WWE Money In The Bank 2011

Cobra1000

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Chicago?

The kids will chant it, the kids will love that ending, hell im not dissing it, as a kid myself i'd of been going mental for that ending, i'd love it. Thats what the product does nowadays, I still get enjoyment from it, but I realise it doesnt cater to me, at least not the main stuff.

I hope im wrong, of course. We'll see.

• Paid Members
I've ordered Sky Sports just to see this weeks RAW, the PPV and the aftermath. I love that I have no idea at all what the outcome will be.

From the build-up and potential, this show deserves to get a good buyrate.

As this is free on Sky Sports, does anyone know how they'd calculate a buyrate from it for international figures? Or are the non-Wrestlemania buys usually just domestic?

UK viewing won't be included in the buyrate, because there'll be no buys. That's one of the reasons the domestic only buyrate is better for making direct comparisons from show to show.

First WWE PPV I'm going to watch since Mania, streaming it though. Punk has seriously caught my attention with his recent work. Lost in his great promos though is any showing that Punk is a physical threat to Cena, WWE perhaps relying too heavily on fan's memories of Punk pinning Cena on Raw a couple of months ago.

I've thought about the ending a lot. Okay, not that much. But there's only one possible outcome I can see for the main event...

Cena and Punk batter each other. Cena does his superman ending and makes Punk tap out. Punk leaves in disgust, the fans are also disgusted. Vince comes down to the ring and says Cena may have won but that was too much of a scare. Vince will makes Cena's life a living hell like he did with everyone before. He calls out Raws' MITB winner, who enters and quickly gets AA'd by Cena and pinned. SmackDown's MITB winner - Sin Cara - slides into the ring from the crowd and batters Cena with his briefcase. Vince makes the referee count and Sin Cara wins the WWE Title. Sin Cara quickly heads up the ramp and removes his mask to reveal himself as...CM Punk! The crowd go wild, Vince is distraught, Cena is knocked out, everybody lives happily ever after.

And they mess up the storyline the next night on Raw.

I've thought about the ending a lot. Okay, not that much. But there's only one possible outcome I can see for the main event...

Cena and Punk batter each other. Cena does his superman ending and makes Punk tap out. Punk leaves in disgust, the fans are also disgusted. Vince comes down to the ring and says Cena may have won but that was too much of a scare. Vince will makes Cena's life a living hell like he did with everyone before. He calls out Raws' MITB winner, who enters and quickly gets AA'd by Cena and pinned. SmackDown's MITB winner - Sin Cara - slides into the ring from the crowd and batters Cena with his briefcase. Vince makes the referee count and Sin Cara wins the WWE Title. Sin Cara quickly heads up the ramp and removes his mask to reveal himself as...CM Punk! The crowd go wild, Vince is distraught, Cena is knocked out, everybody lives happily ever after.

So punks tattoos wouldn't give him away?

Russo?

I think the best end to the PPV would be a straight up win for Punk. No MITB cash in, no interference from the names rumoured to have been signed and no swerve turns. The repercussions for the match itself are enough to lend drama to all the near falls, sequences and counters. This is a match that doesn't need interference.

Just Punk winning and leaving and walking up the stage with Vince's horrified expression would be enough to cast a big wave and have us all speculating and looking forward to the next happenings in the saga on Raw and online.

So punks tattoos wouldn't give him away?

You would only really see the stomach tattoo - some might see it but most would notice immediately it wasn't really him anyway. The main point is the whole thing happens so fast it doesn't matter. To Vince and Cena it's all just a blur.

Oliver - I agree there shouldn't be much interference but if it all went down that simply Vince - a genius - would look like an utter fool. People like him plan for possible disasters and to just let Punk win the match and walk away with no attempt to stop that either during or after the match is pretty silly.

What about his enormous chest tattoo, and shoulders..?!

It's a horrible idea. Virtually all internet booking ideas are, it's not your fault.

I explained above - it doesn't matter if the fans notice. It all happens too quick for Vince and Cena to notice. It's a great idea Darren. Compared to getting Colt Cabana to join in with proceedings.

• Paid Members

Could easily adapt it in some way for that to make sense, have 'Cara' wear his T-Shirt out to the ring when he hits him. Would draw out the situation for much longer if he took that off at the top of the ramp before the mask.

Only problem then is Punk being about 5 inches taller than Cara's billed height, I guess if he ran to the ring, hit him with the briefcase then pinned and rolled out it wouldn't be as noticeable

It's an absolutely horrific idea.

Have you seen his tattoos lately, he's absolutely covered across his shoulders and his chest. For Vince and Cena to not notice he'd have to wallop them both from behind, hope that the referee that validates his cashing in just doesn't notice his complete lack of aesthetic similarities to Sin Cara and then hope that no one notices that the contract holds literally no weight if it's not Sin Cara who cashes it in. And, even for wrestlings flimsy hold on logic, that'd be too far.

I can't say this sincerely enough, it's the worst fantasy booking idea i've ever heard.

*EDIT* Oh, as a sidenote, killing off both MITB gimmicks in one night, as well as flushing ADR's heat down the pan are the icing on top of an already pretty unedifying cake.

It's an absolutely horrific idea.

Have you seen his tattoos lately, he's absolutely covered across his shoulders and his chest. For Vince and Cena to not notice he'd have to wallop them both from behind, hope that the referee that validates his cashing in just doesn't notice his complete lack of aesthetic similarities to Sin Cara and then hope that no one notices that the contract holds literally no weight if it's not Sin Cara who cashes it in. And, even for wrestlings flimsy hold on logic, that'd be too far.

I can't say this sincerely enough, it's the worst fantasy booking idea i've ever heard.

The UKFF never fails to amuse me in its' anal qualities. It's WWE. We've had Undertaker v Fake Undertaker, Kane v Fake Kane, Al Snow v a mannequin, and many wrestlers dressing up as other people when its' obvious they aren't who they are meant to be. The referees don't even have names for god sake so what does their opinion matter?! I stand by my post. It's a great idea - you even pointed out how it could be done - and you'll all moan about it when it happens and if so I hope you stop watching this ridiculous WWE programming.

Archived