WWE new signings?

Teedy Kay

• Paid Members
Adam Martin has reported on Wrestleview.com tonight that while Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas) may well be advertised as working The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) with Shane Hagadorn at the initial Ring of Honor taping for Sinclair Broadcasting...that this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports Hero and Castagnoli may well instead be WWE-bound.

The tag team is currently in the middle of a pre-signing procedure of full physicals and criminal background checks required by WWE.

Further, Colt Cabana has also been reported as telling one independent he is regularly booked with that he will not be available after next month.

None of the three are under contract to Ring of Honor under the new contracts under Sinclair Broadcasting ownership

I'd be over the moon if this were true for Hero, he's been a solid worker for absolutely years now. I'm sure we'd all agree he was over so Indyrific in his early days but I still found the guy to be a fantastic talent.

Once he started going down the gym more and toned down on his 'Iron Man' 30-60 minuters every other show (Punk was the bleeding same back then), I found he really started to mature into a quality worker.

Double C is awesome too, and if I'm right didn't WWE sign him to a developmental deal a few years ago?

If they are coming in together will they push them as a solid tag team? I wonder, if they are looking in that direction, I expect Briscoes may also follow.

With Colt also being rumoured, would that collective of four not be an amazing little faction with Punk?

I'd sign them, have them run roughshod over the Indy scene (with those companies that agree to it obv), regular updates on WWE.com about Punk's whereabouts with their title and his new movement, fancam videos featured on RAW every now and again, leading to the 4 of them coming in a few months down the line and taking the build and momentum from that angle straight into a program on RAW.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tag team division could properly do with the Kings, it really could.

I would like to see Punk drop the new Nexus and then make an ROH faction. I know it could seem like such a rehash of the original Nexus, but the guys involved would be much stronger individuals unlike the guys in Nexus who just made up numbers.

• Paid Members

Surely this is all speculation. This wont be any different to Nexus. CM Punk and three people nobody knows or cares about. Its all well and good hinting at names to get the internet all excited, but The Kings of Wrestling and Colt Cabana arent Hall and Nash. They arent even the Saturn and Malenko, as far as name value. Look at the nWo (with Hogan, Hall and Nash), or DX (with X-Pac and the Outlaws) or the Hart Foundation (with Bret, Owen and Davey Boy). A successful group works with name stars. If Heyman was to return and lead a stable with Punk, you want people like MVP or Luke Gallows to give reference point to why they left in the first place. People the crowd can look at and say "I wondered why these guys done have a job anymore: and know they've explained its all McMahons fault". Not people from Ring of Honor. I can see then going the route of Vince and Punk getting together anyway.

• Paid Members

While I am a fan of Colt Cabana I really don't think he's got much to offer the WWE at all. They already have Santino Marella and Zack Ryder, they don't need another comedy wrestler (and those two aren't doing much anyways). Maybe if they get him on commentary or as a manager.

Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli could be great in WWE. Chris Hero really needs to get in better shape though, hopefully a few months in FCW will sort that out though. Hero really does have all the tools and could become a major player.

While I am a fan of Colt Cabana I really don't think he's got much to offer the WWE at all. They already have Santino Marella and Zack Ryder, they don't need another comedy wrestler (and those two aren't doing much anyways). Maybe if they get him on commentary or as a manager.

I agree, no more comedy is required. Underneath the tom foolery though he

• Paid Members

Well what's the point of hiring Colt Cabana if he's not doing comedy? They've already got a bunch of great wrestlers (some better than Cabana) doing nothing, we don't need another. If they wanted to put someone in the

Surely this is all speculation. This wont be any different to Nexus. CM Punk and three people nobody knows or cares about. Its all well and good hinting at names to get the internet all excited, but The Kings of Wrestling and Colt Cabana arent Hall and Nash. They arent even the Saturn and Malenko, as far as name value. Look at the nWo (with Hogan, Hall and Nash), or DX (with X-Pac and the Outlaws) or the Hart Foundation (with Bret, Owen and Davey Boy). A successful group works with name stars. If Heyman was to return and lead a stable with Punk, you want people like MVP or Luke Gallows to give reference point to why they left in the first place. People the crowd can look at and say "I wondered why these guys done have a job anymore: and know they've explained its all McMahons fault". Not people from Ring of Honor. I can see then going the route of Vince and Punk getting together anyway.

I missed this post the first time round but

Archived