Over the limit

Can anyone else see Riley costing Miz the win Sunday ?? I can't see WWE having a clean Cena win so maybe they'll have Riley saying I quit when the refs not looking or something like that ? Then I can see Miz beating down Riley on Raw and then he can head on over to Smackdown and make s fresh start.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone else see Riley costing Miz the win Sunday ?? I can't see WWE having a clean Cena win so maybe they'll have Riley saying I quit when the refs not looking or something like that ? Then I can see Miz beating down Riley on Raw and then he can head on over to Smackdown and make s fresh start.

That's actually a really good idea. If Riley was on Raw they could have had Miz then feud with him, maybe creating another good babyface in A-Ri.

It's not that I'm not interested in the product as a whole, because I really am, but the run up to this has felt a bit like a TNA PPV lead in, where they almost force themselves to mention it because they have to, not because things seem driven in that direction. I do think you get that in a post-Mania and/or post-Draft period though, because there's a lot of clean slates all of a sudden, and the insta-feuds don't really lend themselves to good PPV builds. For example, I'm more interested in what shit R-Truth is going to fuck up rather than anything currently happening at the PPV itself, but even if he's not in a match, it's likely he'll show up because they're keen on using him at the moment, so that will at least hook me into Over the Limit.

I think the lack of a concept for the pay-per-view hurts it as well. I know people whinge about the gimmick ones, but they do compensate a bit for a lacklustre build up.

• Paid Members

A lot of the matches should be good, especially the 'I Quit' match, but the build for this show has been appalling. I'll record it and watch, but only because it's on Sky Sports and not Box Office. I quite often will buy even the B-show PPVs (like Extreme Rules), but there would be no chance I'd have payed for this.

Strangely Cara/Guerrero is one of the most appealing matches on the show for me.

Same here, I can't decide if the rest of the card is unappealing or i'm really looking forward to that, probably a little of both. It's very much one of those could go either way cards from looking on paper.

Strangely Cara/Guerrero is one of the most appealing matches on the show for me.

Same here, I can't decide if the rest of the card is unappealing or i'm really looking forward to that, probably a little of both. It's very much one of those could go either way cards from looking on paper.

Yeah, it definitely reminds me of one of those 'overwhelming on paper but ends up being a solid show' kinda PPVs. They often have them. The talent involved (mostly) is able to deliver.

I guess because it's Cara's first PPV match (I think?) and Guerrero is more than capable, it should be worth watching if they get time.

It's not that I'm not interested in the product as a whole, because I really am, but the run up to this has felt a bit like a TNA PPV lead in, where they almost force themselves to mention it because they have to, not because things seem driven in that direction. I do think you get that in a post-Mania and/or post-Draft period though, because there's a lot of clean slates all of a sudden, and the insta-feuds don't really lend themselves to good PPV builds. For example, I'm more interested in what shit R-Truth is going to fuck up rather than anything currently happening at the PPV itself, but even if he's not in a match, it's likely he'll show up because they're keen on using him at the moment, so that will at least hook me into Over the Limit.

I think the lack of a concept for the pay-per-view hurts it as well. I know people whinge about the gimmick ones, but they do compensate a bit for a lacklustre build up.

Gimmick pay-per-views are awesome. No-one used to whinge about them in 1993, when 60% of WWF PPVs were gimmicky ones.

Archived