1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Buying tickets to a meet and greet? Yeah.

It's not uncommon, promoters in the states make full weekends of it sometimes.

It's pretty disgusting then, charging someone for the privilege of meeting you.

• Paid Members
Why?

Taking money off someone just to shake your hand and for them to tell you how you were their favourite? It's pretty sad that a human being would charge another human being just to acknowledge they exist.

Is the meet all that happens? Someone talk me through what my

• Paid Members
Taking money off someone just to shake your hand and for them to tell you how you were their favourite? It's pretty sad that a human being would charge another human being just to acknowledge they exist.

Shawn's got to make a living some how. It's not like he's the first guy to do this.

• Paid Members
Shawn's got to make a living some how. It's not like he's the first guy to do this.

It's shocking that anyone does it, regardless of who else did it before him.

There are plenty of other ways to make money.

Fair enough I suppose it's a bit like whoring away your handshake, he's gone way down in my estimation though.

I'd never ever pay money just to meet someone, even if I was filthy rich.

No me neither, but then again I like to think I reside on the right side of fan/weirdo obsessive, I don't buy wrestling dolls or e-feds or anything like that either.

As far as shawn goes though I don't see it's any different that these wrestler convention things, have the reason people pay to go to them is to meet workers, this is just being up front and making it all about Shawn. And he's a pro wrestler, extracting money from marks has been his job description for the last 30 odd years. Now he doesn't even need to work to do it, that's a proper worker, to my mind.

Fair enough I suppose it's a bit like whoring away your handshake, he's gone way down in my estimation though.

I'd never ever pay money just to meet someone, even if I was filthy rich.

It's just a way for a promoter to raise enough money to pay HBK.

I visited a "free" local indy show a few years ago. It was jam packed with irritant 15/16 year olds who were just there because they were bored.

They didn't know shit about wrestling and didn't care.

They tried to put themselfs over by herassing the wrestlers.

They even used laserpens during the matches to ruin the show.

So yeah, charging money is a good thing. It weeds out all the morons. PLUS Shawn can be sure there will actually be die-hard HBK fans, instead of some local WWE Cena Mark who has seen an HBK match once in his life. That's a waste of anyones time.

• Paid Members

Whooshiness of Si's comments aside (and this isn't aimed at him), I'd normaly only pay to go to a meet and greet 'event', where there are multiple wrestlers, with other activities thrown in too (like merch tables etc). Ones like WWE's Axxess and TNA over here come to mind.

There are 2-3 wrestlers however, that I would pay individualy for, because the chance of a handshake and photo are highly unlikely under 'nomal' conditions. HBK is one of them, Hogan, Flair, Taker being 3 more off the top of my head. I ran into HHH outside a gym last year, and got a pic and handshake for free. If he'd have tried to charge me even $5 for that, its likely he wouldn't have made it to Mania 27. Its all about the situation.

We also have to remember that most of the folks worth shaking the hand of, are all the way over in the states, so its a bit too much to ask for their time and cost of flights ect, to be theirs to pay.

Archived