WWE Draft Monday 25th April

Ron Simmons

So you jumped to the conclusion that he was a possible Fin Martin-like super-fapping, workrate mentalist. Just because he might be, and you wouldn't want to miss your chance to mock a "fapper".

Yes.

So defensive. :D

Okay..? Nice to see you've started adopting the posting style of others of your ilk. :D;):)

Don't worry. I doubt Cena reads this forum. You don't have to worry about him getting all upset.

Yeah, I doubt he reads this forum as well. Bit absurd of you to even consider it as a possibility, when the biggest wrestling name we've had so far on here is some bird that Billy Gunn shagged. I'm more worried about how your mood will suffer when you run out of ROH DVDs to tug one out over.

That was a joke mate. Quite an obvious one really.

You carry on throwing insults though. That and leaping over any chance to mock someone for having an opinion.

I haven't watched RoH since the live show in the UK years ago.

The occasional use of a smiley is hardly evidence of being a moron is it? You are getting a bit desperate for things to mock me over.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a joke mate. Quite an obvious one really.

LOL funny as Cena. Don't worry, I doubt Alberto Del Rio reads this forum. You won't have to worry about your unfunny shite dragging him down.

It's a bit stupid of you to even consider that he might really.

• Paid Members
Pithy, but an overstatement, I feel. His feuds with Stone Cold were largely serious,

The 1997 one involved them having cartoon brawls on trucks and throwing championships off bridges.

The 1999 one involved them throwing each other off bridges, holding mock funerals and hosing each other with beer.

The 2001 one involved them singing a Jimmy Buffet song together.

Rock was largely a comedy performer, as Cena is. Nigh-on all of his feuds were filled with ridiculous lines. I'm not criticising those feuds, either, I loved them. It's one thing to enjoy Rock more than Cena, but the "OGS is serious business and Cena doesn't respect it, comedy has no place in wrestling" mindset should stay in the pages of PowerSlam. Fin has a bit more credibility than the average mong as well, because he at least begrudged wrestling being fun even at the time.

I'm thinking we have different ideas of what makes a comedy performer. I'd say someone like Santino, who does comedy matches, comedy promos and comedy angles, basically is comic all the time, is a comedy performer, whereas, someone like The Rock, who does a lot of comedy outside his matches, tends to behave seriously when it comes to the matches, and for quite a few of the angles too - I'm thinking of things like The Undertaker chokeslamming him on a car, or Hogan and the nWo beating the shit out of him before smashing his ambulance with a lorry (a crap angle, but I wouldn't have called it funny), or beating the crap out of Mankind.

Also, I'd say Cena wasn't so much a comedy performer by that definition - Umaga, Batista, Lashley, Orton and Triple H are the feuds that mainly spring to mind. I know you'll agree with me when I say I didn't hear anybody laughing during the Orton and Trips feuds, in fact I think I heard a few crying.

Yeah, I doubt he reads this forum as well. Bit absurd of you to even consider it as a possibility, when the biggest wrestling name we've had so far on here is some bird that Billy Gunn shagged.

Actually, we had Earthquake on here a few years ago. True story.

I was roaring with laughter during Cena's first rap promo on Rock and amused during the second, people just hate him because he is the top face and they see more of him than anyone else. If he was a mid-card heel doing similar thing's he'd be the best thing since Tammy Sytch's poonani.

I'm thinking we have different ideas of what makes a comedy performer. I'd say someone like Santino, who does comedy matches, comedy promos and comedy angles, basically is comic all the time, is a comedy performer, whereas, someone like The Rock, who does a lot of comedy outside his matches, tends to behave seriously when it comes to the matches, and for quite a few of the angles too - I'm thinking of things like The Undertaker chokeslamming him on a car, or Hogan and the nWo beating the shit out of him before smashing his ambulance with a lorry (a crap angle, but I wouldn't have called it funny), or beating the crap out of Mankind.

Also, I'd say Cena wasn't so much a comedy performer by that definition - Umaga, Batista, Lashley, Orton and Triple H are the feuds that mainly spring to mind. I know you'll agree with me when I say I didn't hear anybody laughing during the Orton and Trips feuds, in fact I think I heard a few crying.

I agree with you there, for the most part. Tonally, Cena and Rock are very similar -- hence my original post. If Cena only does comedy feuds, so does Rock. Their feuds are/were ostensibly "serious" (compared to the likes of Santino) but their interviews have often been peppered with attempts at humour that finds varying degrees of success. I'd say it's a winning formula for the target audiences as well. There are probably young kids that think "JBL is a poopy diaper" and "fruity pebbles" are great, just like we thought "roody-poo candy ass" and "the people's strudel" were worthwhile phrases when we weren't old enough to know better.

Yeah, I doubt he reads this forum as well. Bit absurd of you to even consider it as a possibility, when the biggest wrestling name we've had so far on here is some bird that Billy Gunn shagged.

Actually, we had Earthquake on here a few years ago. True story.

Earthquake's never sucked off a King of the Ring, Pinkdiva's still tops.

• Paid Members

I agree with you there, for the most part. Tonally, Cena and Rock are very similar -- hence my original post. If Cena only does comedy feuds, so does Rock. Their feuds are/were ostensibly "serious" (compared to the likes of Santino) but their interviews have often been peppered with attempts at humour that finds varying degrees of success. I'd say it's a winning formula for the target audiences as well. There are probably young kids that think "JBL is a poopy diaper" and "fruity pebbles" are great, just like we thought "roody-poo candy ass" and "the people's strudel" were worthwhile phrases when we weren't old enough to know better.

See, I disagree about The Rock's humour and Cena. Yes, the content was equally puerile, but I think for me the main difference between Cena and The Rock was their delivery - I was 19 when I first saw The Rock cut a promo, in 1999, and I think the reason why I didn't find him childish was because he was saying it in such a way as to say: "Yes, this is childish, but I make it cool. Plus, I don't care if you like it, but we both know you do." However, Cena always came across as if he was saying: "Aren't I a funny fella? Don'tcha love it? Eh? Eh?"

But yeah, I don't think Cena's a comedy performer, and whilst I'm ambivalent about the guy, i.e. I think he's a great wrestler but find his character truly unwatchable, I'm really looking forward to this feud with The Rock. I think it could be magnificent.

Earthquake's never sucked off a King of the Ring, Pinkdiva's still tops.

Pinkdiva only sucked off a "snake", Earthquake killed one with his arse. He's tops.

See, I disagree about The Rock's humour and Cena. Yes, the content was equally puerile, but I think for me the main difference between Cena and The Rock was their delivery - I was 19 when I first saw The Rock cut a promo, in 1999, and I think the reason why I didn't find him childish was because he was saying it in such a way as to say: "Yes, this is childish, but I make it cool. Plus, I don't care if you like it, but we both know you do." However, Cena always came across as if he was saying: "Aren't I a funny fella? Don'tcha love it? Eh? Eh?"

I made the exact same point earlier on (before it turned into a bit of a pointless bitchfest between me and Pity).

Delivery is everything with comedy and The Rock was so good that Hollywood wanted him. That is the main reason why his stuff always seems better than Cena's, regardless of how good or bad the writing may be.

But yeah, I don't think Cena's a comedy performer, and whilst I'm ambivalent about the guy, i.e. I think he's a great wrestler but find his character truly unwatchable, I'm really looking forward to this feud with The Rock. I think it could be magnificent.

I'm hoping so. But they are both prone to trying their hand with absolutely awful material, and they were both pushing it a bit by the time they even got to WrestleMania this year. The one next year could be Yabba Dabba Shit, though I do have some faith it'll be great.

I'm hoping so. But they are both prone to trying their hand with absolutely awful material, and they were both pushing it a bit by the time they even got to WrestleMania this year. The one next year could be Yabba Dabba Shit, though I do have some faith it'll be great.

I just hope they have a proper fucking plan and stick to it.

There was all sorts of talk about last minute re-writes and Vince going back and forth over stuff in this year's Mania build-up. While it was fun to actually see it happen, this short feud was a bit of a mess really. They need a rock solid plan for this Mania 28 thing to come together properly.

Screwing up The Rock's Wrestlemania in-ring wrestling return would be up there with the Invasion in the "how did you manage to screw THAT up?" stakes.

• Paid Members

In fairness, I can't think of that many things they've screwed up with The Rock. Pretty much everything he's done has worked, even when it shouldn't have.

Tell you what I'm hoping for the most out of this feud, outside of the match: I wanna see a build-up video to rival that Taker/Michaels rematch chase vignette. It's one of the things I've re-watched most from WWE in recent years, along with the Legacy/DX match from Summerslam 2010.

I think perception I the big difference, the rock looks cool as fuck, and guys wanted to be like him so u laughed at hi shit jokes. Cena doesn't look cool, and comes across as someone trying to be cool, which makes him fail further

Archived