I'm Thinking of starting virtual/e wrestling

Stealingsilver

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

These things never end well. E-feds generally descend into petty fights over wins and losses, as people take it a little too seriously. The UKFF is like Gotham City pre-Batman.

As someone who's never played an e-fed, what's the premise? Does someone act as a booker and then players submit a written role-play piece? If so, who decides the outcome? The booker again?

Basically you submit a 'roleplay' (this is essentially a promo) before your matches and the best roleplayer out of you and your opponent(s) wins the match. These things are decided by the 'booker'. Generally the booker gives up after a period because of people whinging.

As someone who's never played an e-fed, what's the premise? Does someone act as a booker and then players submit a written role-play piece? If so, who decides the outcome? The booker again?

It's been about 15 years since I last did an efed but the one that I did had a booker who put the matches together, the players could cut written promos on each other and roleplay pieces, then the booker would post the results up, normally based on how good the written pieces were

• Paid Members

It's been about 15 years since I last did an efed but the one that I did had a booker who put the matches together, the players could cut written promos on each other and roleplay pieces, then the booker would post the results up, normally based on how good the written pieces were

Sounds like a time-waster. Maybe if I were still at college :-/

God I've not done this in 10 + years, but from what I had, you had a guy who runs the fed and a couple of writers (i.e. they write the weekly shows / ppvs). The roleplaying came in two main forms: a) Stuff you send in for the weekly show (e.g. you will know in advance if you have a match, so would send in a email saying "In the match I will do this..."). b) Writing promos on the forum board. This would effectively take place outside of the shows, but allowed you to hype yourself and move stories along. The combination of these two would dictate if your upcoming match or not.

Then every week you would win / lose matches and this would dictate your progress.

As you can imagine politics run RIFE in it, especially when one of the wrestler is a show writer. Though what was quite interesting were some of the ideas that people had. Some worked really well (other were crap). One that sticks out was one fed I was in having a brand split (they didn't call it that) that predated the WWEs brand split by a good 10 years. Essentially they split the roster in half and each had a weekly show that weren't suppose to interact (though a invasion was quickly on the cards).

Would bored the shit out of me now, but as a wide eye young fan was great fun.

You could just use a game of Smackdown vs Raw - i.e. create the matches, (does create a PPV still exist?)- every wrestler is given the same amount of points i.e. 90 and can be adjusted accordingly. People cut promos...etc.. in the thread, and the best promos then gain maybe 1 extra finisher for the match, the match is simulated and highlights written down on here I guess.

• Paid Members
As you can imagine politics run RIFE in it, especially when one of the wrestler is a show writer. Though what was quite interesting were some of the ideas that people had. Some worked really well (other were crap). One that sticks out was one fed I was in having a brand split (they didn't call it that) that predated the WWEs brand split by a good 10 years. Essentially they split the roster in half and each had a weekly show that weren't suppose to interact (though a invasion was quickly on the cards).

Yeah, I can imagine. Maybe some sort of community vote, where each member could vote on their favourite role-play so it's out of the hands of the booker? But then I guess it's open to abuse if you form "real-life" cliques with the other members and then they just vote for you rather than the quality of your role-play.

Archived