with a tinge of disappointment when I realise it's not who people are on about.

Somebody posted it on here a while ago, and since then I've not been able to shake off the thought. I reckon Vince is sending food parcels ROH's way, just like he did with ECW. I know they've just been bought or taken over or something, but rumours like these and the stuff they're scripting for Punk about Cabana and wrestling in general only further my suspicions. I just hope to christ in return for the cash he doesn't steal all their concepts like he did with ECW. No ROH on Raw please.

I would love to see a group with CM Punk, Kings Of Wrestling, Colt Cobana & Luke Gallows who could be the hired muscle, Serena could even come back which I wouldnt mind seeing, they could have Paul Heyman end up being the annonymous Raw GM aswell down the road, I also hope WWE sign up WGTT & Briscoes & then WWE could have the strongest tag team division they have had in like 10 years now.

• Paid Members
Colt Cabana has far more to offer than comedy. Check out his feud with Homicide from some years ago, and more recently he did a fantastic job in the role of El Generico's friend and spokesperson in the feud with Steen and Corino.

Hero's stature needn't be an issue. He's not far off from CM Punk in the physique department (His physique and chubbiness fluctuates though) and if anything it could be used in the storyline. Vince signs Hero and co to placate to CM Punk and Hero can cut an impassioned promo about how he's torn it up on the indy scene for years and his talent has been ignored because he didn't have a pretty body and a sun tan.

I've seen Cabana's fued with Homicide and yes it was good but if you take away the comedy act what single attribute does he have that no one else currently on the WWE roster doesn't?

I don't like all this talk of KOW and Cabana being signed up and forming a stable with CM Punk, to 99.99% of the audience these three guys are as faceless as every other member of the New Nexus. And a wrestler moaning about people ont taking his physique seriously isn't exactly exciting television. At the end of the day to be a true success in WWE as soon as people see you on screen you need to look good, you need to look like an athlete or a bodybuilder or a double-hard bastard. Chris Hero looks like none of these.

Cobana's wrestling style is unique I always see something new when I watch him, he could be the goofy heel in the group who gets shouted at all the time, thats the best way to utilise Cobana & even if they dont do that I think Colt would enjoy the challenge of getting over being serious.

How does one justify putting no names in major angles then? You homo.

Oy! Watch your language!

Surely your not blinded by flappery (

• Paid Members

Did he even make it to developmental? From what I remember, it was announced he'd signed, ROH, Chikara and CZW all took their Titles off him and Hero and then he just never went. Was really odd.

Undertaker was 7 feet tall and dressed like a dead man. He looked incredible. That counts for A LOT when giving a newcomer an insta push. See also Goldberg, Bill and Lesnar, Brock.

Did he even make it to developmental? From what I remember, it was announced he'd signed, ROH, Chikara and CZW all took their Titles off him and Hero and then he just never went. Was really odd.

I seem to remember some bollocks about a visa which I'm not sure I actually believed even at the time.

• Paid Members
No one knew who The Undertaker was when he was introduced on to a prominent SS team. But through his effective character and talent things turned out well.

Undertaker wasnt brought in in a major angle. And he was already on TV with WCW for years and had worked with WWF's biggest star Hulk Hogan on a film the year before. And they built him up for a year before he wrestled Hogan. What the original post is suggesting is that they bring in two people who are less well known as Husky Harris and put them in a major angle with John Cena, CM Punk and Vince McMahon. They tried this one year ago, remember? With Nexus. People want to see names in the top positions. People they connect with. No a two people who have already been fired and a bloke with a shit beard.

Those 'fuckers' as you put it, are also talented and I believe they would make the most of an opportunity and gain notoriety.

Tyson Kidd is better than both of them. But he's not much use. Being talented doesnt mean anything. Its whether they can carry themselves. I know everyone thinks because CM Punk is now an established main eventer, so can everyone else thats passed though ROH. But thats not the case at all. CM Punk has everything you want out of a sports entertainer. They have about 50 Kings of Wrestling 2.0 and Scotty Goldman's on the current roster and in FCW.

Archived