WWE Money In The Bank 2011

Cobra1000

Tonight is the night!!! Can't remember the last time I was this excited about a wwe ppv.

I can't see Cena losing the title but I really hope he does. It's good that MITB had become such an important ppv and yet tonight is only the second one ever. I'd put it 3rd right behind the Royal Rumble.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Useless thought, could a MITB winner cash in before the Cena Punk match, beat Cena with a Roll up or sneak attack thus voiding the title stip and getting around it that way?

Do you mean not even have the Cena vs Punk match at all?

That probably would result in a riot.

I think the wre......superstar actually has to hand the case over and wait for the official to ring the bell so unless they change the rules up to suit the storyline I don't think a MITB winner could win the title with a suprise roll up.

Just been reading on Twitter and another forum that numerous people with seats around ringside are attempting to bring streamers to throw into the ring for CM Punk like in ROH.

I think the wre......superstar actually has to hand the case over and wait for the official to ring the bell so unless they change the rules up to suit the storyline I don't think a MITB winner could win the title with a suprise roll up.

Yeah that's correct, it's different to the old 24/7 hardcore title rules.

• Paid Members

That wouldn't void anything. Punk is contracted to a title match on this night, so if Mr. MITB wins the belt he'd have to instantly defend it against Punk. And the stip is if Punk leaves with the title, Cena is fired. So if Punk beats the guy cashing in, it's still see you later Cena.

It won't happen, useless idea with zero positives or benefits to come from it.

They can change the rules as and when they want. Although the standing up thing is obvious, as the MitB has to be cashed in for a championship match and as seen throughout the years no match can be started until bother men are on their feet and ready to begin.

Hyperthetically speaking if for example, Cena does a spot where he puts Punk through the announce table, he's on his feet still, can a M.I.T.B. winner such as Del Rio come to cash in there and then? It could even be near the end of the macth with Cena and Punk for example, but the match is still technically in progress??? Just a thought to cure boredom thats all!

Do you mean not even have the Cena vs Punk match at all?

No I mean, it happens somewhere else. Say Cena cuts a promo in ring, MITB winner comes down, gets a sneaky win. Voids the stip in the match match still goes ahead

It probably would. As said was just a thought and neatly removes the problem of the title leaving. With WWE being able to fuck up angles at will. I wouldnt put it past them doing something like that to get out of the clause even if it is shit

That wouldn't void anything. Punk is contracted to a title match on this night, so if Mr. MITB wins the belt he'd have to instantly defend it against Punk. And the stip is if Punk leaves with the title, Cena is fired. So if Punk beats the guy cashing in, it's still see you later Cena.

It won't happen, useless idea with zero positives or benefits to come from it.

Fair enough, was just thinking out loud as to how they could get around things. As there is seemingly going to be some kind of deus ex machina, with the PPV being about the MITB and then that feud on top.

Kane cashed in last year iirc. So unless they are going to play at waiting for both shots. What about Punk vs Cena being on early, Cena getting fired, then reinstated by Vince for an MITB match winning that and then cashing in on Punk? Just thinking outloud here

. What about Punk vs Cena being on early, Cena getting fired, then reinstated by Vince for an MITB match winning that and then cashing in on Punk? Just thinking outloud here

because the stipulation isnt 'if Punk wins', Vince said 'if Punk leaves MITB with the title'! this is why Im so confident we'll see a cash in that night.... also I have a feeling the SD MITB winner may be the first to lose a cashed in MITB shot.

I'm very much looking forward to this show. So glad it's on Sports.

Do people still think it would be as exciting if it was anywhere other than Chicago. All the storyline aspects are very fun with all the possibilities, but the fact that the crowd should be so hot will make it a great match too. It's nice to know that a crowd can still have that much effect on a match.

Do people still think it would be as exciting if it was anywhere other than Chicago. All the storyline aspects are very fun with all the possibilities, but the fact that the crowd should be so hot will make it a great match too. It's nice to know that a crowd can still have that much effect on a match.

great point, I think you can make an honest case to suggesting Punk wouldnt be in the main event if it wasnt in Chicago!

• Paid Members
If the MITB winner cashed in it before the Punk-Cena match it would make him look very stupid as he would have to face a fresh Punk after already having 2 matches.

Nah, bollocks. Everyone regularly comes out with this shit. Personally, i'd like a fresh approach rather than the sneaky, heelish opportunistic cash-in which has been used almost every single time. Wrestling characters are awesome when they're all about bravado, confidence and being so ridiculously cock-sure of themselves. How much bragging rights would a wrestler have if he wins the title under such circumstances? And it could be a great way to jump up a mid-carder/upper mid-carder a few notches.

It could also work for both heel or face easily. The heel, as mentioned being so confident in his abilities or still using under-handed tactics to win the match or immediately after a grueling match and their opponent is spent (as in previous cash-ins). And boasting about winning after having matches already (would fit pretty well for Del Rio i think). Or for a face... having had the ladder match and going through a serious beating (and showing the effects of it to really get it over) decides to cash in on the night against the champion who he's had issues/brewing issues with for a while and isn't going to wait.

It could even be used tonight to facilitate a turn. Say Christian beats Orton for the title, then Smackdown MITB winner Sheamus (covered in the marks that his body tends to awesomely display from the ladder match) and walking wounded cashes in right there and then because he believes he should be in the title match anyway and in the build-up has had reason to believe he should. Sheamus cashes in against heel Christian in impressive fashion and becomes the new World Champion. Furthering Christians current angle and potentially turning Sheamus.

There's so many possibilities with the MITB concept, its such a great tool. I really hope they start to use some different ideas with it.

• Paid Members

Being in Chicago does add a whole lot to the excitement and anticipation. Chicago tend to be a great, loud crowd for WWE, providing a great atmosphere. Many WWE superstars have said they love working in front of a Chicago crowd. With Punk being at the centre of this angle and main event adds much more excitement and anticipation because the crowd should be white hot and it provides many more possibilities for what could go down and Punk is likely to have strong support. I love that the Go-Home Raw was in Boston and the PPV is in Chicago though with it being Cena and Punks respective home crowds. If that was intentional forward thinking booking then that's tremendous and reminds me of '97 Hart Foundation angle and just how important the locations were to the angles advancement week on week.

And just a little tid-bit...but the Austin-Hart double turn happened in front of a rabid Chicago crowd. Pieces could certainly be in place for a similar occurrence tonight.

Archived