The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

Sheffield United are the first team through to the League One playoff final. Despite my reputation as a grudge bearer, I have a soft spot for the Blades eventhough they sued us.

Danny Wilson to take a team up in the play off final?Will have to change a habit of a lifetime to do it

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Those Sheff U/Stevenage games were both pretty awful. The first one was the worst game I've seen all season. The second one was better in the second half but still rubbish. Still, United won't care as long as they are through. Can't see them beating Huddersfield at Wembley if I'm honest. They look very short up front as you'd expect. Stevenage lacked any ambition in both games. Very impressed with Luke Freeman again though. Joined Arsenal as a kid from Gillingham, moved onto Stevenage permanently this season. He's got plenty about him, good feet, good finisher, great work ethic. Wouldn't be disappointed if he rolled up at my club this summer.

And Rick, Kevin Blackwell? Really?

I'm going to reply "FUCK OFF" and I'm not shooting the messenger!
So who do you want from the masses of unemployed managers then?I almost fell out of my chair when I read Blackwell was being linked. Disaster zone all over really isnt he?PS Ill do the final fantasy scores when the play offs are up, as I think those points count, if not will sort shortly

• Paid Members

So who do you want from the masses of unemployed managers then?

Nick Barmby. Don't particularly want any of the others. I'd take Mad Mick at a push. I'm convinced they are leaking shit names so we don't complain when it's Phil Brown.

I almost fell out of my chair when I read Blackwell was being linked. Disaster zone all over really isnt he?

He's cheap, which seems to be the entire M.O at the moment. So depressing.

Righty, there are no points for the Play offs, so the final Standings are:-

Manager Team Name Goals Assists Pts

1 Dave Wilson saints fc 79 64 532

2 Rich Hopkins Super Buster Team Go! 70 60 491

3 Shaun Rankin UnPurrfect 69 64 448

4 Graeme Barrie Allez Ecosse 52 57 382

5 Sean Jolly KANZEN XI 40 36 323

6 Paul Beer Torquay Reserves 58 47 316

7 stuart siviter Camelot County 65 44 305

8 Thomas Kayll WWWYKI FC 41 31 299

9 Chris Griffin Murdoch's Voicemails 49 37 265

10 mikkel halvorsen FK Jersey Island 28 19 192

Well done to everyone who took part!

2nd :devil: :devil: :devil:

Nick Barmby. Don't particularly want any of the others. I'd take Mad Mick at a push. I'm convinced they are leaking shit names so we don't complain when it's Phil Brown.He's cheap, which seems to be the entire M.O at the moment. So depressing.

FFP as the reason for cheapness or are your parachute payments up and skint from that as well?Not fancied getting an unproven Scot to do your bidding, it's bound to work isnt it? :)

Archived