WWE new signings?

Teedy Kay

I've seen Cabana's feud with Homicide and yes it was good but if you take away the comedy act what single attribute does he have that no one else currently on the WWE roster doesn't?

He has a great chain wrestling/European style. And he can cut promos with a true gusto. More importantly than that, its his name that has been name dropped as being someone unfairly done away with. And he received a chant! Since CM Punk has confronted Vince about how he runs the company, it seems reasonable for Cabana to show up himself and likewise speak about his Scotty Goldman run.

I don't like all this talk of KOW and Cabana being signed up and forming a stable with CM Punk, to 99.99% of the audience these three guys are as faceless as every other member of the New Nexus.

They can explain the story about ROH though. I had no idea who Takeshi Morishima was when he first bumped in to Samoa Joe backstage on an ROH DVD. I was informed that Morishima was a super heavyweight in NOAH and I became rather interested in seeing this battle of the titans.

Your right that they would initially be just as faceless as the first Nexus, but I think after some in ring performances and promos they would make far more of an impression than the Nexus guys did.

At the end of the day to be a true success in WWE as soon as people see you on screen you need to look good, you need to look like an athlete or a bodybuilder or a double-hard bastard. Chris Hero looks like none of these.

Christian doesn't either and Edge even less so before he retired. I can only disagree and suggest that there's been less emphasis on physiques in the last few years in the WWE.

As far as looking like an athlete, he will sure as hell look like one if WWE allow him to do his thing in the ring.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
He has a great chain wrestling/European style. And he can cut promos with a true gusto. More importantly than that, its his name that has been name dropped as being someone unfairly done away with. And he received a chant! Since CM Punk has confronted Vince about how he runs the company, it seems reasonable for Cabana to show up himself and likewise speak about his Scotty Goldman run.

Christian doesn't either and Edge even less so before he retired. I can only disagree and suggest that there's been less emphasis on physiques in the last few years in the WWE.

As far as looking like an athlete, he will sure as hell look like one if WWE allow him to do his thing in the ring.

They already have William Regal who can do chain wrestling/European style better and he's also funnier, more charismatic and generally better than Colt Cabana in every single way and he hasn't done anything for years. So Cabana turns up talks about his Scotty Goldman run (which no one will remember as he was only on Smackdown twice and only for 5 minutes each time)...and then what? The rosters are already stacked, if they are going to bring new people in they can do alot better than Colt Cabana. If they can barely find time on Raw for Drew McInytre, Chris Masters, Zack Ryder and Santino Marella why bother hiring someone who will never draw a dime just because he got a chant on Raw? CM Punk was on such a roll with that promo he could have said "Shawn Stasiak" in place of Colt Cabana and the fans would have chanted it.

I would say that Christian looks like an athlete and Edge may not at the end of his run but he still looked better than Hero does now and he had 10 years of being over with the fans to fall back on.

• Moderators

And why would you have something as minor league as roh as the invaders? Most of the audience would have never even heard of them. It'd be impossible for them to be seen as a threat, and why would you want to make them look a threat while the company of roh itself is in business?

• Paid Members
WWE would end up drastically changing Castagnoli's appearance as he looks like an anorexic version of Triple H.

Anorexics, of course, being famous for not having six packs and otherwise looking like large, muscular men.

The Colt thing confused me. He's at his best as a comedy wrestler, and I don't get how they'd introduce him as a 'friend' of Punk because that realistically makes him an automatic heel. He's not the kinda guy you should be introducing as someone to hate.

Do you think they'd be viable as "Invaders" though?

As things stand, no not at all. With sufficient build up on TV though, starting off with just passing acknowledgements, even slating them as they do and gradually over a period of about 6 months make the references more and more frequent they could be built up to pay out on a winning angle. For such an angle to

• Paid Members

Didn't WWF/E do the same with ECW and the NWA though? I know the NWA angle didn't do so well, but I was under the impression the ECW angle was a relative success? Not to mention that was acknowledgment of an existing company.

Didn't WWF/E do the same with ECW and the NWA though? I know the NWA angle didn't do so well, but I was under the impression the ECW angle was a relative success? Not to mention that was acknowledgment of an existing company.

Aye, but that was during the wars was it not? I can

Do you think they'd be viable as "Invaders" though?

I don't think an invasion by Roh would work at all. They'd need to make it much broader than that I think.

Make it a faction of "International Wrestling Talent", push the fact they they are dangerous because they have worked all over the world, learning many different styles "while WWE has been churning out clones from Florida". Push the fact that none of them 'needed' WWE, as they have found success in 'real' wrestling companies around the world, making a full-time living without having to sell out to Vince. Have them claim that they have had enough of WWE turning wrestling into "just another TV show" and soiling the name of Professional Wrestling, and they are taking a stand, with Punk as their leader. have Daniel Bryan turn heel and join their ranks maybe, to add to the numbers.

Never gonna happen, mind, but I still think they'd be better as a regular faction, rather than some invading force from one Indy company.

Archived