I'm Thinking of starting virtual/e wrestling

Stealingsilver

I wastede years in E-feds. I still get e-mails from people asking me to return, but fuck that noise. A tongue in cheek one, yeah. But I've not the time to read through people writing shite RP's about kidnappings and shit and people being frustrated writers instead of talking about their match.

Indeed the fun ran out for me in about 2006 when they all became overun with emos who wrote 5000 word roleplays about aganst and pain and every character seemingly became Raven. I'd contribute to a UKFF one if it came to fruition though. Think it's unlikely though as i recall mods being against it before because the last one was so unsucessful or someting.

Thank GOD I'm not the only one who left for that reason! I used to run a fed called TKO and there were a couple of guys in there who did just that. And, as one of the roleplay judges, it used to annoy me to hell. To the point I quit fedding altogether. This doesn't count competing against them; I went out to someone in an invitational tournament around that time purely on word count alone, nothing else. Their massive novellas made judges lazy and they just assumed the one with the larger word count told a better story.

It's quite hard to find a good beginner promotion these days since everywhere seems to have died. I've had a quick brush around some of my old places last month to find most of them are either closed, on hiatus or in a complete state of disrepair. There is one, however, which has always remained consistent. It's called TFWF, it's been open since the 90's and the roster is quite competitive these days.

TFWF

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took over running an efed for a couple of months, and I rewarded brevity. If you can't make your point clearly and succinctly, you're failing. I mean... It's wrestling. Sometimes you're only gonna get 2 minutes to cut a backstage promo. Sell the match and go home.

Personally I never wrote more than 1 page of A4 in Word. Plenty of space to plug the match, rile up your opponent, and throw in a pinch of character development to boot.

• Paid Members

I used ot love e-fedding but was also bothered by how serious peoples characters were. There's no fun in having an emo character, or a tough redneck. It's just writing, there are no limits so I used my imagnation to come up with utterly insane and over the top promos and scenarious. My main character was Juno Demon. He was an extremely wealthy cocaine-addicted former stuntman who's Dad was in the mafia. He had an entourage featuring his best friend Scorpion X who he mostly kept around for his drug connections, Big Shogo his gigantic mute Japanese bodyguard and to finish it off Norman my midget butler. Instead of the usual promo fare of my wrestler standing around looking cool talking about kicking ass my promos would be about whatever stupid thing I could think of, eg. learning black magic so I could shrink my opponents hand and he wouldn't be able to chokeslam me, coke fuelled rampages ending up with my wrestler shooting at his entourage with an Uzi, my wrestler attending a open night stand up show and doing nothing but talking about how much my opponent sucked ending with a fight with the bouncers, digging up my wrestlers opponents graves and feeding their corpses to my bodyguard etc. etc.

Some of it was funny and some of it was just insane bollocks but I had a ton of fun doing it. Ah, the days before work where I had time to waste.

I think my main issue is that I am looking for an Efed with a developmental territory. However I can't seem to find one.

I remember some of the more solid eFeds did have developmental promotions and affiliated feds in which to deal with roster overspill and farming, but as far as I'm aware these are a thing of the past. I think promoters are less willing to implement a system to develop talent since there's not as much reward in it these days.

Your best bet would be to start in a slightly less-established fed, preferably one in which you're capable of keeping up with the quality of roleplaying, and gradually improve your own quality of roleplaying there. Also, have a look for a community where the members will help develop your roleplaying.

I can't believe these things are still going. God, I used to love e-Feds about ten years ago, up until the point where one banned me. Apparently, they didn't think it was acceptable for me to slowly change my character into a Fred West-esque rapist, with the promo catch phrase of "no means yes" and a submission finisher that was a camel clutch in a provocative position

After being asked to leave, I fell out of love with them really. Wouldn't mind getting back into it though, which is quite worrying

Archived