The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What manager doesn't say that they need stregenthing to improve or go for promotion. 92 managers a season would be getting sacked.

• Paid Members

Much to the absolute relief of most, David James isn't getting a new deal. Also leaving are Jamie McAllister (too inconsistent, getting old), Jamal Campbell-Ryce, David Clarkson (pity it didn't work out), Christian Ribeiro (Could've been great until he got hurt), Marlon Jackson (never really featured), Henry Muggeridge and Dan Ball.

Louis Carey is getting a one-year deal, and needs 21 games to surpass John Atyeo's cap record.

What manager doesn't say that they need stregenthing to improve or go for promotion. 92 managers a season would be getting sacked.

He didn't just say that though, he practically told the reporter that he wasnt allowed to sign a player in the window because money wasnt available and he was practically goading the owners and calling their bluff after they apparently promised investment and it hasnt come yet. Its still not that bad though, perhaps there has been more to it when Barmby has been asked to explain why he said what he did.

Much to the absolute relief of most, David James isn't getting a new deal. Also leaving are Jamie McAllister (too inconsistent, getting old), Jamal Campbell-Ryce, David Clarkson (pity it didn't work out), Christian Ribeiro (Could've been great until he got hurt), Marlon Jackson (never really featured), Henry Muggeridge and Dan Ball.

Louis Carey is getting a one-year deal, and needs 21 games to surpass John Atyeo's cap record.

Louis has been offered a deal, its not saying that he has signed unless I've missed it. and he hasnt played 21 games for each of the last two seasons #justsaying

Great to see most of the deadwood chucked though.

Cisse also to explore free agent options

With FFP I think we are verily knackered any ways

Suspecting frees and youth will be the way forward :(

Billy Davies is coming in, I believe. Also heard that Robert Koren is being sold to Leicester. There are no words.

Billy is a good manager in this league and can work well on a budget despite what people seem to want to believe.

• Paid Members

Louis has been offered a deal, its not saying that he has signed unless I've missed it. and he hasnt played 21 games for each of the last two seasons #justsaying

Great to see most of the deadwood chucked though.

Cisse also to explore free agent options

With FFP I think we are verily knackered any ways

Suspecting frees and youth will be the way forward :(

As it bloody should be, but it's a rapidly devaluing venture. What rep we've had for our academy has all but vanished down to the succession of bosses who didn't want to use it. It looks like the cobwebs have set in after the 6-1/2 years since GJ took the job, and I don't blame most of our prospects for seeking their fortunes elsewhere. Unless DmC takes the Brom job (I'm not ruling that rumour out at all) I hope he's sensible enough to consider that.

Billy Davies is coming in, I believe. Also heard that Robert Koren is being sold to Leicester. There are no words.

:( I was still clinging to some hope of the slight chance of getting him back at Forest under a new regime. Best manager we've had in years.

As it bloody should be, but it's a rapidly devaluing venture. What rep we've had for our academy has all but vanished down to the succession of bosses who didn't want to use it. It looks like the cobwebs have set in after the 6-1/2 years since GJ took the job, and I don't blame most of our prospects for seeking their fortunes elsewhere. Unless DmC takes the Brom job (I'm not ruling that rumour out at all) I hope he's sensible enough to consider that.

Dont get me wrong Im all for youth coming through and getting their chance and have been for some time. However, playing all youth (and the not so young youth Edwards/Bryan etc) who havent been developed because they havent played because the managers would rather loan in or buy dross means we are at a distinct disadvantage. As such other players have masses of experience on them means we are very very likely to struggle.

I cant see at present much past us getting relegated next season, unless we make some amazing signings or we have some really quick adapters from the youth set up, Reid, Bryan etc

As per GJ, Millen and Coppell, the rhetoric is about doing business early doors. They couldnt, so how will McInnes be different, especially with Sextoy pulling the strings?

From the sounds of it, Hull are going to be linked with every manager that can do it in the Championship using cheap lower division players. Reading tigerrick's twitter feed, he said Mick McCarthy is next to be linked with it.

• Paid Members

Dont get me wrong Im all for youth coming through and getting their chance and have been for some time. However, playing all youth (and the not so young youth Edwards/Bryan etc) who havent been developed because they havent played because the managers would rather loan in or buy dross means we are at a distinct disadvantage. As such other players have masses of experience on them means we are very very likely to struggle.

I cant see at present much past us getting relegated next season, unless we make some amazing signings or we have some really quick adapters from the youth set up, Reid, Bryan etc

As per GJ, Millen and Coppell, the rhetoric is about doing business early doors. They couldnt, so how will McInnes be different, especially with Sextoy pulling the strings?

or, indeed, without Colin. Rumour's flying about he's bailing over the debt / stadium mess, but there's obviously nothing immediate to confirm or merit that.

or, indeed, without Colin. Rumour's flying about he's bailing over the debt / stadium mess, but there's obviously nothing immediate to confirm or merit that.

There's a thread on Otib on it on Twentypence's twitter

Strange days.

Something is definitely afoot.

Archived