The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Paid Members

One more goal, City. One more goal and we'd have finished it. But one more win will still do.

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 points out of 15 in games any other top 8 side would've won. It's a really thin line between somewhere and nowhere.

For me, the team that must be kicking themselves are Derby. They lost Robinson and Davies mid-season when they were flying. Without them, they looked relegation fodder but with them, they'd likely be in sixth. I was thinking back to the optimism of the start of the season. Burnley seemed to think they were one player away from doing something and there was a lot of hype around them when they signed Danny Ings from Bournemouth but their home form wasn't good enough.

Looking back, my optimism was completely misplaced. As much as I'm sad Southampton won't win it, I did say back in October that as soon as Reading start consistently scoring goals, they'd rocket up the table and, at the end of the day, they did what we couldn't. We put the stomp down on a few teams, which has made our goal difference look good, but otherwise it's all come down to the defence. We need to stop conceding when we surrender the initiative. If we can do that, we might be a promotion contender again next year, I can't see us winning the playoffs.

One more goal, City. One more goal and we'd have finished it. But one more win will still do.

Aye, nearly there.

Cant say I agree with the eulogising of Delboy over on the usual place though

Last Season with Millen in charge, mirrors this one almost exactly, with the boys doing just enough to stay in the league. That was enough to get Millen crucified in many quarters, especially when the team were pure shite for large parts of the season. Same thing happens with McInnes, and we have been worse then Millen's team in large chunks of the season, and he is the new messiah??? I dont get it.

Aye, nearly there.

Cant say I agree with the eulogising of Delboy over on the usual place though

Last Season with Millen in charge, mirrors this one almost exactly, with the boys doing just enough to stay in the league. That was enough to get Millen crucified in many quarters, especially when the team were pure shite for large parts of the season. Same thing happens with McInnes, and we have been worse then Millen's team in large chunks of the season, and he is the new messiah??? I dont get it.

And this year you guys look like staying up because we (justifiably) were reducted 10 points.

I kinda wish we were relegated already, theres no way Bristol are going to pick up 1 point out of 6 and we win both our games. The glimmer of hope is there though but will only lead to disappointment.

Ched Evans found guilty of rape. Bizarrely though, Clayton McDonald was found not guilty, even though he was having sex with the same girl in the same room. :confused: Bloody modern footballers. Alan Cork wouldn't have done this shit.

Nightclubs, WAG culture, and the frankly bizarre fashion among footballers for 'roasting' have a lot to answer for. As with the Bramble case(s), it amazes me, because (especially given the Rooney/Crouch examples) how hard can it be for a semi-famous footballer earning thousands of pounds a week to get consensual sex with a decent looking lass who is at least somewhat conscious?

• Paid Members

Apparently the girls saying she remembers nothing but going on the evidence it seems that she consented to sex with McDonald then Evans just showed up and took a go when she was nearly passed out. It's definitely a strange case, considering the alleged victim has no recollection of the events. Convicting Evans seems about right though considering his strange behavior but surely if he's a rapist McDonald must be guilty of something aswell as he stood and watched Evans have sex with her after alerting him to her availability.

• Paid Members

As with the Bramble case(s), it amazes me, because (especially given the Rooney/Crouch examples) how hard can it be for a semi-famous footballer earning thousands of pounds a week to get consensual sex with a decent looking lass who is at least somewhat conscious?

I think this is what makes it so disgusting. Evans could've pulled that girl any day of the week but he wanted her right then in that position because he's a hideous human being who has fuck all respect for other people.

As with the Bramble case(s), it amazes me, because (especially given the Rooney/Crouch examples) how hard can it be for a semi-famous footballer earning thousands of pounds a week to get consensual sex with a decent looking lass who is at least somewhat conscious?

I think this is what makes it so disgusting. Evans could've pulled that girl any day of the week but he wanted her right then in that position because he's a hideous human being who has fuck all respect for other people.
Could he? Hes hardly David Beckham, I doubt many girls in that or the Sheffield area would have any idea that he was a footballer.

Could he? Hes hardly David Beckham, I doubt many girls in that or the Sheffield area would have any idea that he was a footballer.
Tbh I doubt your average WAG would have been able to pick her fella out of a lineup before she saw him hoying money about in the VIP area of some cheesy local meat market. Evans may be a shit lower league footballer, but he's still a bloke in his twenties who'll be fucking minted compared to the majority of lads his age and most likely have a fuckload of hangers on to inform any nearby Barbies of exactly what he does for a living.

• Awards Moderator

I think that epitomises just how far removed from normality these bunch of tossers and their clingers-on are. What kind of scum would watch their own brother have sex with someone, let alone watch it when it's non-consensual? Fucking hell.Five years is nowhere near enough.

Archived