TNA Lockdown

Loki

No thread for this PPV yet, strangely, as it's often the best PPV of the year, and it's one of TNA's PPVs outside of Orlando, which again are often really entertaining

Anyone watched it yet? D/L last night, and have heard good things about the card.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Decent show but my god that crowd killed it for me, i found it a chore to sit through because of how quiet everyone was.

Somebody mentioned it in another thread, but apparently the crowd were pretty hyped, but TNA didn't "mike them up" properly, so it sounded on the broadcast like they were silent.

Did Matt Hardy really break his arm? Fucking hell. I know people hate him on here (and I haven't thought too highly of him myself), but I honestly thought he'd improved a bit since getting to TNA. Still no main-eventer, but coming off decently as a main-event threat.

The Immortal Alliance vs. Roode's Squadron match ending with an armbar was great. I'm sure Butch'll be pleased. They're definitely going for a slow-burn mega push for Roode.

Angle/Jarrett was really good, especially the shenanigans during the last fall and, of course, Kurt's ridiculous bumping spree. RKO was sweet too.

The rest of the show was fine. The opener was classic TNA flippy fun, the multi-tag match was a clusterfuck, but Steiner was over like rover; Morgan/Hernandez was about as good as it was going to get, they've certainly had much worse matches; Mickie/Madison was perfect for what it was and the title match was nothing amazing, but Hogan showed up and Sting's new robe was fucking gorgeous. That might be the nicest wrestling robe ever.

I thought it was ok - The knockouts match really pissed me off as I felt it had a pretty good build over the last couple of months, and they basically just made Madison look shit in a squash . You could've predicted who was going over anyway, due to the head shaving stip, but even so, they could've had a decent .

The X-div match felt quite short and rushed sadly.

Jarret/Angle could've been great, and had a few decent spots. The first fall REALLY annoyed me because of how short it was, and in the deciding fall you knew what was going to happen in the end.

Pope/Joe was surprisingly not the complete shit fest I expected, unlike the Morgan/Hernandez bout. I hope the feud ends now.

I skipped the Sting/Anderson/RVD match as I have no interest in any of those three sadly.

The Lethal Lockdown was ok, again, you knew someone was gonna jump from the roof, you can see Flair blade etc etc, but as far as those kind of matches go, not too bad - Bully Ray looked in fine form (but I didn't enjoy him kendo sticking people on the head).

Best TNA ppv of 2011 so far - 6/10

• Paid Members

The PPV would have been so much better if they had the sound set up properly. As it was it featured two really good matches (Angle v Jarrett and the main event) and a suprisingly good bout in Joe v Pope.

Sting getting a huge reaction was ace. His face paint was amazing too, like scratch marks/scars on the left side of his face. He also pinned Mr. Jabroni to retain his TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Good stuff.

Christopher Daniels ruined the coolness of Fortune. The cool crew turned up in gold and black attire and he turns up in his blue and white nappy, nail paint and eye make-up. Looked odd.

Looks like they are teasing Sting v Hulk Hogan too. Wonder how they'll do it though, Sting is still injured and Hogan looked like he was struggling walking down the ramp.

Also Kurt Angle is a bloody nutter. I genuinely thought he was done after that powerbomb/hurracanrana fuck up. It was the spot that seemed to get the crowd into the show though. Still mental. Plus that moonsault spot he did last year.

• Paid Members

Although Sting is my favourite wrestler, i can not even entertain the idea of him Vs. Hogan. I:t just doenst interest me at all, and that means Hogan will be taking the TNA title (if sting is still champ by then).

You, I and TNA could do without Hogan being the TNA champion.

I swear to God, every time Kurt Angle gets in a cage, there is a spot that makes me think he has died.

That screwed up rana/powerbomb was fucking mental. It looked like Jarrett was doing a superbomb while Angle was trying for the 'rana. Ended up as nearly a neck-breaking powerbomb of death. I think Angle was genuinely very, very close to breaking his neck there and this match (yet again) indicated that Angle will more than likely either die or be properly finished in an in-ring accident. Normal, healthy, young wrestlers shouldn't be taking the risks he does.

Lethal Lockdown was fun and the Jarrett/Kurt match was crazy. Everything else was super-dull.

Ink inc are a very shit tag team. They just look like a couple of try-hards and having them win was a total waste. Steiner deserves better than a feud with Shannon Moore! The Brits are back to being jobbers, which is a shame. The Young/Jordan tag team is the second worst thing in TNA (just behind Abyss). Not funny, entertaining or over (outside of the Impact Zone who like eric, but still hate shitty Orlando Jordan).

Pope/Joe and Morgan/Hernandez feel like they've been feuding for three years so really I couldn't give a toss. Crappy stories too...

When the feud started Morgan was heel and Hernandez was face. But now because they've switched (while Hernandez was out of TNA), they have to try and sell Hernandez as a nasty bastard and Morgan as a "great bloke", despite the fact that their feud started when Morgan turned heel and tried to crush Hernandez' skull. Awkward.

Pope just shouldn't be heel (yet, anyway). He was on fire as a face last year and they've killed all momentum.

Women's match was lame, but I assume that's down to the injured shoulder. Doesn't excuse the boring, long entrances and build-up for a one minute match.

Overall - meh?

Completely forgettable, except the few times when people tried to kill themselves by jumping off stuff.

* Ha! Nearly forgot the WORLD TITLE MATCH. that say's it all really. Boring, boring boring. Felt like an Impact main event.

• Paid Members

Listening to Wrestling Observer Radio today, Meltzer said a couple of interesting things. The powerbomb/hurricanrana death spot was actually meant to be a powerbomb but Jeff Jarrett fucked up and lucky for Kurt Angle he managed to rotate so not to kill himself. Also the crowd was mic'd up fine, they were just not really into the first half of the show and only came alive when they saw WCW/WWF guys.

• Paid Members
Also the crowd was mic'd up fine, they were just not really into the first half of the show and only came alive when they saw WCW/WWF guys.

I read on the Observer write-up the other day "the crowd were poorly miked up and you couldnt hear them during the X Division match. And I thought it was odd considering Scott Steiner's reaction was massive.

Not surprised at that at all. Thats ALWAYS the case. Bound for Glory 2009 was the best case for this, when only Sting, Steiner, Angle, Foley and Kevin Nash were over with the crowd. But at least that crowd booed Styles, Abyss, Lashley, Morgan and the likes. This crowd wasnt arsed about anyone other than them. TNA usually ventures into former WCW territory, so its not unsurprising that these lads get the response they do. I doubt TNA would draw at all in these markets without former WWF/WCW talent. Most were probably only there for the chance to take photos with the stars at the fanfest. Steiners reaction was so good, you had to think it was the old WCW fanbase that turned up for it.

I hope we see these fans on the TNA Bruise Cruise.

I'm going to watch the show tomorrow night on Challenge. Well, I'll be recording it since I've got a friend coming over and she couldn't care less about wrestling. On the plus side, I'll be able to just skip through the adverts when I do watch it.

I didn't stay spoiler free since I can't see the point in trying to do so for a PPV that I won't see for a few days. It sounds like an alright show, and the sentiment that Kurt Angle will most probably kill himself or paralyse himself in the ring may well ring true (though I really hope not). It sounds like a pretty good match though, and from things I've seen on Twitter, people are hyping it as being up there with Kurt/HBK from WM21. I can't quite believe it's as good as HBK/Undertaker which I've seen thrown about by a few people, but they'll no doubt have had a brilliant match.

Archived