The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

Twas shaping up to be a microcosm of our season. Start reasonably well, get ahead, don't notice the obvious tactical failings in our system, referees give us nothing things fall apart and we fix them too late. Except the last one. George McCartney will always remain my hero.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Congratulations to West Ham. I would have preferred Blackpool to win, but I've nothing against the Hammers really. Ricardo Vaz Te seems a cool guy, I'm happy for him- his season has been spectacular, I think he'll do alright in the Premier League too.

I felt a little sorry for Blackpool, well all except Stephen Crainey who dived and won a foul every time he lost the ball. They had the chances to win but a combination of good goalkeeping, good defending and abysmal finishing held them to just the one.

Darlington have been relegated four divisions to the Northern League Division One on the recommendation of the Football Association.

Ouch... Really went horribly wrong for them didnt it. Guess the White Elephant of a Stadium will be sold now for redevelopment?

Danny Wilson to take a team up in the play off final?

Will have to change a habit of a lifetime to do it

Winning! :thumbsup:

Well Done to Huddersfield. Wonder if Rhodes will stay or now be poached?

Darlington have been relegated four divisions to the Northern League Division One on the recommendation of the Football Association.

Ouch... Really went horribly wrong for them didnt it. Guess the White Elephant of a Stadium will be sold now for redevelopment?

That was always going to turn out tragic from the start. I was up in Darlington when it was being built without proper and complete planning permission, Reynolds is and always was just a crook in business and in life. Its the best thing for them now though, I dont know if theyre playing at Feethams again or a completely different ground? Either way they should go the way of Chester and start to slowly build their way back up.

Archived