(Very) Early WrestleMania 28 plans

Doog

Just seen this on Wrestlezone (I know, I know) obviously things change massively and none of this will happen, but a few very interesting matches have been discussed by the looks of it :-

fter speaking with sources I have learned the early plans as of now for next years WrestleMania 28 card.

Obviously The Rock vs John Cena and the plan is to have the WWE title be on the line in that match.

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho would also be on the card. A rematch between Triple H and The Undertaker is rumored to take place at this years SummerSlam.

Triple H would go to WrestleMania next year going up against The Miz.

Alberto Del Rio vs Randy Orton.

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio.

And the celebrity involvement that the WWE is hoping for is Big Show in a match against retired NBA star Shaq.

These plans are all subject to change between now the start of 2012 based on injuries and other factors. As of now, this is the card that the WWE is looking to have for WrestleMania 28 in Miami.

Interesting thing in there also is Undertaker vs. Triple H rematch planned for SummerSlam this year, i'd imagine if this does happen it'll be the main event i.e. last match, sort of match should definently close a show that isnt WrestleMania.

Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho would be fantastic I reckon, for Jericho's promos at least, don't remember them ever having a proper feud.

Triple H vs. Miz would be good.

Looks a really good card I think, hopefully it plays out something like this.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Surely that cant be right? Didnt Triple H say that the only thing he had left to do was beat Undertaker at WrestleMania (he even said all that about having wrestled him on other events before and Undertaker being different at Mania) and said he'd be waiting for his return? Triple H vs Taker surely has to happen at WrestleMania. Jericho vs Undertaker isnt appealing to me at all.

Surely that cant be right? Didnt Triple H say that the only thing he had left to do was beat Undertaker at WrestleMania (he even said all that about having wrestled him on other events before and Undertaker being different at Mania) and said he'd be waiting for his return? Triple H vs Taker surely has to happen at WrestleMania. Jericho vs Undertaker isnt appealing to me at all.

Aye but im sure they could get round it by Triple H saying he just wants to beat Undertaker now, so if Undertaker reappears around SummerSlam time Triple H can say he;s been waiting and wants the big rematch now.

And WWE seem serious about making SummerSlam a massive event again, it needs a blockbuster match, I can't see Cena/Del Rio having that feel if that is what they go for, so this would be a good time to have Taker/Triple H.

• Paid Members

He wants to end the streak though. He's said he's got nothing left to do but beat the streak. Its not about beating the Undertaker, because he's already beat him before. Its about beating the Undertaker at WrestleMania because "he's a different man" and all of what he said the night after WM. Without the streak on the line, I cant see the point in it. Will Undertaker be ready for SummerSlam? I wouldnt risk him. He cant have many good matches left in that body of his. He should be saved for WrestleMania. Its to important to the event.

The original article looks to me like internet wrestling journalism at its very worst. Vague reference to 'sources', and booking logic that looks like it could have been plucked right out of a Wrestlezone forum thread and a post written by a 16 year old. Also, with how things supposedly change so much in WWE on the fly, any credible 'source' would surely know that there is no credible information to give at this juncture.

Its always around this time a early card comes out. Some of it happens, most obviously doesnt, I'd be interested to see if anyone could find an archive on a website that gave the early WrestleMania 27 plans, I don;t doubt WWE might have started to think about what matches they'll have, and maybe they do have these matches on their minds, but a lot can change between now and then.

That's bold of WWE, to make Undertaker's Wrestlemania opponent a guy who isn't under WWE contract and said in interviews he's unsure if he'll re-sign. :confused: (Of course he will, but you see what I'm getting at) Honestly thought all signs pointed towards Triple H vs Undertaker at WM28, not that that's in any way appealing, for the 3rd time at Mania? Really? I'd go with Alberto Del Rio as Undertaker's Wrestlemania opponent. ADR could gloat about "retiring" Edge and promising to do the same here. It's a great opportunity to build Del Rio as a true top star, he's big enough to be viewed by the casual fan as a threat, and the match itself could be worked MMA-style given Dos Caras' background and to save Taker's body.

Triple H vs Miz at Mania I agree with entirely. Perfect match to solidify Miz as a main eventer. Unsure whether I'd have Miz win or just look really strong in defeat.

Orton needs a big name opponent for Mania, gotta go Steve Austin, Viper vs Rattlesnake would be gold. Dream match for Austin, perfect time to do it.

Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio is a no brainer. Cara has time to adapt to the WWE style- I'm actually curious as to why Mistico didn't spend time in FCW to avoid this problem, was it just due to him being HHH's pet project?

I love Show vs Shaq as a celebrity match. The only problem is that Show gets these matches a bit, in the past there was Akebono and Floyd Mayweather at WM, would like to see someone else get the media rub one time. But Show and Shaq are good buddies apparently, always hanging out backstage at WWE events as such. I think they would work together well to produce a fun spectacle.

• Paid Members
And WWE seem serious about making SummerSlam a massive event again, it needs a blockbuster match, I can't see Cena/Del Rio having that feel if that is what they go for, so this would be a good time to have Taker/Triple H.

You're exactly right, and that's a big problem.

The vast majority of the WWE's biggest names are still ones that came around before they began scripting promos, micro managing everything and essentially, stifling creativity. Everyone knows that no-one will buy anyone except Stone Cold, Cena, The Rock, Triple H, Hulk or Undertaker as a WM Main Eventer.

How long does Triple H have left? I would like to see a streak vs career match, which will see either of them leave after being beaten.

That would just be a pure repeat of the Undertaker-Shawn Michaels feud. Still better than Undertaker vs Jericho, though.

• Paid Members

Firstly that news article is bollocks. I very much doubt WWE has any matches but Cena/Rock in their heads. WWE isn't know for it's long term booking these days.

But Big Show vs. Shaq is a match I could see happening and would love to see.

Cara has time to adapt to the WWE style- I'm actually curious as to why Mistico didn't spend time in FCW to avoid this problem, was it just due to him being HHH's pet project?

It's really quite simple. When they initially signed SinCara, it made big news in the Latin-America regions and WWE milked. They then decided to debut Cara early to captalise on the PR momentum, as oppose to let him go to the farm system, where by the hype would cool down.

In my mind it was the right thing to do and in time he will get tighter in the ring.

Archived