TNA Lockdown

Loki

Just finished watching it, enjoyed it all so that's enough for me.

Was a little disappointed the title match didn't main event, I hate the world title playing second fiddle to anything, but I guess with the event being lockdown then you can excuse this one having a non title main event.

The title match came off being sooooo low key tho which was dissaponting.

Bit anyway, enjoyed the ppv so Hooefully they'll make the belt the main focus again on this weeks iMPACT!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got a chance to watch this. I agree with the comments about it being rather disappointing.

The X-division match was as good as ever, although disappointing that they are underusing these guys so much.

The tag match, Pope v. Joe and Morgan v. Hernandez were all solid bouts but just nothing attention grabbing.

Angle v. Jarrett was a good match despite the confusion over the "ultramale rules" (notice that Tenay also completely misexplained the later Lethal Lockdown match, talking about two guys going in from each team and five minute intervals, for one of their biggest shows of the year you would have thought they would brief things a little more carefully).

The title match was a real disappointment, having built it up so much, although doing a triple threat in a cage must be hard because you cannot have a wrestler knocked down outside the ring as per the usual procedure.

Lethal Lockdown itself was solid, although am I the only one a little tired of the old trashcan and trashcan lids as weapons, they are so old fashioned - what happened to the TNA that used thumbtacks, barbed wire boards and sheets of glass (Christian Cage got powerbombed through one a few years back).

I thoroughly enjoyed the PPV, and think it pretty much pissed over anything that WWE has to offer these days, including Wrestlemania.

Kurt Angle is crazy. That match with Jarrett was top notch, and for the first time in absolutely ages I actually found myself angry that Jarrett won the match, which is what it's all about I guess.

Archived