Kid Kash Re Signs For TNA

leeds

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say chuck most of the current X-Division and bring in a whole new bunch of people. They made a brilliant choice of bringing in Austin Aries and, while I've never been his biggest fan, Kid Kash is nice and different. It'd be criminal not to bring in Low Ki at this stage too.

Getting rid of GenMe was a good move, now if Amazing Red and Shannon Moore joined them things would look much better. With Shelley & Sabin in the tag team division, the X-Division has been pretty wank for far too long now.

• Paid Members

Jesse Neal is injured and before his injury they were giving him the "he killed Bin Laden on his own" gimmick, so I predict Shannon Moore will be gone soon. His safety blackets are both well out of favour with TNA. So much so, Moore hardly ever appears on television now. He was on the DX PPV, but thats only because they wanted small lads on the card. He's pointless now. Jesse Neal's progressed to the point where he doesnt need him anymore. I really rate Jesse Neal. He's class.

I've rated Neal since he first debuted that look. He looks like Shannon Moore but much less of a dick.

We all knew Low Ki wouldn't win the 4 way as he was wrestling as Low Ki. A return to TNA full time would mean the return of Senshi.

Austin Aries wasn't wrestling as Austin Starr though.

I think Jack Evans would be a popular choice. If not him then PAC. Gregory Helms could offer a good heel. Rockstar Spud would offer so much character to the x division. I want Petey Williams back. I miss the Canadian destroyer finisher, also Jay Lethal's imitation gimmick.

I've rated Neal since he first debuted that look. He looks like Shannon Moore but much less of a dick.

Austin Aries wasn't wrestling as Austin Starr though.

Wasn't he called Austin Aries in TNA before being called Austin Starr?

• Paid Members
We all knew Low Ki wouldn't win the 4 way as he was wrestling as Low Ki. A return to TNA full time would mean the return of Senshi.

TNA jacked in the whole "owning the trademark" thing ages ago. For some reason in 2006, they tried to get all controlling, until they released it wasnt working out to well. If Low Ki comes back, I doubt he'll not be Low Ki. It would be a bit daft, if he came back under a different name after recently working a PPV as Low Ki.

Wasn't he called Austin Aries in TNA before being called Austin Starr?

When he was working under a pay per show deal, yes. When he signed a full contract, they wanted him to change his name or give up the rights to use his name. Back in 2006, they thought they had to own the names because they were about to turn them into megastars and wanted to own the names their wrestlers were performing under. I think reality set in around 2008 that this wasnt going to happen.

• Paid Members
TNA jacked in the whole "owning the trademark" thing ages ago. For some reason in 2006, they tried to get all controlling, until they released it wasnt working out to well. If Low Ki comes back, I doubt he'll not be Low Ki. It would be a bit daft, if he came back under a different name after recently working a PPV as Low Ki.

When he was working under a pay per show deal, yes. When he signed a full contract, they wanted him to change his name or give up the rights to use his name. Back in 2006, they thought they had to own the names because they were about to turn them into megastars and wanted to own the names their wrestlers were performing under. I think reality set in around 2008 that this wasnt going to happen.

Dunno if they've jacked it in as such - they re-named Nigel McGuinness to Desmond Wolfe, Phil Shatter to Gunner, "Blood Red" Tommy Mercer to Crimson and Rob Eckos and Becky Bayless to Robbie E and Cookie.

Anyway, what's with all the hate for Shannon Moore? Sure, he was a bit shite in WWE, but I think he's been half-decent since he got back to TNA. He's not a bad promo, he's got a cool-ish gimmick, a memorable look which sort of negates the problems with his size, and he seems to be able to get over with the crowd. He's not all that botchy, either.

• Paid Members

Apart from arguably the Nigel McGuinness name, they were based on the gimmick they were presenting. The other three were nobodies, so it wasnt like they were offering them a deal where they wanted to own the name "Rob Eckos". Robbie E and Cookie are far more Jersey Shore like names, and you just cant put a bloke called Phil Shatter on telly. Its just wrong. Those lot are more about creating characters in their own image as opposed to telling two wrestlers who they've previously had under contract (like Aries and Low Ki) to give up the name or change it.

• Paid Members
Apart from arguably the Nigel McGuinness name, they were based on the gimmick they were presenting. The other three were nobodies, so it wasnt like they were offering them a deal where they wanted to own the name "Rob Eckos". Robbie E and Cookie are far more Jersey Shore like names, and you just cant put a bloke called Phil Shatter on telly. Its just wrong. Those lot are more about creating characters in their own image as opposed to telling two wrestlers who they've previously had under contract (like Aries and Low Ki) to give up the name or change it.

:laugh: I thought I was the only one who thought that. It's so odd how the word "Shatter", for such a dynamic meaning, sounds so dodgy in a name.

I get what you mean about the others, except for Wolfe/McGuinness. I suppose he was hired far back enough where maybe they thought it was still worthwhile doing it. Or maybe they were suitably impressed by him that they thought: "Hey, this guy's good, he'll be a star - need to get rights on him, fast."

Can't really think of anyone else; would say Pope, but he came up with that gimmick himself. Not sure if he came up with D'Angelo Dinero, though.

Dunno if they've jacked it in as such - they re-named Nigel McGuinness to Desmond Wolfe, Phil Shatter to Gunner, "Blood Red" Tommy Mercer to Crimson and Rob Eckos and Becky Bayless to Robbie E and Cookie.

Anyway, what's with all the hate for Shannon Moore? Sure, he was a bit shite in WWE, but I think he's been half-decent since he got back to TNA. He's not a bad promo, he's got a cool-ish gimmick, a memorable look which sort of negates the problems with his size, and he seems to be able to get over with the crowd. He's not all that botchy, either.

Bomber, did you see his promo with Hulk Hogan where he came out in his (Moore's) hometown to demand a tag match? He was like the incredible heat vacuum. It was one of those larger, non-Orlando crowds and Hulk had them all wet, fucking Shannon Moore came out with his faux-growly voice and just KILLED the place.

The guy just doesn't connect with the crowds at all. It was becoming increasingly clear that Jesse Neal was the more interesting of the team even before Shannon started turning heel.

Archived