WWE Money In The Bank 2011

Cobra1000

• Paid Members
- Punk wins the title to only lose it seconds after to the RAW MITB winner who becomes the new "hero" of WWE for ridding the WWE Universe of Punk etc.

Or, they'll be booed like fuck because it's Chicago, where (currently pseudo-face anyway) Punk will be adored as a hometown boy, especially considering it's not particularly a Cena city anyway - remembering WM22 which Punk mentioned on Raw - and the pop his win will illicit will be huge. The bloke that comes out and tonks Chicago Made Punk with the briefcase will become the antichrist right there.

I'm still hanging my hat on Del Rio, for Del Rio vs Cena at SummerSlam. Where they can go back to pretending everybody loves Cena like he's Hogan reincarnated.

Yes, I know Hogan isn't dead yet, but he might as well be.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

You know, the bastard in me wants to see Cena pin Punk clean 1-2-3. Just to see Chicago and the internet go mental.

Of course, I hope it doesn't happen. But it will be amusing if it does. I have little faith in WWE creating proper stars these days.

• Paid Members

It wasn't so long ago that there was talk of the WWE unifing the world titles. They have Punk win, walk away and there you have one title (And Punk takes that godawful belt with him), then you have one world title, with a feud automatically built in for when Punk eventually returns to the WWE.

It's either that or Punk wins and then the RAW MitB winner cashes in & takes the title back, Del Rio being the best pick as has been mentioned whoever beats Punk will be ultra villan. If they want to move in and make a top heel without too much effort have Del Rio take the title before Punk leaves.

• Paid Members
It wasn't so long ago that there was talk of the WWE unifing the world titles. They have Punk win, walk away and there you have one title (And Punk takes that godawful belt with him), then you have one world title, with a feud automatically built in for when Punk eventually returns to the WWE.

It's either that or Punk wins and then the RAW MitB winner cashes in & takes the title back, Del Rio being the best pick as has been mentioned whoever beats Punk will be ultra villan. If they want to move in and make a top heel without too much effort have Del Rio take the title before Punk leaves.

Whoever beats Punk won't be though, as he's a bad guy.

If Punk loses clean but is leaving, the internet have no grounds for kicking off. It makes perfect sense.

It would make perfect sense if they hadn't done this huge build towards the match. But they have and because of that a clean win for Cena would be ridiculous.

The big build makes sense even if he is leaving, because they're capitalising on a real life situation. In the past, this has proven to be effective, when done right.

The only reason we think a clean win is ridiculous is because we're not used to this sort of treatment if someone is leaving, nor this level of creative freedom so we've conditioned ourselves to think something special is going to happen. It might not. It might be a case of building him up, to slap him back down and continue the Cena wheel spinning.

Whoever beats Punk won't be though, as he's a bad guy.

The PPV is being held in CM Punk's hometown of Chicago, and he's against John Cena. He will most likely be a super-face unless they make him do something before the match to rip into fans. Which still might not work. So if, say, Del Rio cashed in on Punk at the end of the night, he will be an ultra villain. The next night he then carries that on by saying he rid the WWE Universe of CM Punk, saved the WWE Title and demands a thank you from Cena for saving his ass too, thereby starting their feud. I assume you didn't know where the PPV is being held, otherwise you wouldn't have posted those 11 words.

The PPV is being held in CM Punk's hometown of Chicago, and he's against John Cena. He will most likely be a super-face unless they make him do something before the match to rip into fans. Which still might not work. So if, say, Del Rio cashed in on Punk at the end of the night, he will be an ultra villain. The next night he then carries that on by saying he rid the WWE Universe of CM Punk, saved the WWE Title and demands a thank you from Cena for saving his ass too, thereby starting their feud. I assume you didn't know where the PPV is being held, otherwise you wouldn't have posted those 11 words.

Plus let's not forget that whomever it is will likely be heaped with praise by Vince McMahon the next night, should that happen.

Cena is really selling this match as a huge thing on his Twitter. I don't no if that worries me or excites me.

I saw that too, ''Regardless, for or against, people will talk about what happens tomorrow for years''

Just a shill to make us watch the PPV tomorrow, or is something big going to happen? Cena's said this sort of thing before though,and a not a lot has happened. We'll see.

Archived