1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if I can also sue Danny for a new printer ink cartridge, the amount of printing I have to do over the weekend for when I prepare my small claims case?

just out of curiosity when someone does a small claims case do they use a solicitor/lawyer to do the arguing for them or is it the person whos owed the cash does it all themselves in front of a judge?

• Paid Members
just out of curiosity when someone does a small claims case do they use a solicitor/lawyer to do the arguing for them or is it the person whos owed the cash does it all themselves in front of a judge?

You send off the claim via post, a judge looks over it to see if it's valid. If the judge deems monies are owed, it's sent to the defendant who then has 14 days to either pay, dispute it, or counter-claim.

They went the other route of getting other people to be responsible for the cash. Which effectively could be looked and money laundering but I am sure intentions were decent enough

Your heart's in the right place, Mark, but I'm fairly sure the intentions weren't honourable, and that using other people's Paypal accounts was all part of the plan.

This whole thing stinks of a classic scam, and has done since the beginning. In the interests of fairness, people including myself have been pointing this out all along. It would appear that Danny Rodd (or possibly Maurice, or both) have effectively scammed you all out of about 20 grand on nothing but promises.

Everyone who is owed money should be grouping together to go after the company for the money they're owed. It doesn't matter which of them is guilty, they have left a paper trail and, as directors, they are both still legally responsible. The police should be on top of this already - has anyone actually gone to them?

I recommend you all start here:

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/

They will help you get the ball rolling, and can help get a police investigation under way.

Or, you know, keep moaning on this internet forum.

• Paid Members

Are you suggesting - in the simplest terms - that Rodd's plan all along was to have all the money come in through different accounts, so that when - not if - the show was cancelled, refunds would be for others to sort out while he sat and counted the cash?

Your heart's in the right place, Mark, but I'm fairly sure the intentions weren't honourable, and that using other people's Paypal accounts was all part of the plan.

This whole thing stinks of a classic scam, and has done since the beginning. In the interests of fairness, people including myself have been pointing this out all along. It would appear that Danny Rodd (or possibly Maurice, or both) have effectively scammed you all out of about 20 grand on nothing but promises.

Everyone who is owed money should be grouping together to go after the company for the money they're owed. It doesn't matter which of them is guilty, they have left a paper trail and, as directors, they are both still legally responsible. The police should be on top of this already - has anyone actually gone to them?

I recommend you all start here:

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/

They will help you get the ball rolling, and can help get a police investigation under way.

Or, you know, keep moaning on this internet forum.

Thanks for the pat on the head, but what you will have to understand is that I am obviously privy to alot more information that is public and your advice, while the intention is good the information is incorrect. You can go after the company, but the company has nothing, no funds or assets and has not traded. People have paid individuals and they are responsible not a non trading limited company. Not one person has paid into or recieved a reciept for 1PW limited or whatever it is they are calling themselves.

Are you suggesting - in the simplest terms - that Rodd's plan all along was to have all the money come in through different accounts, so that when - not if - the show was cancelled, refunds would be for others to sort out while he sat and counted the cash?

To suggest that movie like plot is probably more exciting than the truth but the fact of the matter is this. Danny or whomever is truely responsible hasn't gone out to commit mass fraud, they had a plan, the plan has seriously messed up and the real issue is how they are sorting this mess out.

The crime is three fold :- that the money isn't being returned to the people who paid in good faith and recieved nothing for their paper and that the people have spent the money and cannot get it back to retun it to those people and lastly that insted of dealing with it with the upmost of urgency, they have either burried their heads or are refusing to take responsibility for their actions.

For the record too, they couldn't have known they're account would be frozen, many ticket sellers have never had the same issue, it was likely something that wasn't dealt with properly again.

Thanks for the pat on the head, but what you will have to understand is that I am obviously privy to alot more information that is public and your advice, while the intention is good the information is incorrect. You can go after the company, but the company has nothing, no funds or assets and has not traded. People have paid individuals and they are responsible not a non trading limited company. Not one person has paid into or recieved a reciept for 1PW limited or whatever it is they are calling themselves.

If you have information not in the public domain that would help people to get their money back, then post it! I'm just going by what those of us who aren't in your privileged position know, and from this angle it looks like deliberate fraud. The fact they waited until the PayPal money back period to expire before pulling the plug is pretty telling. Whether the show started as a deliberate con, it certainly ended as one.

If you have information not in the public domain that would help people to get their money back, then post it!

If I did, I would, just about every post I have made in the thread since it was cancelled has been information of that kind. What I am not doing is making up or guessing at the situation.

I'm just going by what those of us who aren't in your privileged position know, and from this angle it looks like deliberate fraud. The fact they waited until the PayPal money back period to expire before pulling the plug is pretty telling. Whether the show started as a deliberate con, it certainly ended as one.

No, your speculating on what you think, not what "those of us" think. I have no desire to argue with you on it, but your approach isn't going to help people get thier money back. They need facts, not wild speculation. I am not in any privilidged position, I just spend alot of time trying to avert this exact thing happening and have helped alot of differenct people who involved but seperating the facts from the speculation.

Was reading the Daily Mirror at work the other day, think it was Thursday, but I noticed something that might be useful to some on here.

There was a two page article devoted to two guys, Penman & Sommerlad, who investigate scams or situations where people have been ripped off.

If enough of you contact them, we may get somewhere, plus they will probably be able to advise the best way of getting your money back as well as finding out who really has your cash.

You can email them on the address below:

Investigate@mirror.co.uk

As far as Adam being in debt, sorry to hear that, but you worked with 1PW enough to hear the horror stories but still went ahead and did what you did.

I can't feel too sorry for you, as the only ones whon deserve any sympathy are those who didn't know about 1PW, but spending that sort of money without checking up on the company is still pretty stupid.

I have also presented all the facts I could find put about thus situation and handed them to someone I know whose dad works in the legal system and he will be getting back to me with what he thinks about this situation once he gets some spare time to look through it all.

I will keep you all up to date with anything else I find out.

I do not know if this would stand or not. I was planning on attending this 1PW weekend in October. For me to do so i had to book three days off work. As the show is cancelled i have three days booked off in work that i now no longer need the time off for. As this 3 days took me up to my limit for my holiday allowance any other holiday i took would have to be unpaid. I have had to book for 3 days off at another time unpaid. My work cannot cancel the dates i have booked off for the 1PW weekend for administration reasons. Would i have a case to then if the 1PW company went into administration to put in a compensation claim to be a creditor for reasons of loss of earnings as i feel like i have been done in out 3 days of earnings in my day job?

I do not know if this would stand or not. I was planning on attending this 1PW weekend in October. For me to do so i had to book three days off work. As the show is cancelled i have three days booked off in work that i now no longer need the time off for. As this 3 days took me up to my limit for my holiday allowance any other holiday i took would have to be unpaid. I have had to book for 3 days off at another time unpaid. My work cannot cancel the dates i have booked off for the 1PW weekend for administration reasons. Would i have a case to then if the 1PW company went into administration to put in a compensation claim to be a creditor for reasons of loss of earnings as i feel like i have been done in out 3 days of earnings in my day job?

I'd be more concerned with getting a new job mate, that's a shitehouse place to work with those tactics!

No, its your workplace that is being unreasonable, I have never worked anywhere that will not allow you to cancel holidays, that is ludicrous. Plus, if it came to creditors I think they have bigger fish to fry, youre being silly (thats being diplomatic)

Archived