Over the limit

-- Tonight's WWE Over The Limit pay-per-view opened with a "In Memory Of" graphic paying tribute to Randy Savage, who passed away on Friday.

CM Punk performed a Macho Man style diving elbow drop during his match against Big Show and Kane, but missed. Wade Barrett also performed a flying elbow from the second rope in his match against Ezekiel Jackson.

Savage was never mentioned by the announcers during the pay-per-view broadcast, nor did any video package air.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People seem to conflate Cena's booking and Cena's ability. He didn't book the thing, and was just carrying out orders; i.e. have the living shite kicked out of you, then win the match.

I didn't think it was that bad really, some of his selling of whether to quit was quite good. As a standalone piece of drama because it magnified the character traits of the two guys; Cena's a fucking machine that doesn't quit, Miz is an obsessive chicken shit that only looks the biz when he's got back up (not everyone needs to look nails) and Riley is a bloody dunce who keeps cocking up Miz's big plans. It was fine for what it was.

I'm fairly sure Cena's recently put his dick in Vince's corn flakes, because he took one hell of a whoopin'.

Sin Cara continues to show why he'll never make a go of himself in WWE, you just can't trust him with the live cameras switched on. Also, considering the time he's been in the company and considering who he was wrestling, he's really without excuses.

Orton/Christian was my favourite WWE match in forever. Brilliant.

*EDIT* so, yeah, surely Booker T is going to get sacked or, at least, dragged over the hot coals for his '...with limited ability and talent Cena continues to win the WWE title' line?!

Still better than WM27, but i thought it was a pretty mediocre show and didn't have a 'big time' feel to it at all.

- Christian/Orton was great, really enjoyed it and i don't particularly care about either of them.

- Rey/Truth was ok, although the ending was a bit anticlimatic. The flatliner is a much better finisher than that horrible thing he's been using where he gives himself a bossman slam.

- Poor Sin Cara, he can't seem to catch a break at all these days. It will be interesting to see what they do with him now as i have a feeling last night might have been a pretty important match for him. One thing's for sure, he's going to have to cut out much or all of the intricate/'co-operative' stuff because if Chavo can't take it, then hardly anyone else in the fed can. That might not be too bad a thing, but it does take away another attribute that would have made him unique in the WWE.

- King/Cole is what should have happened 2 months ago.

We're the lights dimmed during the Sin Cara matches to try to hide his botches? i still saw all of them. I think they need to slow down a bit with him, they seem to be rush booking him.

I turned off after the tag match and passed out. I regret not seeing the Christian/Orton match (but got it recorded) but sounds like thats all i missed out on.

What did Sin Cara botch? I was half asleep through the entire PPV and missed it.

I read he performed a "very sloppy headscissors to win the match". I fell asleep at 8 last night woke up at 3:20 to witness that crap main event. Are WWE unable to book an actual normal match in the main event now? There always seems to be some sort of shitey false finish or crappy mic work during them.

What did Sin Cara botch? I was half asleep through the entire PPV and missed it.

The rebound springboard rana which wasn't too bad as they sort of improvised it into an armdrag. But worse was the finish, which i think was meant to be his old 'La Mistica' finisher or some variation of it. It was real ugly.

It reflects badly on Sin Cara for sure, but It shouldn't be forgotten that it's stuff that requires as much from the taker as the giver. He used to effortlessly nail those type of spots in CMLL, thanks to the quality and experience of the rudos he faced there. He's also clearly struggling with the different, looser ropes as you can see whenever he hits an outside-to-inside springboard, he doesn't do it from the middle, he has to move alongside the turnbuckle where there's more tension in the ropes.

• Paid Members

Randy Orton/Christian was great. Outstanding match, possibly my favorite Orton match ever.

The rest of the PPV was pretty dull. I was glad to see Truth get the win, but I'm not a huge fan of him coming out to no music. It works for Vickie Guerrero because of the huge reaction she gets, but I'd prefer Truth come out to SOMETHING...

Nexus getting laid out backstage was intriguing, I hope that means a Skip Sheffield return/face turn is on the cards. Big Show and Kane's tag title run just strikes me as something they've done so that the two have something to keep them occupied. I'm not entirely sure who either man could have an entertaining singles feud with these days. Bar his Undertaker feud, Kane's singles feuds in recent years have decended into stupidity (Rey Mysterio and Edge in particular...)

As for Big Show, he can be fun, but they seem intent on making him either a "goofball giant" or a slobbering monster, and both characters feel a bit stale to me.

Barrett/Jackson was fine for what it was, I think Wade's really improved in ring, and he could be a fantastic top guy on Smackdown if they need him to be. I suspect the Orton/Christian feud will continue through to Summerslam (and I'm enjoying it, so I'm perfectly happy with that) but afterwards I really hope Barrett gets another chance in the main event. Jackson's not terrible in ring, but he's not particularly interesting either. That'd be fine if it wasn't the same story with his mic work. They seem desperate to find another Batista. It won't be him.

As for Lawler/Cole, I totally agree - this IS what should have happened at Wrestlemania. They prolonged and thus spoiled what had been a fun feud. I still enjoy heel Michael Cole and I hope he's revealed as the RAW GM. That said, if this happens I hope we've seen the last of Lawler/Cole.

As for Miz/Cena? I missed the Booker line, but that just sums him up as a commentator. I hope they dump him soon. I honestly think Cena turns some viewers off the product in the way he's presented at this stage. Kids do love him, but they way he's presented as an invincible superman is just getting boring. He's made to look a class above everybody else on the roster and it's just getting tedious. They're sacrificing their chance to make new stars simply to keep this one burning. He absolutely shouldn't be relegated, but heck, they need to do something else with him, and build up other guys so there's potentially some interesting match-ups ahead. I kind of want to see Truth/Cena, but other than that? To be honest, I don't really feel like I care.

The super human routine from Cena is pathetic, he just no sold a 30 minute beating, I'm done with it

cenabr2.png

I havent watched WWE since The Rock B-day bash and I doubt I will watch it again until he shows back up.

From reading the reports,podcasts and comments here, it seems like this was more like a good RAW/SD! episode, probably going to utube that Orton/Christan match as it sounds good.

Cant believe im going to say this but I find TNA or is that Impact Wrestling lol, more interesting than WWE right now, sure TNA is a train wreck with little to no good, but its that unpredictability and crash TV that I might get that entertains me, WWE to me is just stale as fuck, outside TheRock/Cena thing I dont care about anything.

I'm at a loss why they spent all that time on The Miz just to shit it down the loo in the last 2months, I feel sorry for Del Rio if he is next in line for Cena, can't see anything different happening there either.

I thought the whole thing was decent for the most part (considering it wasn't on Box Office), though Sin Cara/Chavo botched the finish, the main event was pretty cringeworthy, and the Cole/Lawler stuff was embarrassing, but not as bad as it could have been. I did enjoy it though, especially Ezekiel Jackson/Barrett as it sort of made the Intercontinental title mean something for a night. One last thing, how awful was Booker T on commentary?

One last thing, how awful was Booker T on commentary?

Really awful! I like the guy a lot and he is full of charisma but he just doesnt work as a commentator for me. They should stick him on NXT and let him rip the piss like his comedy commentating in TNA.

that main event finish was a massive piece of shit, I thought to myself after all that beat down cena is gonna become superman again, and yup, he did. Honestly, get the shit beaten out of you for 30 mins, then lock on the STF and the guy says "I quit"? PG booking for ya. I actully marked when they had the fake "I quit" because that would of been the best screw job for a long time, THAT would of been a great booking but noooo, they have to PG it up and make alex look like a clumsy fuck

Cornett face please

Archived