The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

I think that epitomises just how far removed from normality these bunch of tossers and their clingers-on are. What kind of scum would watch their own brother have sex with someone, let alone watch it when it's non-consensual? Fucking hell.Five years is nowhere near enough.

It's in with the weird gang-roasting thing they all seem to do that I mentioned earlier. I honestly don't get the appeal of inviting a group of your mates to watch/join in while you're shagging a lass. I remember the video that did the rounds in Sunderland a few years back of five no-marks from our 15-point relegation team, with one wanking off in the background and another doing MOTD style commentary while he filmed it. It just seemed really surreal, bizarre and homo-erotic, and then you remembered that the lass in the video was 16, and then you get to the de-humanising aspect of it. Even though most of the 'roasting' cases involving footballers haven't come to court, legal or not it's a fucking horrible, demeaning practice that's never going to result in people with healthy, balanced attitudes to sex and women's rights.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that epitomises just how far removed from normality these bunch of tossers and their clingers-on are. What kind of scum would watch their own brother have sex with someone, let alone watch it when it's non-consensual? Fucking hell.Five years is nowhere near enough.

I fucking love you, Frankie.In reply to ddddddddddddddddaz, yeah it is really shit, but Frankie sent me a lovely message on Twitter.I fucking love you, Frankie.

In fairness, we deserve it.We're a shoddily managed football team with a hastily promoted manager, there for his ability to say yes, and a team full of either inexperienced kids or inadequate senior players. Not finishing bottom is, in itself, an achievement as I maintain that we've got the worst squad in the league.I'll be living in London next year, so i'll just forget Coventry ever existed if I have to. I'll sign up to be on the waiting list to get on the waiting list to get on another waiting list to get season tickets to Chelsea. Or Arsenal. Or Tottenham..... :( If only it was that simple.Also, off the top of my head, the following players will probably leave the club this summer;Joe Murphy; Jordan Clarke; Cyrus Christie; Richard Keogh; Martin Cranie; Nathan Cameron; Richard Wood; Sammy Clingan; Conor Thomas; Gael Bigirimana; James McPake; Roy O'Donovan; Cody McDonald;.Add that to Hreidarrson's contract coming to an end, and Nimely/Norwood going back to their parent clubs, we could be in real trouble. Especially when you consider that the owners have said that they are unwilling to provide new capital in 2012/2013, and no new buyer on the horizon. If we are even around to be relegated from League 1 it may be cause for celebration.

• Paid Members

Did anything happen at the end of the Coventry game? On Soccer Saturday, when the full-time whistle blew, they were following some guy running out the crowd towards the dugout area, then they swiftly cut away.

I don't know where Coventry go from here to be frank. They're in a ground they don't own and paying extortionate rent which isn't sustainable in the Championship, let alone League 1. Most of the team will leave. they have to be favourites for a double relegation.

Coventry have been a side I've never really liked, along with Luton and Southampton. They were the sides who were built to scrap and stay in the First Division for years until eventually they all got what had been coming to them for years. However, and I may be wrong, I honestly don't think Cov would be so far out of it if they'd still been at Highfield Road. Was the lease up on the land or something? The Ricoh has been a disaster, the club was never built for a stadium of that size. It's just so avoidable. I can only see administration and probably a fans takeover but it still doesn't solve the problem of where this club can play and be a sustainable company.

Lease was fine.

The Ricoh was essentially the act of a desperate gambler going all in, despite not having the greatest hand. It was part of a 'three pronged strategy' that we, rather embarrassingly, called 'OPERATION PREMIERSHIP'.

Hilariously, the club issued a grovelling apology after the game saying the club would undergo a review where nothing was sacred. They said that whilst fans have questioned not just the ownership but the performance of the manager, Andy Thorn's role would just be part of a wider, robust structural review of the club. Literally half an hour later the club issued a statement saying Andy Thorn had been asked to continue in his role next year.

I don't mind Andy Thorn, but that's hilarious.

• Paid Members

d-d-d-dAz I do have sympathy for you, I'm not much of a football supporter (it's easier to criticize when you have no bias) but Hereford is seemingly one game away from going down to the Conference and that's not a good thing for the club at all.

I've always kind of liked Coventry, these days only because I got 2 concussions and a roundhouse kick to the face in the past 10 years off your 3rd/4th choice keeper who's from around here.

I do hope they manage to get things sorted for next season and get back up into the Championship. I won't be about to see Hereford play in the Conference, instead I'll be watching Bath City play in the South. Ah well, at least it'll be cheap tickets.

• Paid Members
I still can't believe with that squad, Norwich will be a Premiership club next season. Lambert must have sold his soul to the devil.

We're all surprised I think, but it's also a testament to the hard work and effort they've put in all season (yesterday aside). I think because basically the whole squad were from the lower leagues they all went in with something to prove. Also I think many of them were a touch underrated, which has also helped because there as never really any pressure on us to set the world on fire. While Swansea took on the role on media darlings, we quietly went about our business.

We'll need to seriously strengthen next year if I don't want to be a regular in this thread come 2013/14, but Lambert has been superb for us and I think our good work will kick on again next term.

Archived