(Very) Early WrestleMania 28 plans

Doog

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Like Ian mentioned earlier...it makes no sense to have a match at Summerslam, being Wrestlemania and the streak is the entire crux of the story. Being at Summerslam means nothing. I'm amazed it even gets suggested.

The finish of this years match is enough of a starting point to build upon. I disagree with Shane Os opinion of what the lasting image of their match was, for me it said Undertaker only just managed to pull it out the bag. But it took every last little bit he had and following that he couldn't even walk out under his own will. And this is the Undertaker. The story has been told and sold right there. Having to take an entire year off before returning only adds to that.

Thinking about it, have the match at SummerSlam and put Trips over. Then do Trips/Taker 3 at WM with the streak genuinely at risk.

That's the road I was thinking they were going to go down. It's certainly the one that makes the most sense. Nobody really cares about the previous meetings before the Mania match so it really comes down to this fued.

I'm sold on Undertaker Vs Triple H Match 3, it's fine. Don't retire either of them though, just have both of them making 3 appearances or so from after The Royal Rumble. You then have Taker picking up the win again, and you've got Cena ready to have the big Wrestlemania dream match with him the year after to retire him. I don't know what Miz could do, but thinking long term, he needs another big win like he had this year to push him as the new No.1 guy. Perhaps then is the time to turn him face, and try giving him all the merchandise to shift. If all goes well, and Sin Cara gets used to the WWE style by then and Mysterio is still healthy, they should have Sin Cara go over in sort of a way of Mysterio passing the torch to him. Then Mysterio can take some time off and get his knee fixed, that he was supposed to do over a year ago. I'm hoping that Alberto Del Rio will hold my interest, but I'm getting bored of him coming out and doing the same promo every week. They really need to build some proper young main eventers and put them around the two belts, but everyone is so fucking vanilla.

• Paid Members
The finish of this years match is enough of a starting point to build upon. I disagree with Shane Os opinion of what the lasting image of their match was, for me it said Undertaker only just managed to pull it out the bag. But it took every last little bit he had and following that he couldn't even walk out under his own will. And this is the Undertaker. The story has been told and sold right there. Having to take an entire year off before returning only adds to that.

Exactly! Thats the whole story. Thats why it can only be Triple H vs Undertaker. Triple H admitted that he made a mistake, but said that he proved Undertaker was only a man. Triple H in the context of the match had him. If it wasnt for Undertaker pulling it out right at the end, he was done. Unlike the other contenders to the streak (well, apart from Giant Gonzalez) Triple H walked out of WrestleMania, where as Undertaker didnt. He got carried out. Triple H could easily justify in next years buildup that he has his number. He had him crawling before he snatched the victory. Unlike the other challengers, Taker didnt look to much like a winner at the end of that match. Cena vs Rock and Taker vs HHH would have me paying my money.

Cara has time to adapt to the WWE style

What part of the "WWE style" has his act suffered from not adapting to so far?

Jericho's character would be brilliant for this particular Undertaker feud. It's been made abundantly clear, especially at WM27, that Taker is slowing down and his body is breaking down. I'd have Jericho's cerebral character state that he sees through the smoke and mirrors of the Deadman, and through that smoke he sees a beaten down old man.

So the same promo he did on Smackdown in 2009 then, that led to a match and was part of a feud with Undertaker that -- by your own admission -- nobody even remembers.

They should just go with an Attitude vs PG Era Mania -

The Rock vs John Cena

Undertaker vs Alberto Del Rio

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Randy Orton

Triple H vs CM Punk

Chris Jericho vs The Miz

I dunno if they could do it though. I know they've got Rock signed, but we haven't seen Austin, Undertaker, Triple H or Jericho wrestle since the attitude era. Would they really come back to wrestling after ten years away just to invade the PG era?

Its only half time in this feud anyway. There's a big opening for it to end. And let's be honest: its going to happen. I cant see there being a chance we wont see this for the second year running.

Agreed. I just hope they don't do the "I'll retire if I can't beat you" thing again.

It has to be Triple H facing Undertaker next year and I think judging by Triple H's promo on Raw the night after and the story of the match the WWE know that it has to be Triple H and so that's what it will be.

The only person who would be a better option that Triple H would be if they somehow lured Austin back for one more match which I admit is highly unlikely. But if he does I wouldn't put him with Orton or Punk, I'd have him go up against the streak. I think most casual fans would think Austin would win actually, the drama of the match would be insane.

It has to be Triple H facing Undertaker next year and I think judging by Triple H's promo on Raw the night after and the story of the match the WWE know that it has to be Triple H and so that's what it will be.

The only person who would be a better option that Triple H would be if they somehow lured Austin back for one more match which I admit is highly unlikely. But if he does I wouldn't put him with Orton or Punk, I'd have him go up against the streak. I think most casual fans would think Austin would win actually, the drama of the match would be insane.

Stone Cold Vs The Undertaker again? I'd doubt Austin would ever want to come out of retirement out of risk of breaking his neck and ruining the next 40 or so years of his life, but if he was going to, it should be Cena or Orton to capitalize on the dream match scenario.

I hope Austin doesn't wrestle again, hes got such a good legacy and reputation behind him now.

I just cant see HHH going down 3 times at WMs to Taker, particularly two years on the bounce, what does that achieve? If its to retire him then it'll just be him trying to latch onto the affection HBK got for doing the same. Whereas there's no positive from putting HHH over yet many, many negatives.

Stone Cold Vs The Undertaker again? I'd doubt Austin would ever want to come out of retirement out of risk of breaking his neck and ruining the next 40 or so years of his life, but if he was going to, it should be Cena or Orton to capitalize on the dream match scenario.

Well Cena is tied up with Rock so he's gone. I know it's very unlikely Austin will come out of retirement but I've seen some putting him up against Punk or Orton and I think if against all odds he did want to work a match at Mania it should be against Undertaker.

I just think that for the last 3 years at least Wrestlemania has been built around the streak, at the last one it was the only match that really meant something. The titles have been devalued so it doesn't really matter if you win or lose, there's always Extreme Rules the next month. Undertaker at Wrestlemania is the big one.

The drama involved in the matches with HBK X2 and HHH was great and I think to replicate that or beat it even you need someone who is believable enough to do it. And frankly with Cena tied up the only one is Austin. I think a feud with Punk would be great, not a fan of Orton so I wouldn't be excited about seeing that, but I just think the drama and the atmosphere around an Austin/Undertaker match at Wrestlemania would be special. With it being Austin, and his first match in nearly 10 years it would be believable for him to win.

Jericho or Del Rio or Wade Barrett would just be a waste. Go with Triple H unless there's a miracle and Austin comes back for one last match.

Cara has time to adapt to the WWE style

What part of the "WWE style" has his act suffered from not adapting to so far?

Jericho's character would be brilliant for this particular Undertaker feud. It's been made abundantly clear, especially at WM27, that Taker is slowing down and his body is breaking down. I'd have Jericho's cerebral character state that he sees through the smoke and mirrors of the Deadman, and through that smoke he sees a beaten down old man.

So the same promo he did on Smackdown in 2009 then, that led to a match and was part of a feud with Undertaker that -- by your own admission -- nobody even remembers.

Cara is too quick, he tries to cram too much in- they hammered this point home on TE. There's no time to digest what he's doing, and you get a few botches occuring due to the differences in timing/execution. WWE like to slow things down so they resonate, and also Cara is used to working the right side in Mexico rather than the left in WWE/North America. WWE rings are also constructed differently to Mexico, 20X20 instead of 18X18, and the ropes are of a different tightness. You haven't seen the mistakes with Primo and Chavo Guerrero multiple times?

As for Jericho... shit, you have a good memory, I didn't recall that. :laugh: I'd wager not many others would either. I just vaguely recalled them having a couple of TV matches with dodgy endings.

• Paid Members
As for Jericho... shit, you have a good memory, I didn't recall that. :laugh: I'd wager not many others would either. I just vaguely recalled them having a couple of TV matches with dodgy endings.

I remember it and I hardly watch Smackdown. Shows the value they saw in it, if they just chucked away a match between the two on TV for free. Also Jericho pinned Undertaker for the WWE World title at Elimination Chamber in 2010, if I remember.

Thinking about it, have the match at SummerSlam and put Trips over. Then do Trips/Taker 3 at WM with the streak genuinely at risk.

I would do that but don't just put Triple H over at Summer Slam, have him destroy Taker and put him out again until Wrestlemania time.

I remember it and I hardly watch Smackdown. Shows the value they saw in it, if they just chucked away a match between the two on TV for free. Also Jericho pinned Undertaker for the WWE World title at Elimination Chamber in 2010, if I remember.

Didn't we get a Cena/Taker throwaway TV match fr no good reason a few years ago during some 'special multi-brand night' or something in around 2006? I forget how that ended too, frankly.

Lets not pretend the WWE always does what's right and doesn't waste PPV quality stuff on free TV. They gave away the First Big Show/Steve Austin match on free TV too, as well as countless other PPV quality matches.

I'm not particularly arguing for a Jericho/Taker Mania feud, but it's not really fair to say "well, they did that on TV once so no-one clearly gives a shit about them two wrestling".

Archived