WWE Draft Monday 25th April

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members
I think The Miz will go to Smackdown, which in turn means probably Christian or Del Rio to Raw. He gets a lot of stick on here, which I think is unfounded as I fucking love The Miz

I think you'll find he gets much more praise than stick, really. I think he's gold, and I've read plenty of posts from others who think so too, so you're in the majority, man.

What they really should do is have a legit behind-the-scenes draft with the Raw writing team and the Smackdown writing team so that each side gets as many people as possible that they actually have ideas for and want to use.

What they really should do is have a legit behind-the-scenes draft with the Raw writing team and the Smackdown writing team so that each side gets as many people as possible that they actually have ideas for and want to use.

Twice?

'tis the new forum function that fuses double posts together. Think it was put in last week.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm delighted by this news.

In an ideal world, what will happen is that SD! and Raw swap their mid-card talent and SD! gets another main eventer. People like Kingston and Swagger are boring me to tears on SD!, so why not stick them in a role where they only have a few minutes to fill for once. Kofi can be exciting for three minutes and that's all that's asked of a Raw mid-carder. Something like...

To SD!: Sheamus, Bryan, R-Truth and Orton

To Raw: Kofi, Swagger, Sin Cara and Big Show

Whatever happens, SD! needs to "win" this draft. Last year was bad enough without losing Ziggler and Edge with nothing in return.

I can't wait for the draft. Imagine the possibilities. You might get to see Alberto Del Rio, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Brodus Clay, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Vickie Guerrero, Lay Cool, Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger or Wade Barrett wrestle on Raw. In some of those cases, that hasn't happened for three whole months.

Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero are on the Raw roster.

The writing team don't get to choose who to use, according to all the ex-writers moaning on podcasts. The top brass dictate who gets TV time and creative attention.

I can't wait for the draft. Imagine the possibilities. You might get to see Alberto Del Rio, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Brodus Clay, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Vickie Guerrero, Lay Cool, Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger or Wade Barrett wrestle on Raw. In some of those cases, that hasn't happened for three whole months.

Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero are on the Raw roster.

True, but you can hardly blame anyone for missing that considering how slack wwe are at following their own brand split at times.

Is Sin Cara actually exclusive to a brand yet? I thought he wasstill bouncing around on both brands?? My money is on a stay on Raw right now as WWE really seem to be behind him, his recent tag partner onthe UK shows proves that much.

I really hope whatever happens that ẀWE actually reinforce the brand split following the draft (maybe with Raw finally getting a live GM who doesnt play nicey nice with Teddy?).. The brand split has become so diluted its a joke and i still feel if done right it has major upside. Bragging Rights for one would actually mean something if it was one of the few times the brands actually clashed.

Smackdown needs faces for sure, so i could see Orton drafted to the blue.

I could see Undertaker move to Raw as hes now working a majorly reduced schedule, sowhy not throw him on the A brand? Theres also some fresh matches with him on Raw as hes been on Smackdown pretty much forever..

If Triple H is going to be wrestling a little more due to the lack of roster depth right now, i could see him switch to Smackdown to play babyface. I assume hes backstage during Smackdown anyhow with his increased behind the scenes role.

Sheamus i think will stay wherever Triple H is. I still see this as a match down the line once Sheamus has been rebuilt a little.

Daniel Bryan to Smackdown.

Ted Dibiase to Smackdown to rebuild him, built in feud or stable with Cody as possible options over on the blue. I still see something in Dibiase lol..

I could see both the Corre and New Nexus take a hit with multiple members of each being switched around. I could see that being a quiet brush off to both also. Barrett and Punk stay put.

If it was me id keep Miz on Raw and move JoMo to Smackdownin order to keep them apart. That feud could be big money if they time it right and spend time building towards it for the future. I say hold off for at least a year or on it.

Del Rio stays put in order to save a potential Sin Cara/Del Rio feud for later.

Im sure the next round of releases will come just after the draft or just before, so im leaving a lot of names out. I could see the landscape looking a little different soon though which is a good thing. I like the idea of Smackdown still being a little light on established stars coming out of the draft as i think it would provide opportunities for a few guys to step up and a few new stars could be created.

I would have thought that the WWE would have wanted to keep it's UK market sweet and have done the WWE Draft in the UK this week. We are the WWE's best performing market outside of the USA and we will never get that live PPV we always want so this would have been a great small compensatory compromise. The WWE Draft usually means that the fans live in the arena get a chance to get a glimpse of of more WWE superstars than a normal episode of Raw so i feel as though it was a missed opportunity by WWE to keep the UK fans sweet here. We allready pay over the odds to have our cable and sky services with Sky Sports then there is WWE events on Sky Box Office which to be honest i feel in this country PPV does not work well due to people allready paying over the odds for monthly telelvision subscriptions.

• Paid Members
I would have thought that the WWE would have wanted to keep it's UK market sweet and have done the WWE Draft in the UK this week.

They don't need to. The UK fanbase is happy with two live tours a year and a couple of shit live Raws. They know they've got a fanbase who'll lap up the crumbs they throw them. Their key market is North America, history tells us that. Anyone who expects anymore is only going to be disappointed.

I would have thought that the WWE would have wanted to keep it's UK market sweet and have done the WWE Draft in the UK this week. We are the WWE's best performing market outside of the USA and we will never get that live PPV we always want so this would have been a great small compensatory compromise. The WWE Draft usually means that the fans live in the arena get a chance to get a glimpse of of more WWE superstars than a normal episode of Raw so i feel as though it was a missed opportunity by WWE to keep the UK fans sweet here. We allready pay over the odds to have our cable and sky services with Sky Sports then there is WWE events on Sky Box Office which to be honest i feel in this country PPV does not work well due to people allready paying over the odds for monthly telelvision subscriptions.

why dont we get ppv in this country a ppv at new Wembley would be awesome

• Paid Members

Heres a clue..

clock.gif

We don't get ppvs because of a giant walking clock? Does the idea displease the uber clock?

Heres a clue..

clock.gif

Thats not really a answer cos if ufc can do a ppv over here then im sure wwe can. It cant be just cos of time difference they even have nfl nhl and nba games over here. It must make them some money to do it every year surprised that wwe dont see it as money

Archived