WWE Money In The Bank 2011

Cobra1000

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course not, but there;s such a thing as overhyping too.

Not that im saying this is, who knows, something amazing could be planned. He has to put that tweet I agree, sells the PPV better, just I end up reading far too much into things and get too excited only be dissapointed! :laugh:

There might be such a thing as overhyping, but if it helps people to watch the PPV, then why does it matter? He'd be within his rights to say "it's going to be the greatest PPV of all time" if he thinks it's going to help.

John Cena is doing his best to try and sell a PPV, much like CM Punk was apparently doing on Colt Cabana's podcast thing. They've captured people's imagination and are trying to capitalise.

• Paid Members
Well he's hardly going to turned around and tweet "oh, don't bother watching tomorrow, there's no way Punk will be leaving with the title. I'll win like always" ..

Obviously.

But since i have been following him i have never seen him hype it up like this...

Incase you guys forgot. MITB is tomorrow night. It will be the best ppv of the year. Nuff said.

The lines are drawn for sunday, as they always are, but this time seems more emotional. As long as there are those who will fight with me..

I will continue to give you everything I have. Regardless, for or against, people will talk about what happens tomorrow for years.

• Paid Members

I was looking forward to SummerSlam 2010 more than this, though, if I'm honest. I hope we dont have the same ending. I cant look past anything other than a Cena win. All the internet, all the smarks and all the Cena haters will watching because they've been worked into this CM Punk shoot style angle. For that reason alone, I cant see past a Cena win. I expect a RVD vs Cena like atmosphere in the building, but with Cena coming out on top. I cant see him losing that belt until WrestleMania if i'm honest. The best thing would be for CM Punk to win the belt, but I cant see it happening.

• Paid Members

Not for me. If Punk is legit leaving, Cena should win because it would be daft putting someone over for the belt on the way out. I'd prefer Punk to win, to further the storyline and give Cena something to do until he really gets his teeth into the Rock program, but if Cena wins, I wont be tearing my hair out. I think it would be a shame if they do the type of ending that normally happened when Wade Barrett tried to beat Cena.

What would you guys class as 'WWE fucked it up'? Im guessing it would be any method of a Cena win right?

Depends if Punk is leaving or not. If Punk is leaving and not got a contract to come back within 3 months, Cena going over is fine.

My personal favourite ending would be Punk pinning Cena, followed by Vince ordering both MitB winners to come down who lose also, at least one anyway, he could beat one and then escape through the crowd or something.

So your final shot of the PPV is Vince, Cena and the two MitB winners in the ring looking stunned as Punk has just left the company with the belt.

On RAW I then like Bryan Alvarez's idea which is the WWE pretend none of this happened. Cena still has the belt, the two MitB winners have their cases and they show footage from a previous Cena vs Punk match where Cena beat him and pretend it was from the PPV.

This then gives Punk a reason to come back some where down the line as the WWE has basically deleted what he did out of their history.

Yeah it's not that Cena wins, it's the manner in which he wins that bothers a lot of people. Personally I think it'd be hilarious in Chicago, if Punk beat the fuck out of Cena for half hour and then Cena won with the STF. Just to see the reaction of the fans, and on here. It wouldnt do anything for the storylines etc of course, but it'd be bloody funny.

If that did happen, i could envisage the crowd getting a bit nasty.

• Paid Members
On RAW I then like Bryan Alvarez's idea which is the WWE pretend none of this happened. Cena still has the belt, the two MitB winners have their cases and they show footage from a previous Cena vs Punk match where Cena beat him and pretend it was from the PPV.

My god, he really said that? Thats rotten! That devalues the belt, the top babyface and basically takes the piss out of the people watching the show. I cant believe even Alvarez would say something as crap as that. Cena looks like a massive pussy for going along with it and walking about with a belt he doesnt deserve, the two Money in the Bank winners look like a pair of dickheads because they've just went 20 minutes smacking each other in the face with ladders to win a shot at the title, but still arent smart enough to win the belt at the end of the night, thus making them look like shit. So now you have three top wrestlers who look terrible, wrestling over a belt none of them should have and the top draw in the business is lying to the audience at home, most of which hasnt watched the PPV the night before anyway. That pretty much turns Cena heel because he is pretending he won a match he didnt. What a horrible idea. I cant believe anyone would ever suggest any of this happen.

It's annoying because they've somewhat booked themselves into a corner I think. They've pushed Punk to the moon in recent times, and it's going to be so frustrating to see Cena go over him, but I honestly can't see another outcome.

My god, he really said that? Thats rotten! That devalues the belt, the top babyface and basically takes the piss out of the people watching the show. I cant believe even Alvarez would say something as crap as that. Cena looks like a massive pussy for going along with it and walking about with a belt he doesnt deserve, the two Money in the Bank winners look like a pair of dickheads because they've just went 20 minutes smacking each other in the face with ladders to win a shot at the title, but still arent smart enough to win the belt at the end of the night, thus making them look like shit. So now you have three top wrestlers who look terrible, wrestling over a belt none of them should have and the top draw in the business is lying to the audience at home, most of which hasnt watched the PPV the night before anyway. That pretty much turns Cena heel because he is pretending he won a match he didnt. What a horrible idea. I cant believe anyone would ever suggest any of this happen.

I disagree. You can have Cena be obviously unhappy that he is having to go along with this sham, but he has to do it so he doesn't get fired. You have two MitB winners who have just gone through a huge ladder match and would be selling their injuries and in no condition to compete. But Vince is making them go out their and challenge Punk. You could have Del Rio pushed off the ladder after he has one the match for example and he basically has to crawl out to the ring to challenge Punk. Then the other win is Cody Rhodes who you would expect to lose to Punk. There are so many ways you can do it so no-one looks too weak.

Obviously Punk would need to have a contract to come back soonish as you couldn't keep this going for too long.

• Paid Members
I disagree. You can have Cena be obviously unhappy that he is having to go along with this sham, but he has to do it so he doesn't get fired. You have two MitB winners who have just gone through a huge ladder match and would be selling their injuries and in no condition to compete. But Vince is making them go out their and challenge Punk. You could have Del Rio pushed off the ladder after he has one the match for example and he basically has to crawl out to the ring to challenge Punk. Then the other win is Cody Rhodes who you would expect to lose to Punk. There are so many ways you can do it so no-one looks too weak.

There is one way to not make them look weak though. Just not do it. It goes against Cena's whole character. Cena was willing to give the belt up the other week because Vince wasnt going to give Punk a fair shake. Now you expect him to pretend he has a belt he's already lost? That isnt in his nature. And again, WWE are supposed to lie to a casual television audience and give a wink to those who watched the PPV? Its confusing and it doesnt help anyone. It doesnt even help CM Punk, because the people the night after who didnt watch the PPV (a high percentage of the WWE audience) will just think he's been beat and left and thats it. I cant see any advantages in it at all.

There is one way to not make them look weak though. Just not do it. It goes against Cena's whole character. Cena was willing to give the belt up the other week because Vince wasnt going to give Punk a fair shake. Now you expect him to pretend he has a belt he's already lost? That isnt in his nature. And again, WWE are supposed to lie to a casual television audience and give a wink to those who watched the PPV? Its confusing and it doesnt help anyone. It doesnt even help CM Punk, because the people the night after who didnt watch the PPV (a high percentage of the WWE audience) will just think he's been beat and left and thats it. I cant see any advantages in it at all.

to me nothing would fuck it up more than this, it seems to lack so much logic that it should be a TNA angle

Archived