WWE Draft Monday 25th April

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members
Thats not really a answer cos if ufc can do a ppv over here then im sure wwe can. It cant be just cos of time difference they even have nfl nhl and nba games over here. It must make them some money to do it every year surprised that wwe dont see it as money

UFC shows over here aren't PPV's in the US, they are on Spike TV.

It is to do with the time difference. To do a show that airs at WWE PPV time in the US, it would have to be live over here at 1am (like Boxing) which is a complete no-no. Otherwise, it would have to be recorded and the spoilers would be all over the internet well before air time.

It doesn't make sense for them to do it, they don't need to.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats not really a answer cos if ufc can do a ppv over here then im sure wwe can. It cant be just cos of time difference they even have nfl nhl and nba games over here. It must make them some money to do it every year surprised that wwe dont see it as money

It is to do with the time difference. To do a show that airs at WWE PPV time in the US, it would have to be live over here at 1am (like Boxing) which is a complete no-no. Otherwise, it would have to be recorded and the spoilers would be all over the internet well before air time.

The only other option would be to do it live and air it in the early afternoon in the US which would lose a lot of buys as at that time a lot of people wouldn't have time to watch it.

Suppose they could air it on tape delay all they would have to do is confiscate all the mobile phones and any other communication device as they went in and keep them locked in the arena until it had aired.

The only other option would be to do it live and air it in the early afternoon in the US which would lose a lot of buys as at that time a lot of people wouldn't have time to watch it.

Suppose they could air it on tape delay all they would have to do is confiscate all the mobile phones and any other communication device as they went in and keep them locked in the arena until it had aired.

ok cheers for that i understand now

• Paid Members
It is to do with the time difference. To do a show that airs at WWE PPV time in the US, it would have to be live over here at 1am (like Boxing) which is a complete no-no.

That can't be right: even if you go as far west as California, the US is at most 7 hours behind, and 4 hours behind on its east coast. What time's normally PPV time in the US?

why dont we get ppv in this country a ppv at new Wembley would be awesome

It's not 1992 anymore, I doubt WWE could fill half of Wembley these days never mind the whole thing.

Could WWE or TNA do PPV's over here? of course they could, WWE have done it before, but as said the fans here are happy with the live RAW's and a couple of house shows a year.

If anything it's TNA that should take a leap at doing this, their buyrates arent exactly great anyway, and news of a PPV in the UK might actually help their brand in the long run, I'm not saying it would be on Summer Slam's level but it might help some what.

As for the draft, total waste of time imo, the draft has been shit for me since SD! stopped being an equal to RAW years ago, its almost a C show to me, with Taker and Edge gone, RAW takes from SD! whenever they feel like it, thus it has diminished the whole point of the draft, WWE havent cared too much about SD!

I wouldnt be surprised if its RAW that Gatso SD! some more, with their best interest's in mind of course.

It is to do with the time difference. To do a show that airs at WWE PPV time in the US, it would have to be live over here at 1am (like Boxing) which is a complete no-no.

That can't be right: even if you go as far west as California, the US is at most 7 hours behind, and 4 hours behind on its east coast. What time's normally PPV time in the US?

About 7-8pm I think so it would have to air about midday -1pm US time would people have time to watch then?

• Paid Members
It's not 1992 anymore, I doubt WWE could fill half of Wembley these days never mind the whole thing.

Oh, I don't know about that; I think numbers are the one thing WWE wouldn't have a problem with in terms of attendance - WWE don't sell just the card of a PPV, they sell the experience of attending one, and you just know that, should they ever decide to do it, that's exactly what they'll focus on: they'll run vignettes about SummerSlam 92, with footage of the UK fans going crazy, and they'll hype up what a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity it is to be at a WWE event amongst such a massive crowd.

If anything it's TNA that should take a leap at doing this, their buyrates arent exactly great anyway, and news of a PPV in the UK might actually help their brand in the long run, I'm not saying it would be on Summer Slam's level but it might help some what.

100% agree, although the one thing I think might end up being a problem for them is that they'd probably end up having the biggest crowd attendance of any of their big events ever, making their US ones look badly small-time.

I wouldnt be surprised if its RAW that Gatso SD! some more, with their best interest's in mind of course.

At first I thought we had our first ever forum filter, and was prepared to mark out, but it seems you've simply started using it in a hilarious fashion - and it is, trust me.

• Paid Members

I think it's 8 Eastern and 5 Pacific, which is about 1am here.

Some are and some are'nt UFC 72, UFC 81 and 86 were Pay Per Views but did'nt do too well and the German shows usually are as well.

They're not though. From January to April, WrestleMania season, it's relaxed a bit, but usually after the April PPV after WrestleMania the draft goes back into affect and is generally adhered too.

I mean yeah Del Rio has been on RAW a couple of times, but he's done more of much significance on SmackDown and its well established the place to see him properly is on SmackDown.

Besides, you hardly ever see the RAW superstars on SmackDown so thats adhered to a lot more. Within the next couple of weeks the draft will start to properly take affect again.

• Paid Members

I think it's 8 Eastern and 5 Pacific, which is about 1am here.

Y'know what? I've just realised I've had it arse-about-face - I've been putting the UK behind instead of ahead. The Force is not strong in this one.

Oh, I don't know about that; I think numbers are the one thing WWE wouldn't have a problem with in terms of attendance - WWE don't sell just the card of a PPV, they sell the experience of attending one, and you just know that, should they ever decide to do it, that's exactly what they'll focus on: they'll run vignettes about SummerSlam 92, with footage of the UK fans going crazy, and they'll hype up what a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity it is to be at a WWE event amongst such a massive crowd.

Thing is I figure if WWE did a PPV over here, it would be one of the standard B rate monthly PPV's and not one of the big4, SummerSlam is really a one off, they have never done a big PPV outside the states since, also even though I'm sure Wembley would have been packed out in 92 anyway, I think a large part of it was for Davey Boy Smith, ha the Intercontinental Championship in the main event of a major PPV, seems quite silly these days dont it, not only is that belt worthless, but in terms of British stars you only have Sheamus and Wade, neither even close to what the Bulldog was.

So basically we would get another Rebellion/Insurrextion, I had alook on wiki to see the highest attendance, and it seems to be Insurrextion in the year 2000, which was 17,000 people, this was obviously during the attitude era, so you had full time Rock, TripleH, Stone Cold, Taker and all the rest, which are no longer really there.

They didnt even fill Earls court which holds 19,000 and this is with some serious big names and the height of WWE, by 2002 their number was down to 10,500.

Wembley holds 90,000 people, dont even have to do the maths here, so I just dont see it, I'm sure if it was SummerSlam you'd get maybe an extra 10,000 at the most, I think only WM could cause the effect you're talking about, theirs certainly the lure of that because you always expect something massive.

However like I say, we would just end up getting a small time PPV anyway.

At first I thought we had our first ever forum filter, and was prepared to mark out, but it seems you've simply started using it in a hilarious fashion - and it is, trust me.

LOL thats exactly what neil should do, although I'm sure it will confuse many old and new members when they type in the word rape, and it translates to Gatso, then we would have to point them in the right direction.

Thing is I figure if WWE did a PPV over here, it would be one of the standard B rate monthly PPV's and not one of the big4,

Well that's bollocks. If we're going to make the doolally, fantasy-world assumption that WWE would do a proper pay-per-view here at all in the modern day despite A) the company having no reason to do so and B) the massive potential for fucking up the buyrate good and proper...

We might as well just pretend that it's going to be WrestleMania.

100% agree, although the one thing I think might end up being a problem for them is that they'd probably end up having the biggest crowd attendance of any of their big events ever, making their US ones look badly small-time.

If they did a PPV in a different timezone it might kill there ppv buyrates for that show, so they might earn money in the house but nothing in buys especially as PPV are free in this country

Archived