Over the limit

Anyone else just not 'getting it' in the run up to this PPV?

I've not seen any match that I think "Do you know what? I'm going sit up/record it to see that!" and there seems next to no discussion on here about it. Just seems a bit dull all round really.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Miz V Cena - I Quit

match may be interesting, but only in a 'I'll watch the repeat or read the results' type way.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

For the first time in 8 years, I watched the first 4 PPVs- Elimination Chamber was Sky+'d and the others I watched live. So it has caught my interest again, but I won't stay up for this one. I'd have to book the day off work (can't work after just 2 hours sleep) and I won't stump up

• Paid Members
^ fruitcorner, fyi the ppv is on sky sports not on box office, the only reason im going to watch it

Is it? That's good news, I'll be recording that then. Make that 5 PPVs in a row for me then :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

I'm not spoiler tagging anything, it's in the thread title. If retards can't read, so be it.

I must say, I'm interested in Barratt/Jackson to see if the crowd cheers for Zeke, and Rey/Truth just because I'm interested in Truth. After Rey won his feud with Cody, it will be interesting to see how this one goes. Would be nice to see Rey actually come out of a feud beaten for once.

I'm not spoiler tagging anything, it's in the thread title. If retards can't read, so be it.

I must say, I'm interested in Barratt/Jackson to see if the crowd cheers for Zeke, and Rey/Truth just because I'm interested in Truth. After Rey won his feud with Cody, it will be interesting to see how this one goes. Would be nice to see Rey actually come out of a feud beaten for once.

Indeed, i didnt actually mind Rey winning the fued with Cody, as Cody got the big Mania win, and it made Rey look strong going to the A show.

Truth has to win this though, i think he would make a good "filler" challenger for Cena on the road to Summerslam, whilst hopefully they built Del Rio up some more and have Cena/Del Rio at Summerslam.

As is common in the aftermath of Wrestlemania, I've lost interest again as the promotion has gone back into 'coast' mode flogging the Cena/Miz and Lawler/Cole feuds to death. It's a pity they haven't been able to keep up the momentum from the start of the year, but I suppose after 2-3 months of The Rock, everything else is going to look pretty shit in comparison. The one thing I am looking forward to is the potential Christian heel turn (as a heel, his mic work will be invaluable, especially if CM Punk is going), but I don't expect that to happen at this PPV.

With it being free, I'll probably tape it and give it a look the morning after, but I doubt my interest will really pick up again until Rumble time.

It's not that I'm not interested in the product as a whole, because I really am, but the run up to this has felt a bit like a TNA PPV lead in, where they almost force themselves to mention it because they have to, not because things seem driven in that direction. I do think you get that in a post-Mania and/or post-Draft period though, because there's a lot of clean slates all of a sudden, and the insta-feuds don't really lend themselves to good PPV builds. For example, I'm more interested in what shit R-Truth is going to fuck up rather than anything currently happening at the PPV itself, but even if he's not in a match, it's likely he'll show up because they're keen on using him at the moment, so that will at least hook me into Over the Limit.

Yeah if its on Sky Sports I'll watch it no worries.

*SMACKDOWN SPOILERS*

Truth vs Rey Mysterio could be good, and it'll be interesting to see if Truth changes it up in ring as he's a heel now.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Ezekiel Jackson vs Wade Barett will be interesting, I'd like to see Big Zeke pick up the IC Title, but I don't think it'll be here. I reckon we'll see Slater and Gabriel banned from ringside only to see a new Corre member cost Zeke the title.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Cole vs Lawler couldn't give a shit, but hopefully Cole gets what for and the feud finally ends.

Miz vs Cena could be a good show, but its obviously Miz will be the one to say I Quit, but if there is a good match then its all good.

Christian vs Randy Orton will need to elaborate on the SD match and it could be a classic.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Another match announced, spoiler tags as I believe it was announced on Smackdown:

Dear fucking god, the Bella that currently has the belt will be facing Kelly Kelly. I hope this lasts a few seconds and is only an excuse for Kharma to absolutely destroy them both. Otherwise, could they book a worse match? Possibly a battle of the Bella twins, but at least you can throw in a ref confusion spot or something. Absolute tripe.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I'm gonna watch this in our local cinema (I kid you not) on the Monday morning live here in Aus! The missus will pick up the tab and I'll just much the popcorn and Coke Zero. Beats staying up late and watching on Sky back home!

Whereabouts is this?

• Moderators

I'm hoping WWE leave their Randy Savage tribute until Raw, because they'll get hauled over coals for doing a tribute to a man who died before/during a car crash on a show called Over The Limit, despite best intentions.

I'm gonna watch this in our local cinema (I kid you not) on the Monday morning live here in Aus! The missus will pick up the tab and I'll just much the popcorn and Coke Zero. Beats staying up late and watching on Sky back home!

Whereabouts is this?

He already said, Australia.

Archived