Pro-Wrestling Eve

Just been told the details behind the split. Absolutely shocking. Not willing to burn my informants though so we'll have to wait for the excellent investigative reporters at Ringbelles to find out and make it public.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just heard the details as well. Not sure if it's accurate, as it seems a bit beyond belief, but my source is usually reliable on stuff like this. Needless to say, if the story I heard is true, a few people in this thread are going to be rethinking their opinion on the matter once it comes out.

Is this source available to members of the public at all?

No, only celebrities and police staff.

I'm only messing, anyway. I haven't got any BritWres sources, I'm not even sure who these people are apart from stories on here. Was Dann Read the one who abducted Saraya/watched her sleeping? Apologies if I've got him mixed up with someone else.

Ian's points are quite valid. Please don't emulate SBA's insanity in the Mickie James thread.

Hey, that level of insanity could NEVER be emulated!! ;)

Can I just say big thanks to asa for posting that myspace link. Id missed that fuckin' awesome gif. of Ricky Knight dancing at The Suncastle. Great stuff!

I dont really want to comment on the womans issue at present but would like to defend WAW as a company who have always been open to working with other feds and have done for years. We even started in the interfed cup years ago to try and get feds to work together. Many times we have called for a unified champ for the UK. As for the current situation its F all to do with egos, or a one off situation its a few things over the months which has caused the split. We dont wish EVE no harm and hope they continue to blossom but we have a decision to go back to running WAWW and will stand or fall by that decision.

And Asa, I think there has probs been wrongs on both sides and the link is still there however whenever I go on the link it doesn't show the statement as Saraya's FB wall is for friends only.

Can you blame her? The amount of creepy characters who stalk wrestlers via social networking sites is unreal. If it were my sister/girlfriend I'd encourage her to keep her Facebook & Twitter accounts private as well.

Just looking at the situation this is a real shame. The Knights are a very well respected family in British wrestling and their association with Eve seemed to be a great fit.

EVE to me seem to be doing everything right to build a respectable woman's wrestling company, in a scene where 9/10 promotions couldnt give a toss for woman's wrestling (except as a bit of eye candy) EVE seemed to make it stand out as being competitive and worth while viewing. I also love the idea of trying to get their champion booked on as many other shows as possible defending the title, firstly it got the girls more bookings and secondly the title was building prestige.

It will be interesting to see why this split happened.

Archived