TNA Lockdown

Loki

I thought Lethal Lockdown was better than Angle/JJ. Not that Angle/JJ wasn't very good. It WAS the usual from them two, but I thought the main event was fantastic. The Angle Powerbomb didn't look that bad on replays. He clearly just landed on his front and not his neck. They covered it up fairly well on first shot, but it was pretty easy to see after that. Still a hell of a sick move though. Too sick? No. These two guys fucking HATE each other. They want to hurt each other badly, so it makes sense.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will they go again do you imagine...? and, if so, how do you top that?

I don't know much about TNA but what, in the way of gimmick matches, do they have in their arsenal to properly conclude that feud?

Also, as an aside, have TNA ever released an Angle comp. dvd?

It was a solid PPV. I must admit though, every match being in a steel cage does become a bit tiresome throughout the show every year. The fact that certain feuds seem to have been going on forever doesn't help that either. Not that I don't enjoy long feuds but TNA don't do a very good of keeping them interesting.

The undercard was alright. Nothing offensive. The X-Division opener was fun and did exactly what it was supposed to, the Tag Match was okay, both Joe/Pope and Morgan/Hernandez were solid and the Knockouts Title match was a fitting way for Mickie to finally win the title.

Now onto the big matches. Jarrett/Angle was good but not great. The overbooked finish with Gunner, Steiner and Karen Angle and the two botched high spots take it down a bit. That Powerbomb looked insane, Angle was really lucky that he wasn't been seriously hurt. I can't believe Jarrett won again though. God knows how long they're planning on dragging this feud out.

The Title match was fine for what it was, had some really good spots between the three but it was very short. I suppose there's only so much you can do with a three way in a Cage though considering the matches usually consist of each guy taking turns to be thrown to the outside.

Lethal Lockdown is the one TNA match that always seems to deliver what is promised. It was brutal and there were some great spots. That was by far the best match of the night. Enjoyed the way the show finished with five TNA originals in Styles, Daniels, Kazarian and Beer Money standing tall too.

Now onto the big matches. Jarrett/Angle was good but not great. The overbooked finish with Gunner, Steiner and Karen Angle and the two botched high spots take it down a bit.

I actually liked it. I usually hate that stuff, but the Gunner stuff made the Moonsault make sense and Steiner coming out got rid of him. The Karen stuff also increased the drama of the match a bit too. I think it was pretty well done.

Lethal Lockdown is the one TNA match that always seems to deliver what is promised.

I was actually dreading it because I thought the last two were mung, but this one was actually the best one yet.

I was well gutted about TNA Lockdown its meant to be one of there biggest PPV of the year yet as mentioned it was SO average.

No need for Karen Jarrett, they REALLY need to end this fued. Get rid of it and push Kurt back into main even status for the world title.

Theres already a Botchamania for Lockdown.

Also TNA have released Jay Leathal

Overall it was an ok PPV event, with most matches being pretty average at best and bore fests at worst. Only the Angel/Jarrett and Lockdown matches really stood out and lived up to expectations.

Also I wondered why they were showing the pre-show first, but without it the main show would have under run by 30 minutes.

Also TNA have released Jay Leathal

Wait, what? Lethal, Sabin, Red and Kendrick worked really hard in the opening match. Lethal has been stuck in a rut lately but he's over with the audience and can always be depended on to have an entertaining match.

Why did Velvet appear to run Sarita and Rosita away? Surely Velvet has more important things to be doing, like rescuing Angelina Love from Winter.

Archived