Over the limit

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Sin Cara is fucking awful. He needs some more time in Florida, and plenty of it. If he doesn't I can't see him lasting a year, HHH's first project or not.

Orton vs Christian was good though. 2nd best WWE TV/PPV match of the year thus far for me.

Miz vs Cena was complete and utter BULL$H1T It was so obvious when Miz was giving Cena a proper beating what was going to happen! I'm sure everyone knew that 'Super Cena' was going to pull the win out of the bag!! Just a pity it took so long... Mind you credit where it's due he did take quite a beating, but to take THAT much punishment and then pull out the win with next to no offence is just pure crap!

Oh, do shut up you tiresome irks.

I'm not even sure he needed to sell the kendo stick, there was just genuine pain. His raising of the legs clearly wasn't selling, he was trying to avoid another. The most uncomfortable bit of the beating was when he was getting the strap and just closed his eyes and took it. I actually began to feel for him.

Glad to see others thought Orton/Christian was as good as I did. That's one of the best world title matches Orton's ever had in my eyes, and I hope it's done some good for Christian's medium-term chances of a continued role in the Smackdown main event.

The main event was what it was - it's hard to get annoyed about Cena's superman routine when he's been doing it for a good 6 or 7 years in these types of matches. You know exactly what you're going to get, and that's not going to change until he either turns heel or faces someone much more popular than him like The Rock.

The one thing that did annoy me was those kids in the Cena shirts. Not sure which one annoyed me more, the tongue-tied one or the little fat gobshite in the red shirt. Some Sheamus-esque personal abuse was warranted there - mark my words, those little twats will be on 'My Super Sweet 16' sometime in the future.

• Paid Members

So, the old Hispanic guy who's pretty much been inactive for 2 years wasn't able to magically click with the new masked guy?, shocking!. That finish was embarrassing.

Booker T being allowed to "commentate" on shows, for what?, 3 months now?, is among the worst things WWE have EVER done, no exaggeration.

Christian vs Orton was a cracker, with a wild crowd. I'd like to see Orton move onto something else now though.

Cena/Miz was just too over the top for my liking, tried to follow the same formula as the Orton match at Breaking Point a few years back, just without the excellent pacing or tension. The mobile phone false finish could have been implemented much better as well, some of the crowd didn't seem to know what was going on. I'd have had it happen like this..

Step 1. Ref takes a bump, similar to what already happened, but this time it happens closer to the false finish and he stays down during it.

Step 2. The chair shit happens on the outside, Cena's trapped in the barrier, doesn't give up etc...

Step 3. Visibly frustrated, Miz looks at the still down referee and sees an opportunity, Riley brings him the phone, and clear as day for everyone in the audience to see they just play the recording into the microphone.

Step 4. Ref awakens and rings the bell.

Step 5. Have the same aftermath, finding the phone, reversing the decision etc... as last night, except with actual heat behind it.

Decent show. Rey vs Truth was quite fun, as was the tag title match. Always goes down better when it's free.

Booker T is pretty awful as a commentator. Michael Cole runs rings round him and all Booker does is suddenly drone on about nothing and then say Shut up. I think WWE is over packed with commentators. Cole and Booker should leave for manager duties and replaced by JR/ Todd Grisham and William Regal. Also Scott Stanford should be backstage interviewer alot more. Keep Josh Matthews. I like him.

Just caught the frist two matches and they were pretty good,

R Truth is excellent in his role and WWE are obviously keen to run with it. Rey was good in the match too, but it was really R Truth's match. Good for him.

Barrett and Jackson was better than I expected, Jackson could be big but I can't help but feel WWE missed the boat with Barrett. He has a great presence in the ring and looks quality in most of his matches

Booker T is pretty awful as a commentator. Michael Cole runs rings round him and all Booker does is suddenly drone on about nothing and then say Shut up. I think WWE is over packed with commentators. Cole and Booker should leave for manager duties and replaced by JR/ Todd Grisham and William Regal. Also Scott Stanford should be backstage interviewer alot more. Keep Josh Matthews. I like him.

I haven't heard Regal on commentary, I bet he's good though. I really don't need to listen to Todd Grisham on Raw or Smackdown again, he is so boring. Also, If the rumors of CM Punk leaving are true, and they can get him to stick around but he just fancies a break from the ring, I would love for him to do color commentary again.

-- Tonight's WWE Over The Limit pay-per-view opened with a "In Memory Of" graphic paying tribute to Randy Savage, who passed away on Friday.

CM Punk performed a Macho Man style diving elbow drop during his match against Big Show and Kane, but missed. Wade Barrett also performed a flying elbow from the second rope in his match against Ezekiel Jackson.

Fair play with Punk, but Wade always does a flying elbow. In regards to the PPV, I loved Christian/Orton, and the whole Lawler/Cole thing too, that was totally what should have gone down at WrestleMania. Rey/Truth, the divas and the tag title match were all fine too, and Truth got great heat. Nice touch with his lack of entrance music.

-- Tonight's WWE Over The Limit pay-per-view opened with a "In Memory Of" graphic paying tribute to Randy Savage, who passed away on Friday.

CM Punk performed a Macho Man style diving elbow drop during his match against Big Show and Kane, but missed. Wade Barrett also performed a flying elbow from the second rope in his match against Ezekiel Jackson.

Fair play with Punk, but Wade always does a flying elbow.

Yeah, the other thing that neglects to mention (for anyone who didn't see it) is that Punk did the arms above the head Macho Man thing before his elbow drop and also had "MACHO" written on his taped wrists like he did when Misawa died.

• Moderators
I haven't heard Regal on commentary, I bet he's good though.

Not as good as you'd think, Dill. He's also doing commentary for FCW as well as NXT now, probably to give him more time behind the mic to become a polished announcer. But he hasn't impressed me on commentary for NXT half as much as I though he would.

Archived