I'm Thinking of starting virtual/e wrestling

Stealingsilver

• Paid Members
When I participated in an e-fed, 10 years ago now. The booker used to put characters in simulated matches by the computer on his N64 No Mercy game and that was how he decided the winner.

That may have been quite good if the matches were recorded and then posted on-line.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a great time efedding a few years ago. There were quite a few arguments about 'pushes' and whatnot, but I avoided all that by specifically playing a comedy midcard character. Didn't give a damn if I won or not. Just wrote for fun.

Had a great time efedding a few years ago. There were quite a few arguments about 'pushes' and whatnot, but I avoided all that by specifically playing a comedy midcard character. Didn't give a damn if I won or not. Just wrote for fun.

Thats the only thing that annoyed me about e-fedding.

I personally enjoyed developing my character.. I was a consistent mid-card champ, who occasionally got pushed to main event, but I wasn't "dedicated" enough to make it in the main event. (IE I wouldn't type a 1500 rebuttal for every RP that mentioned me).

I was happy with my character, and was fairly decorated.

Loved the challenge of taking on real world wrestlers too.

If one was started on here I think it could be good, if done right, think a neutral booker would be needed.

:D I could just imagine real life arguments on here boiling over into the fed. The fall out of somebody taking it too seriously would be entertaining reading, especially if somebody costs a "veteran" poster the world title because he called him a "noob" on a thread about whether The Miz should of held the belt for longer.

In addition, I've suddenly just imagined a scenario in which Neil or Tiger Rick present themselves as mega monsters in the style of Brock Lesnar, who come out and kill some body as a way to say they've been banned from the forum. Either that or pit two guys together in a "loser leaves the UKFF" deathmatch.

If one was started on here I think it could be good, if done right, think a neutral booker would be needed.

:D I could just imagine real life arguments on here boiling over into the fed. The fall out of somebody taking it too seriously would be entertaining reading, especially if somebody costs a "veteran" poster the world title because he called him a "noob" on a thread about whether The Miz should of held the belt for longer.

In addition, I've suddenly just imagined a scenario in which Neil or Tiger Rick present themselves as mega monsters in the style of Brock Lesnar, who come out and kill some body as a way to say they've been banned from the forum. Either that or pit two guys together in a "loser leaves the UKFF" deathmatch.

I nominate Flash

I nominate Flash

Meh, he'd jist come back under a mask as Mr UKFF or something.

I was reminiscing with an old friend last night about e-feds and spent about an hour trawling through the archives on the message board and looking over stuff. I was on one in an old forum that I used to visit, and this friend invited me to his e-fed which acted as a feeder where I could learn the ropes before progressing. The system we used to use was where we'd have the matches posted by the booker, and then you'd RP the actual match yourselves where the winner would be determined on the quality of roleplays.

Once we stopped caring about wins/losses and just had a bit of fun, it was good. I'd attribute that to helping my writing being what it is in some formats in terms of character developments etc. In the "senior" e-fed, higher ups starting protecting characters and it sucked the fun out of playing. I wasn't ever really fussed about wins/losses and we were all friends and would regularly chat outside of the board anyway. I remember Ben (the booker) creating a huge storyline between our two characters where he threw me out of our stable and beat me for 10 weeks straight by screwing me over, cheating and what not before it eventually culminated in a huge match that we planned out in secret before writing out to the awe of other members. Good times..

I have to say though, I love the sound of a Loser Leaves UKFF match. That's money.

• Paid Members

We have one over on TWO. We work in a slightly different way to the majority of Efeds, we have a story based system where the writers are told the angle and they write it from start to end between them. Promos, matches, the lot. Belts and suchlike are given to people who we think make most sense in the storylines, though the quality of your work is less important than being reliable.

We have fairly little in the way of arguments over winning and losing as people view it as about the story not the victory.

• Paid Members

I was in an eFed. Unfortunately I joined in its dying days. Still managed to get their hardcore title and tv title in a pretty brief period, was a perennial "nearly-man" babyface rising up against the oppressive RTC-style heel faction, then finally got their World title when one of their longest-serving veterans was packing it in. He took the title and hot-shotted it onto me about six weeks later. I bitched about not taking the title straight from the incumbent, but the BOOKAH MAN thought it made me look good to over a "retiring legend" and then build to an eventual feud with the recently dethroned. I was their champ about 14 months when they stopped writing events.

I still chat with the booker, and he's forever using my character in his new feds, but really they aren't eFeds so much as a fed he writes for the entertainment of himself and one or two of us that read it. I actually do something similar with my mates. Unfortunately I'm not very disciplined and currently am simultaneously writing my "present" as the babyface champion but also big chunks of promos and tv for a big heel turn/faction formation 8 months "in the future."

I'm 28. :(

I was in one for a bit when I was eighteen, it was a G-fed I think. I recall there being a website that had templates and absolutely loads of feds. I can't remember the name of the fed I was in, but my character was a sort of cross between Al Snow and William Regal. I didn't mind losing at all, and feuded with some of the top wrestlers (all of whom were 7 foot Tommy Dreamer rip-offs, if I remember rightly). I was made head writer of it the week before I lost internet access for about eighteen months. When I got back online, the G-fed site was no more.

Never been a part of an eFed before. Back in the day, my friends and I would dedicate hours to CAW fests on WWF Attitude and later No mercy. Intricate storylines kick around my head every now and again. I thought sharing CAW matches on XBox live would take that to the next level. Instead you get maxed out werestlers dressed as ninjas with names like xXxDa N1nja 5n1p3rxXX etc. Oh, and 99% of them seem to have Kelly Kelly's titan tron.

Anyway, I'd be eager to see how this goes! I'm ore interested in this from a "Character" perspective.

I've just rejoined a kind of e/fed but instead of being just one wrestler each writer controls a certain area (I control Japan) and you then book shows and control that area with your designated roster.

Archived