1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

I do not know if this would stand or not. I was planning on attending this 1PW weekend in October. For me to do so i had to book three days off work. As the show is cancelled i have three days booked off in work that i now no longer need the time off for. As this 3 days took me up to my limit for my holiday allowance any other holiday i took would have to be unpaid. I have had to book for 3 days off at another time unpaid. My work cannot cancel the dates i have booked off for the 1PW weekend for administration reasons. Would i have a case to then if the 1PW company went into administration to put in a compensation claim to be a creditor for reasons of loss of earnings as i feel like i have been done in out 3 days of earnings in my day job?

time off on holiday/unpaid leave ≠ lost earnings so the answer AFAIK is no. Not sure if there's a legal precedent for it tho.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
time off on holiday/unpaid leave ≠ lost earnings so the answer AFAIK is no. Not sure if there's a legal precedent for it tho.

I don't think you can claim for that, for example what if you were heading to Leeds or Reading festivals and they cancelled? You couldn't very well sue for your holiday time off could you?

Dangerously420: you took the holiday, which is paid for. The event was cancelled, which is unrelated to your job. You're still going to get paid for those three days off. Where are you losing earnings?

Think he means for the other 3 days he has to book but I think you'll find that a company gives you a set entitlement & its your responsibility to prioritize which parts of your personal life you use them for so I don't think you have a leg to stand on there.

• Paid Members
I must commend the UKFFers so far on not laughing in the face of Adam. He got a lot more sympathy than i expected & if what he says is true, I wish him well in his attempts to do the right thing :thumbsup:

To be honest, I think his situation is far to serious to laugh at and he actually taking responsibility, making him the only person connected to 1PW that is doing so. I wonder if he knew he would be responsible for refunds when he agreed to take the money? I have to say I wouldn't have known and I wonder how many other people would have known that. It wouldn't even have occured to me!

To be honest, I think his situation is far to serious to laugh at and he actually taking responsibility, making him the only person connected to 1PW that is doing so. I wonder if he knew he would be responsible for refunds when he agreed to take the money? I have to say I wouldn't have known and I wonder how many other people would have known that. It wouldn't even have occured to me!

I also allowed danny to use my paypal account.....but it was linked to danny's account and not mine....im hoping adam gets this soughted has he has been the most loyal to 1PW and is now paying the price for that loyalty.

was email this

from danny rodd

apparent i'm still on a 1pw mailing list lol

To One Pro Wrestling Fans, Friends and Critics

After an extremely difficult few weeks, I would like to take the time to finally publish my side of the horrible situation that has unfolded at 1PW. There is currently a great deal of hearsay and slander going around, but what I will post here will be facts and facts only.

First of all: refunds.

I have issued most of the refunds that I can do personally. The remaining refunds owed need to come via Maurice. Any payments made to enterprizeebay and studio@freshdigitalradio need to go through that very account. Any monies sent to those accounts were sent to Maurice F Brooks. I have zero access to either account and thus cannot refund the money. If any monies were withdrawn from that PayPal account to a bank account it was direct to Maurice

was email this

from danny rodd

what a cunt he tryinng to pass the buck

to true I've asked him many times in public forums who has had refunds and he refuses to answer me also I've not heard of anyone saying they've had a refund from him despite the fact they paid him directly

Would that not still make you responsible for the sales made through your account, even though you can't access the bank account that the money went into?

No as all monies were refunded back to the same people that day (my paypal account was frozen) but when refunds are requested, its the bank account that is linked that monies are taken from......hence why poor adam curtis is being hit for over 6k

Even though it was my paypal account, i asked that danny linked his bank account....firstly so i had no involvment in money handling and in the event of this happening i was not held accountable money wise.

If only Adam and maurice had done the same thing, then this mess would have been more straight forward to resolve

• Paid Members

was email this

from danny rodd

what a cunt he tryinng to pass the buck

Aww you got me excited J, I thought Danny actually had something to say, but that email's old and has already been posted in this thread. You're right though, he is a cunt.

So did your missus ever hear what danny boy's been saying?

Any comment?

I'd like to think she wouldn't give Danny any credibility at all!

Archived