WWE Money In The Bank 2011

Cobra1000

• Paid Members

in terms of Del Rio's heat, I really hope he doesn't get the briefcase. He has the look of a star, but he just seems to be lacking something in the ring. His match at Wrestlemania was one of the lesser ones on the card for me (if only for Edge's selling throughout the match of what I think was his arm to then raise it at the end of the match like nothing had happened and suddenyl be ok enough to bash up a car with it) but there are much better people who could win the briefcase, R-Truth I think being the main one to continue his storyline.

Shall be a great PPV however to watch

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not anal, it's pointing out the gaping holes in the logic of a rubbish idea.

It's an absolutely horrific idea. I stand by my post. It's wankery efed booking of the highest order.

In terms of booking, they have two avenues. They either first have a situation where CM Punk is actually leaving, and as such literally have to have Cena beat Punk clean, before Vince comes out and cuts a 'your contract expires at midnight, it's now 10.15 and you're fired'. It's simple, it's unimaginative but if he's leaving they have no other option. Secondly, they have a better situation where Punk has re-signed. If so, he wins the title, presumably after some botched interference from Vinnie Mac. At which point, they can have Punk disappear for a few weeks whilst they do vignettes with Cena looking for Punk in order to offer a challenge for summerslam; you know, looking around iconic Chicago landmarks, Punk's old haunts etc.

Finally, after a few weeks of leaving, its announced that Punk will appear on Raw. At the start of the show, Vinnie Mac and Cena are in the ring, with the whole Raw roster surrounding the ring. Vince or Cena cuts an impassioned plea about how Punk is holding the company hostage, and viewing figures/merchandise sales are going down the tubes whilst the network is getting jittery about giving a platform to a show without a champion. Hell, if you like ham, they could even point to the roster and claim that Punk is stealing theirs, and their childrens, future. At which point, flanked by as many actors you can hire to dress as security/police outcomes Punk in his home clothes (obv. to no music/fanfare). Punk has the WWE title on his shoulder, over which he has sprayed three x's. Punk explains that the only reason he has returned is that he left because he was never appreciated/respected by the company, but now that he's gone they're using him to keep their ridiculous bureaucracy afloat. Punk can position himself as a loose cannon, not bound by being employed by a tyrant. At which point, Vince can offer Punk a deal, that if Punk really hates the WWE and all it represents; its failure to represent professional wrestling; it's failure to acknowledge true talent like Punk and his friends then he should grant Cena a rematch at Summerslam and show the world why he's right. When Punk refuses, then Vince can say that if the WWE still doesn't have a WWE champion after summerslam he'll shut down operations on WWE Raw, the flagship show of the WWE.

Clearly, Punk accepts. And, then at Summerslam, you have the much anticipated turn by Vince and you leave Summerslam with a re-signed 'corporate' champion in CM Punk and a newly emboldened, and anti-establishment John Cena. You can even use it, if not to turn him heel, then to give him more edge as he 'no longer wants to dance to the companies rhythym'. Everyone loves an anti-hero.

You might think its dull, but its better than Colt Cabana interfering to apathy or silly dress-up games.

That's not anal, it's pointing out the gaping holes in the logic of a rubbish idea.

I can't read through that speech because it seems to be all about after MITB. I was not talking about after the PPV. My post stands - it would be great to watch. If the actual outcome doesn't have logic holes, well then smack my ass and call me a bitch.

You can't disconnect what happens at the PPV with what happens after.

Well you can, but you'd have to change your name to Vince Russo.

But, even if we want to completely ignore the problems your idea causes later, then lets look at the issues raised by Cena/Vince not noticing the overwhelming aesthetic differences between Sin Cara and CM Punk, nor the referee who accepts the cashing in, nor anyone else with sway or importance in and around ringside.

You can't disconnect what happens at the PPV with what happens after.

Well you can, but you'd have to change your name to Vince Russo.

But, even if we want to completely ignore the problems your idea causes later, then lets look at the issues raised by Cena/Vince not noticing the overwhelming aesthetic differences between Sin Cara and CM Punk, nor the referee who accepts the cashing in, nor anyone else with sway or importance in and around ringside.

Nope, still don't get it man. These aesthetic differences don't matter. If you're really concerned, then CM Punk Cara can wear a chuffin' SmackDown t-shirt. But the thing is, your points about tattoos and these other minor issues are nothing compared to the massive gaping hole that already exists in this storyline - Vince, the Raw GM, even Teddy fuckin' Long can change/edit/scrap the match if they see fit!! Remember when Mysterio lost his WrestleMania shot to Orton, then the next week Teddy Long just added him in because he felt sorry for him? Vince could make Punk/Cena whatever type of damn match he wants, like he's always done in the past. Yet we're to believe Vince will let it go on as normal, and would even sign a contract which meant Punk's face would be on the turnbuckles forever. The whole thing is already stupid BEACUSE IT'S WWE. What you're bringing up doesn't change it. I stand by my post. It would be great, and stand in line with what's already gone down.

But, it takes down the MiTB gimmick, ADR's heat and, effectively, Sin Cara's push in one night (as I assume he wouldn't then go straight into a feud with Punk for the title) all for the sake of the shock of Punk, who aside from tattoos is twice as built and about half a foot taller, being dressed as SC to win the title.

Would it not be easier to just have Vince botch his interference, Punk wins the title and then have the ability to still push the quasi-face routine of Punk because it was Vince's desire to micromanage everything (and failure to let go of control) that ultimately cost Cena the title. The situation arose because he refused to acknowledge someone who didn't fit his desired mould, the situation escalated when he suspended Punk for speaking his mind when that's when Vince pretends to admire and then the title was lost because Vince refused to hand control over to Cena in the match.

This event has three outcomes in my opinion:

- The first is that WWE destroys everything created in the last week by having Cena defeat Punk. Leading to Punk leaving legit and the character nor him being mentioned again.

- Punk wins the title, either stays or "leaves" WWE with an on-going storyline that has been seen which has potential for development.

- Punk wins the title to only lose it seconds after to the RAW MITB winner who becomes the new "hero" of WWE for ridding the WWE Universe of Punk etc.

My idea assuming Punk stays at least for a while longer.

Miz wins Raw MITB, Punk beats Cena only for Miz to come out teasing a cash but he instead smashs Cena with the case and leaves without cashing in.

Following night on Raw Miz reveals that he didn't cash in because he wanted rid of Cena no matter what and Punk later holds Vince to ransom saying that he will resign if he follows through with his threat to fire Cena.

No idea what could come next other then some sort of SummerSlam blow off.

They'd need to address why punk is staying, before he can threaten to resign.

If he is staying, with my earlier idea vince can put raw on the line BUT if Punk loses he must sign his life away, i.e. A long term contract.

• Paid Members

Just realised: Remember when Vince randomly threw out the line "What does CM stand for anyway". Well, I put my thinking cap on whilst reading the "For Fucks Sake Why Isnt It The Attitude Era Anymore?" thread and came out with this:

Corporate Ministry Punk. Vince will turn on Cena, bring back Undertaker (who will then wrestle Vince's dufus son in law), tell Dennis Knight to close the burger van down and drag Big Daddy V off those All Japan tours and you've got yourself another BOOM Period.~

Archived