WWE Draft Monday 25th April

Ron Simmons

• Awards Moderator

WWE.com has put up a Fantasy Draft page where you can play about with the rosters. I had a go, and most of the changes I made were in favour of SmackDown.

RAW didn't really need a huge amount of help anywhere, but I sent Beth Phoenix and Michelle McCool over for the benefit of Kharma when she debuts. Other than the odd low-to-mid-card guy, I didn't do much for RAW at first on the male side of things. They only just got themselves Dolph Ziggler anyway. Jack Swagger's a possible to move.

I sent Randy Orton to SmackDown to help freshen himself up, as well as Sin Cara, Daniel Bryan, John Morrison and Zack Ryder. I was tempted to put Sheamus and Evan Bourne there as well, actually, but ended up keeping them on RAW for now - although if I did that, I would probably do an IC/US Title unification (thereby allowing the champion - be he Sheamus, Sin Cara, Wade Barrett, Kofi Kingston or Drew McIntyre - to be eligible on both shows) and send Kane and Big Show to RAW with the tag belts.

I'm not expecting things to be quite as even as this in reality...

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Keep Orton the fuck off smackdown. I know he will go there, but I hope he doesn't. Do we really need him RKOing everyone. He's not helped a single person in nearly a year. He's worse than Cena for being indestructable.

Well, people thought he'd move over next year, so maybe he won't. I wouldn't be shocked to see them leave him in place, move someone like Mason Ryan or Skip Sheffield over to Smackdown and build them up as a top face, using Christian and Rey Mysterio in the top slots up until Ryan/Sheffield is deemed ready to be the top guy.

In an ideal world I'd love to see them move Sheamus, and build HIM up as the brand's top good guy.

• Paid Members
As feuds are probably ending on Sundays PPV I see the likes of Rhodesgoing to Raw and Punk going to Smackdown.

You know, Punk could be a fantastic top babyface for the Smackdown brand, and a very similar kind of good guy to Edge. His run as an announcer showed how likable and witty he can be. On top of everything else, having a "Straight Edge" top babyface on a brand could be great from a PR point of view for a PG company. Mason Ryan could then lead the Nexus feud against Orton.

I really like the idea of a Punk/Del Rio, Punk/Christian or Punk/Miz feud.

Maybe he just really fuckin' loves Michelle McCool. Suppose someone has to.

I wanna see McIntyre and Del Rio to RAW for renewed heel pushes. And The Corre back on RAW in exchange for the New Nexus (but not Punk.) Basically, I just want all the people on SmackDown! that I like to be on RAW, and all the people who bore me on RAW to go away, and then I just won't watch SmackDown! That would be grand.

I also wanna see some of yo bitches in UKFF Chat, stat. Before watching Tough Enough alone drives me literally insane in the face, to the point where I start singing (well...typing) Dolph Ziggler's theme music to myself again.

People keep talking about Del Rio losing his heat or moving to Raw for a renewed push, but did he ever really stop getting pushed? Just because he lost to Wrestlemania to the World Heavyweight Champion (who, by the way, is on paper the most successful wrestler in WWE history) doesn't mean he got buried or stopped getting pushed.

Maybe something like this -

To Raw:

1. The Undertaker

2. Alberto Del Rio

3. Ezekiel Jackson

4. Beth Phoenix

5. Drew Mcintyre

6. Jack Swagger

7. Rey Mysterio

8. Chris Masters

9. Rosa Mendes

10. Kofi Kingston

11. Hornswoggle

12. Brodus Clay

13. Trent Barreta

14. Kane

To SmackDown!:

1. Randy Orton

2. John Morrison

3. R-Truth

4. Sheamus

5. Daniel Bryan

6. Ted DiBiase

7. Husky Harris

8. Zack Ryder

9. Eve Torres

10. Evan Bourne

11. Melina

12. Vladimir Kozlov

13. Sin Cara

14. Nikki Bella (since the Divas title is competed for on both shows)

Yeah I know, and I've argued that myself previously. But you know what I mean: its a good way to move him on from the Edge storyline without losing momentum if they don't want to put a Championship on him yet, which I don't think they should. He needs to beat a somebody for his first title, not Captain Midcarder.

I think the fact they didn't go with him winning at WrestleMania ("AGAINST ALL LOGIC!!!!!11") indicates pretty strongly they are planning on switching him and have been for a while. But we'll see!

• Paid Members

What a monumental waste of time that was. They raped Smackdown once again under the pretense of something even. What was the point in the Cena move other than to catch people's attention at the start of the show? A REALLY short term rating booster. Could they not have moved someone else to Smackdown and made all draft moves stick? Or alternatively could they not have drafted him, yet have him make regular RAW appearances because of his Rock feud? So who's the top heels on Smackdown are Jack Swagger...Wade Barrett...and Mark friggin' Henry?! They can still salvage this in the supplemental draft, and I hope they move SOME notable names to the blue brand. One - or perhaps even two - out of Sheamus, R-Truth and John Morrison could provide the brand the injection of life it desperately needs right now.

Archived