Over the limit

The Cena/Miz match was going well until the ending, makes the Miz look really shit when he gives a beating for half hour then screams I quit within seconds of Cena giving him a beating, I know he is a heel and that is generally the way to book heels and could see a Cena comeback coming a mile off but it all happened far more quickly.

You would of been better off having Cena give him a beat down for 10 minutes straight before making him quit, but this ended up with Cena looking super human and The Miz looking like a right pussy.

Even having something like The Miz beating up Cena so bad that he passed out and couldn't even say I quit would have been better than what happened, then surely the match would of ended as a no contest?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that main event finish was a massive piece of shit, I thought to myself after all that beat down cena is gonna become superman again, and yup, he did. Honestly, get the shit beaten out of you for 30 mins, then lock on the STF and the guy says "I quit"? PG booking for ya. I actully marked when they had the fake "I quit" because that would of been the best screw job for a long time, THAT would of been a great booking but noooo, they have to PG it up and make alex look like a clumsy fuck

Cornett face please

Except they used that exact "fake finish" as the real finish over 12 years ago at the Rock/Mankind I Quit match. It was stupid to use it at all, but it would have been pure idiotic to use it as the real finish for a second time, considering there has only been a handful of memorable I Quit matches in the WWE. It's not like finishing a Steel Cage match by someone slamming the door into the babyface's head, because there has been hundreds of that type of match.

that main event finish was a massive piece of shit, I thought to myself after all that beat down cena is gonna become superman again, and yup, he did. Honestly, get the shit beaten out of you for 30 mins, then lock on the STF and the guy says "I quit"? PG booking for ya. I actully marked when they had the fake "I quit" because that would of been the best screw job for a long time, THAT would of been a great booking but noooo, they have to PG it up and make alex look like a clumsy fuck

Cornett face please

Except they used that exact "fake finish" as the real finish over 12 years ago at the Rock/Mankind I Quit match. It was stupid to use it at all, but it would have been pure idiotic to use it as the real finish for a second time, considering there has only been a handful of memorable I Quit matches in the WWE. It's not like finishing a Steel Cage match by someone slamming the door into the babyface's head, because there has been hundreds of that type of match.

my bad, I was watching WCW around 98-99, didnt know the match ended that way

Mick Foley said on twitter i think thursday or friday that he reckons WWE would use the same finish that he and the rock did with the recorded voice. I was hoping for either a Batista return or for The Miz to threaten a child in the audience (a plant of course) and Cena to back down and quit. But the Superman ending keeps the kids buying t-shirts.

Mick Foley said on twitter i think thursday or friday that he reckons WWE would use the same finish that he and the rock did with the recorded voice. I was hoping for either a Batista return or for The Miz to threaten a child in the audience (a plant of course) and Cena to back down and quit. But the Superman ending keeps the kids buying t-shirts.

As oppose to a real one? :laugh:

Yeah... when Miz bragged about his unique way of making Cena say I quit, I thought he'd do a kidnapping of sort. There must be other ways to get a guy to quit.

I would have liked Miz go somewhere extreme like threaten a kid/old lady/Cena family member in audience. But at the same time Cena has only had the belt for a month. They can't keep throwing it around as its already lost all credibility. Even though Miz held it for about 5 months he still wasnt booked as a strong champion. My guess is that Cena will hold it till Summerslam.

In GPW there was once an "I Quit" match where a child was involved. It was Heresy challenging Joey Hayes for the British title and saw not only Hayes friend TJ Cain turn on Joey but then Cain and Heresy held Joey's brother hostage and threatened to hurt him unless Joey quit so he did. Course GPW doesn't have family friendly sponsors and a PG rating to worry about..

Thought the ppv was hit and miss but I really enjoyed the Orton/Christian match. Shame about the Sin Cara/Chavo Guerrero ending god knows what that was meant to be! Lots of filler on the card which was fair enough, opener decent. Not keen on dq's on ppv's. The first few minutes of the tag team title match were hilarious with the "Batista" chants though thats probably all I'll remember from that match.

The Cena/Miz match was going well until the ending, makes the Miz look really shit when he gives a beating for half hour then screams I quit within seconds of Cena giving him a beating, I know he is a heel and that is generally the way to book heels and could see a Cena comeback coming a mile off but it all happened far more quickly.

You would of been better off having Cena give him a beat down for 10 minutes straight before making him quit, but this ended up with Cena looking super human and The Miz looking like a right pussy.

Even having something like The Miz beating up Cena so bad that he passed out and couldn't even say I quit would have been better than what happened, then surely the match would of ended as a no contest?

This.

Cena comes away looking like Superman.

Miz looks like a total pussy.

How anyone can think this is how to effectively book either man in the long run is ridiculous.

I actually really enjoyed the PPV last night.

* The opening match reminded me of how good Mysterio can be. On TV a lot of the time I'm completely bored by him and his predictable, elaborate set-ups, but when it comes to PPV matches he's surely one of the most consistent guys on the roster. I thought this was a decent match in which, barrring one spinny elbow, R-Truth was limited to a new brawly style and the eventually put over as he should have been. And as for the no music: I'm cool with it, but they should just have him come out with the live mic rather than have him walk down to the ring in silence and then start his promo. "Shut up, little Jimmy!".

* Jackson vs. Barrett was fairly forgettable, but I do agree that Wade looks improved in the ring and that's very positive. He's always had the mic skills so a bit more finshing in the ring could be huge for him. Also, although personally I'm not sold on Jackson, I have to admit I enjoyed the weird never-ending bodyslams spot.

* Sin Cara? More like Sans Charisma! Am I right, am I right?!?! Yeah, okay, that was awful. But really... the weird thing about Sin Cara is that he's exactly what WWE have professed to hate over the years. All the indy guys WWE have dismissed as spot-monkeys over the years must be watching with slack-jawed disgust. The guys is pure "MOVEZ!", as some of you say, and that's even how they sell him. At the end of the match they flung a few mediocre highlights together, ending on and emphasising the guy's ring entrance, and Jerry Lawler says "and he did all of those moves in one match!". It told the whole story. If I was Jack Evans I would call up WWE right now, slather myself in fake tan and introduce myself as Javier Evanandez. The guy might get put on the path to super-stardom.

* I've said it before and I'll say it again: there's no-one I enjoy watching more than CM Punk at the moment. The tag title match was better than it had any right to be and it's 90% down to him. The way he pulled out of running into Big Show's punch, the Macho Man tribute, the way he shouts "tag me!" to Ryan while stuck in a bearhug a mile away from the corner - his performances are so full of wrestling nuance that I find him to be a genuine and consistent reminder of why I enjoy wrestling. Even in a predictable match no-one really cares about he's able to make it fun. The crowd was hot for him too.

* I think Christian vs. Randy was the best match I've seen in ages and I'm not really sure what else to say about it. It was just a perfect example of a sensible, well put-together wrestling match that built and built until the end. Even the post-match stuff was spot-on. I don't like Randy very much as a face and I've never really enjoyed him in the ring, but I have to admit he's actually been pretty consistent in the ring in recent months. Maybe he's just lucky to have worked with Punk and Christian, but maybe I'm short-changing him to say that.

* Cole and Lawler was odd and overlong again but hopefully it's now over. Who was shouting "arms in, Michael! Arms in!" before he was about to take the moonsault from Eve?

* I have to admit, I really enjoyed the Miz-Cena match. The outcome was predictable, I thought, and so it was just a case of enjoying the ride. I thought The Miz was good and I thought Cena's selling was actually pretty good on the whole (like daz said, he can't really be blamed for the booking). Miz's tap-out came too fast but I think by that point they were running long (?) and that probably contributed to the rushed Cena comeback too. Ehh, whatever. What did people really expect after Cena announced an I Quit match? I also enjoyed how even J.R. seemed slightly exasperated by Booker's idiocy once he joined commentary.

Missed the first two matches (Mysterio/Truth and Barrett/Jackson) but what I saw was alright.

Sin Cara and Chavo looked good at the start but I think Chavo got hurt cause it went from fast paced action to them being out of place alot. Alright match, the finish was crap and Sin Cara seemed to keep shaking his head lik he was pissed. Hate the orange and blue light thing, looks crapactular.

Punk and Ryan vs. Show and Kane wasn't as bad as I suspected, wasn't the best match but wasn't a complete write off either. Punk is always a joy to watch.

Brie vs. Kelly Kelly. Meh, typical divas match, nothing to get excited about. Couldn't believe Kelly was looking in the direction of 'twin magic' and didn't twig.

Christian vs. Orton was a top quality match, since the Edge retirement Christian has been on great form. I thought both men had an exciting match which both solidified Christian's frustration and Orton's dominance. I didn't expect Christian to win but still a gripping match.

Lawler vs. Cole, this was two months too late for anyone to care. Cole throwing Lawler around the barricades and the steps was ridiculous. The payoff was then too long winded. Fun match for what it was.

Cena vs. Miz. Miz looked good but the finish just killed him off. Has someone else said Cena's superman schtick ruine this match for me. One minute he's dead on the floor without the energy to talk, next he's on his feet throwing crap punches and running around like a five year old after drinking red bull. Poor Miz.

I thought they were going to go back to the Mick Foley/Ric Flair I Quit finish where Ric Threatened to hit Melina. I thought Miz was gunna threaten to hit a kid and Cena would give in but no. The Miz looks extremely shit just like they did for JBL and Orton.

Bar that match it was watchable, Yeah those Sin Cara lights annoy me too its like being back a decade and half ago with Kane matches

The Sin Cara lights are, indeed, annoying. What's the point in having that much darkness on the floor when some of Cara's key offense winds up out there?

The Orton/Christian match was an absolute cracker. I can't remember buying a nearfall from a Powerslam for years.

Nothing really noteworthy outside of that I reckon.

Archived