Over the limit

The super human routine from Cena is pathetic, he just no sold a 30 minute beating, I'm done with it

I'm sure you are.

that main event finish was a massive piece of shit, I thought to myself after all that beat down cena is gonna become superman again, and yup, he did. Honestly, get the shit beaten out of you for 30 mins, then lock on the STF and the guy says "I quit"? PG booking for ya. I actully marked when they had the fake "I quit" because that would of been the best screw job for a long time, THAT would of been a great booking but noooo, they have to PG it up and make alex look like a clumsy fuck

Jesus.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the show was generally quite good, better than WrestleMania and the one last month.

The main event, as everyone's noticed, was a bit rubbish. I don't mind the story it told, and some (though definitely not all) of Cena's selling during the beatdown was top notch. But Miz wasn't particularly interesting during that stretch. He was doing his monotone Jericho rip-off instead of being charismatic and fun. It felt like a retread of the more enjoyable Cena vs Orton I Quit match, except with Alex Riley playing the part of handcuffs. The bit with the children and the phone fell flat. And then I don't normally moan about the Cena comebacks, but it was pretty glaring this time because of the extent of the beatdown beforehand. Felt a bit underwhelming to me when he was just fine, then made Miz quit in about a minute. I imagine I'd have loved it as a kid, though.

Orton vs Christian was a great, great match. The crowd played a big part in making it feel like a big-time PPV match, even though it was a rematch of a free TV bout from two weeks ago, and the competitors lived up to it. Great work from both wrestlers. Christian looked completely on Orton's level there. I don't know where it goes from here, since Orton vs Sheamus has been done to death and Orton vs Henry sounds terrible.

Cole and Lawler finally did the right ending (well, Bret Hart's bit was tacked-on) but it all came a bit late to really hit the spot. Still, it was good fun. Smashing him through the Cole Mine was a highlight. I wonder if that's the last we see of MC for a bit.

Wade Barrett's good, but Zeke hasn't got much about him after you get past the muscles. The worst thing is nobody really cares about him. I expect they'll be having a rematch next month, and they've not worn out the welcome of the feud yet, but I'm looking forward to Barrett moving on to perhaps a main event feud with Christian.

Sin Cara's shit, surely beyond the point now where even most of the mongs can defend him. I suspected it a week or two in, and he's confirmed it there. He's just a flippy shitehawk, and not even a smooth one. He shouldn't be on the telly yet if that's the way he works. Put him in dark matches and on house shows for a few months. If this is the sort of wank that Triple H is bringing in, then long live Vinnie Mac.

Echoing what textonly said, the tag match was great fun. I had no hopes for it at all but it was really good. Sterling work. I don't recall much of the Mysterio vs R-Truth match except the ending.

Also, why did Mysterio wear 'Misterio' tights? ...That was weird.

Tribute to air_raid.

Bar his Undertaker feud, Kane's singles feuds in recent years have decended into stupidity (Rey Mysterio and Edge in particular...)

Yeah, it's a good thing that Undertaker feud where Paul Bearer shone the magical urn light in Taker's face never descended into stupidity.

that main event finish was a massive piece of shit, I thought to myself after all that beat down cena is gonna become superman again, and yup, he did. Honestly, get the shit beaten out of you for 30 mins, then lock on the STF and the guy says "I quit"? PG booking for ya. I actully marked when they had the fake "I quit" because that would of been the best screw job for a long time, THAT would of been a great booking but noooo, they have to PG it up and make alex look like a clumsy fuck

Cornett face please

You are a fucking retard and I hope you get hit by a bus.

keeps the kids buying t-shirts.

And you're not much better.

Orton bloody nailed the near fall off of Christians sunset flip, after the faked cross body. Perfect.

That was brilliant. Excellent continuity. The match was really just perfect. It's always a sunset flip Christian does off that corner kick though, never a cross body.

I haven't heard Regal on commentary, I bet he's good though.

Not as good as you'd think, Dill. He's also doing commentary for FCW as well as NXT now, probably to give him more time behind the mic to become a polished announcer. But he hasn't impressed me on commentary for NXT half as much as I though he would.

He tends to stumble a bit and is very soft spoken, but there's definitely potential there. Unlike Booker, who's clearly just a raving mental.

I've been wondering about Regal's voice lately. I was watching his "before they were Superstars" thing on Youtube a couple of weeks back, where he's wandering around Blackpool reminiscing. And he sounds rough as fuck. I know his wrestling accent has (almost) always been posher, but his voice on NXT sounds almost timid.

on the subject of I Quit matches, apparently ROck and Foley have been discussing theirs on Twitter today:

Rock: "In the famous 'I Quit' match, I handcuffed Mick Foley and bashed his face 14 (times) with a steel chair,He bled. I won."

Foley:"Maybe so, but two days later, I trapped The Rock under a pallet of beer kegs to win the WWE strap in an Empty Arena match a/k/a TNA house show."

That's great fun.

• Paid Members

I was actually quite surprised at the reaction Zeke got, especially with those multiple scoop slams. The guy has a great look too and can be carried to a half-decent match (as Christian and Barrett have shown) so I hope they stick with him for a bit and that he manages to brush up on his in-ring skills a bit.

Punk's Macho Elbow was awesome, should've won him the match. I still don't get why they don't just give Mason Ryan the Welsh flag design trunks. Dragons are cool as fuck.

Agreeing with Pity in regards to Sin Cara. His matches have become basically a very slowed down version of a Rey Mysterio/Tajiri/John Morrison hybrid. The finish was fucking awful and it made both him and Chavo look like total losers. I do like that Chavo has been featured a bit on TV though and I think he'd make a decent commentator on Superstars or Smackdown.

Orton/Christian tore the house down. Shocked that R-Truth won. Bret Hart can fuck off. So can Eve. That's about it.

EDIT - Oh yeah, anyone notice Orton busting out that awesome leapfrog jump again during his match against Christian? I marked.

The main event, as everyone's noticed, was a bit rubbish. I don't mind the story it told, and some (though definitely not all) of Cena's selling during the beatdown was top notch. But Miz wasn't particularly interesting during that stretch. He was doing his monotone Jericho rip-off instead of being charismatic and fun. It felt like a retread of the more enjoyable Cena vs Orton I Quit match, except with Alex Riley playing the part of handcuffs. The bit with the children and the phone fell flat. And then I don't normally moan about the Cena comebacks, but it was pretty glaring this time because of the extent of the beatdown beforehand. Felt a bit underwhelming to me when he was just fine, then made Miz quit in about a minute. I imagine I'd have loved it as a kid, though.

They definitely could've done with a couple of plants in the audience instead of those two smartarse wankers. I imagine the little fat kid grinning like an idiot and then trying to get himself over while Miz was telling him how much pain he was going to put his hero through wasn't quite the effect they were after.

Thought it was a good PPV, nothing to get too excited about though.

R-Truth vs Rey was a really good opener which showed the best of both of them and a clever little finish sequence with the apron. Barrett/Zeke was better than I thought it would be, some good, solid stuff and a DQ finish that worked. Both looked good from the match. Tag Titles was another solid affair, because Mason isn't great (his trunks are worse) i'm probably over-watching him and noticing lots of little things he does that annoy me. His 'acting' was awful throughout the night too.

Sin Cara vs Chavo was basically Sin Cara doing a load of moves. This would have been okay had they not been moves we've seen before and nothing special and had Sin Cara not become botcherific towards the end. As it was a more balanced match may have worked better. The future looks bleak at the minute for Sin Cara.

Lawler vs Cole was as a lot have said what should have happened ages ago but was still good fun and the Bret appearance was a good little surprise.

Orton vs Christian was great stuff. Just an all round good wrestling match with lots of little story bits and touches that made it great.

The general story of Miz/Cena was a good idea and would have made for a great match but for two points A) As others pointed out it was almost exactly the same idea as Orton/Cena and B) that match did it a lot better and even that wasn't perfect. If people thought the Orton match ended a little weak then that was nothing compared to this and the 'torture' went on too long with Miz not taking a hit for an eternity. I'm glad the Mankind/Rock re-hash was a swerve because I was only saying to my mate while watching the match that i'm sure they could pull off a pretty convincing version of that finish with the technology they have, but still have the audience know somethings up. Then they went and did it but even worse than the original, so i'm glad they were meant to be found out.

• Paid Members

Orton/Christian was soooo good! They did so many great little spots, I loved the missed RKO spot and it just got better from there, great, great match, Christian totally looked Orton's equal.

so, yeah, surely Booker T is going to get sacked or, at least, dragged over the hot coals for his '...with limited ability and talent Cena continues to win the WWE title' line?!

I clocked that too, what the fuck was that about?

Why the fuck was King so eager to wrestle cole after the athlete's foot thing? I wouldn't want to risk touching that, I'd be glad to have cole forfeit, he'll be wrestling Desmond Wolfe and Bob Orton in a last blood match next.

Just watched Orton vs Christian for the first time. Wow, just wow. Amazing match. Im loving Ortons slow paced matches at the moment and with the stuff his done with Christian and CM Punk I'd even say that Randy Orton is having the best year of his whole career.

at the moment and with the stuff his done with Christian and CM Punk I'd even say that Randy Orton is having the best year of his whole career.

In my opinion, I'd change that bit in bold "thanks to Christian and CM Punk". I know that it takes two to have a good match, but frankly everyone who has feuded with either Punk or Christian over the last 2 years has had their best matches in a while. Both of those two just pull great matches from everyone they work.

I usually find Orton to be very dull, his matches with Trips, Batista and others have put me to sleep, yet these last two against Christian and his Mania match with Punk were all top-notch affairs.

I absolutely agree with you, I think the point i was trying to make is with him being the number 1 face (behind cena which would obviously make him number 2 but i say number 1 as most people hate cena) he has been booked pretty well and placed against people that can carry anyonr to good/great matches. So yeah, due to who he has worked with back to back he is having a pretty good run.

• Paid Members

Last night I watched half of the show. R-Truth like all have been saying is awesome. For some reason I can't quite explain I love Big Zeke and The Corre. I just think all involved are really good or have the potential to be really good. I really enjoyed the match and the result didn't bother me. The tag match was basically carried by CM Punk and his hilarious selling. The guy is a serious step above about 95% of the roster. Sin Cara match was dull, that wackly lightning needs to go. The man is clearly not ready for PPV yet but I don't know why everyone thought Chavo would be a good opponent for him. Chavo has sucked for about 6 years and wasn't much good before then.

What a fucking dull main event. "I quit" matches are meant to be about drama and selling (on account of the mic being used). Neither were really on display. Both Miz and Cena acted like they'd rather be doing something else. At best really bad panto villain and hero. That kid was so fucking poor, he couldn't of been a plant (if he was, Vince probably had him killed), still he was only reflecting the level of intensity Miz and Cena were, that of a Traffic warden, who's just been divorced. All the match served to was to highlight both mens weakpoints. That Miz looks little league and weak and Cena still has little to no grasp of ring pyschology.

The polar opposite of Christian/Ortan

Sin Cara's shit, surely beyond the point now where even most of the mongs can defend him. I suspected it a week or two in, and he's confirmed it there. He's just a flippy shitehawk, and not even a smooth one. He shouldn't be on the telly yet if that's the way he works. Put him in dark matches and on house shows for a few months. If this is the sort of wank that Triple H is bringing in, then long live Vinnie Mac.

I don't get it... why's Mistico that shit?

Personally, I find most lucha libre to be tedious shite but Sin Cara works for me.

I don't get it... why's Mistico that shit?

Personally, I find most lucha libre to be tedious shite but Sin Cara works for me.

It is awful that Cara botched the finish of his first WWE PPV, but from what I've seen of lucha in Mexico he doesn't botch any more than most of the other guys. I've always found Lucha Libre to quite botchy to watch anyway.

Archived