WWE Draft Monday 25th April

Ron Simmons

Triple H got traded back to Raw for the Dudleys and Booker T.

I feel they've missed out by trading Sin Cara. I liked the mystique he had with the possibility of him popping up on either show, but i suppose by making him specific to smackdown we can now see him getting involved in proper fueds.

Im quite a fan of the Big Show so im looking forward to what they might do with him on RAW.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what they might do with Orton on Smackdown?

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel they've missed out by trading Sin Cara. I liked the mystique he had with the possibility of him popping up on either show, but i suppose by making him specific to smackdown we can now see him getting involved in proper fueds.

Im quite a fan of the Big Show so im looking forward to what they might do with him on RAW.

the reason they traded sin cara was so that he can learn to work wwe style and incase he botches up again they can edit it.

i think orton will feud with wade barrett.

The Cena trade back to Raw at the end of the show made me groan. It's typical of WWE to serve up crap like that these days. Pointless, Pointless, POINTLESS!!

I thought Layla looked lovely tonight, tight shiney silver trousers with a blue belt and smackdown tshirt exposing a shoulder, mmmmmmm :love: It's a shame Michael Cole shitted over the contest and it was a roll-up victory in seconds.

Having both your U.S Champ an IC Champ losing clean on the show was disappointing. They should have had them both win, it would've still worked out as one draft pick for each brand.

The Jim Ross vs Michael Cole match was dire. Had they not learnt from Wrestlemania? Wasting 10 minutes with no contact was crap, its not like there hadn't been a confrontation between the two already in previous weeks, they were building up a suspense that wasn't even really there.

A poor show.

Oh, and Ryder wasn't even given a live draft on the show :angry:

the reason they traded sin cara was so that he can learn to work wwe style and incase he botches up again they can edit it.

i think orton will feud with wade barrett.

Hadnt thought about that yea i guess that does make sense.

I can see him havin some good matches with Barrett, Gabriel, McIntyre and Rhodes.

Good to seen an instant bromance was formed with the draft

27253196.gif

who says the draft never does anything good

Ergh, I hate it when they all suddenly start wearing their brand t shirts during drafts and when the inter brand matches come around, its so lame, WWE couldn't write something authentically if it smashed their teeth in.

Pretty concerned for Ziggler now. Top heels on Raw are the Miz, CM Punk and now Alberto Del Rio, what is Dolph gonna do?

Supplemental draft could work for Smackdown, hope Daniel Bryan, Zack Ryder and Evan Bourne go over. Thing is on Raw they showed that there are so many interesting things they could do with thier wrestlers, they just never bother. There are so many great match ups they could have with the undercard wrestlers.

The Cena thing felt wrong, they need to stop doing the big swerve against the odds thing with him. I feel like I'm being insulted as a viewing member, and I'm close to switching off, even though I like John Cena.

Anyway, Christians chances of winning the title have increased greatly, so yay :)

The show was alright for what it was. I mean, these draft shows are rushed even when they have three hours and this time, they only had two. To make the show worthwhile, they always need to rush matches and things like that. The Extreme Rules buildup did suffer because of it though.

The Cena thing was a bit pointless. I mean, he should be on RAW, he's the top guy in the company, he's building up to a match with The Rock but why do it in the first place? It created a couple of hours worth of shock value, great.

They always seem to make Smackdown weaker aswell. I didn't think it was possible they could make the show any weaker than it was already is they have. Yeah, they've got Orton now and that makes sense but they countered that by Mysterio, Big Show and Del Rio. The top heel on the show now looks to be Mark Henry. Is there really any need to have Miz, Punk, Del Rio and Sheamus, the top four heels in the company on RAW? Might do something in the supplemental draft but that is usually reserved for the lesser Superstars. Made sense to trade Sin Cara though considering his teething problems with the style so far.

The R-Truth promo was good. Felt very natural with the way he was interacted with the crowd. Makes you wonder what the point of Morrison being in the WWE Title match at Extreme Rules is though.

I didn't like that much, especially the way they started the show with the battle royal already under way. R Truth may actually have been the highlight of the show for me, just over a week ago I would never have said that. Hopefully Smackdown gets Sheamus, maybe they can do something good with him over there (I guess they would need to book a bonus US Title match for Extreme Rules, so he can drop the belt to a Raw mid carder. Smackdown has the IC Title, doesn't need both). I think they should have waited until the night after the PPV to do the draft though, it took away alot of time to build the show.

I'm boycotting Raw until Ryder gets some proper air-time. Glad I just read the results for this in the morning, I don't watch SmackDown so it's nice that Orton has been punted over there. However I do think people look into this far too much, and fall for it every time. Del Rio may be a Raw 'star' now but he's been on the show almost every week anyway. Pretty much every single Raw has SmackDown talent on it and has done for a long time. PPV's coming round every three weeks or so sees to that. It's possible Ziggler will become Raw's new boring face to replace Orton. I imagine I would have groaned as much as everyone else when the Cena ending was revealed.

It looked like SD were getting an amazing deal with Cena and Orton, for a second I was actually anticipating Triple H to come back and fill the void but then I wasn't too surprised. Orton is great for Smackdown though, the Rey-Cara swap seems logical and Henry will do alright too. I do wish Big Show wouldn't get traded every year, glad to see they cooled down on the Kane annual trade for the second year but hes a tag champ anyway. The matches weren't too good to be fair, both mid card champs getting beaten fairly quickly and the new look Ziggler getting made quick work of.

Truth's promo was awesome. Morrison looked like an absolute dickhead for jumping him from behind. I'm totally on Team Truth in this feud.

The Cena thing was never going to stick. He's their biggest star and ain't leaving the flagship show. Thought the moves were fairly even overall. Orton is beyond stale at this point so a move to Smackdown can only help both him and the brand. Del Rio is a top level heel so moving him to Raw works, but with him, Miz, Truth and Punk around I fear for the "new and improved" Dolph Ziggler. Please give him back his hair and move him back to Smackdown.

Show's annual move was amusing.

Not as amusing as this though:

21jn66a.jpg

So very done with the Michael Cole stuff. Just make him the heel GM and be done with it.

Sin Cara to SD is the right move for him. Rey on Raw didn't work last time. A feud with Miz could be good.

Layla needs to give up the Michelle McCool diet. I miss her curves. :(

Truth's promo was awesome. Morrison looked like an absolute dickhead for jumping him from behind. I'm totally on Team Truth in this feud.

Del Rio is a top level heel so moving him to Raw works, but with him, Miz, Truth and Punk around I fear for the "new and improved" Dolph Ziggler. Please give him back his hair and move him back to Smackdown.

Two points that I wanted to make as well. R-Truth's promo was the highlight of the show by a mile. Perfectly logical, reasonable, and well delivered. He really looked as though he was ready to slap the audience at certain points. Morrison has been an absolute dickhead in both installments of this angle thus far.

It's lunacy to essentially make Ziggler look like some generic, bland jobber off an assembly line. His look was already perfect; the muscular physique that McMahon creams himself over and a striking, unique element to his image that made him stand out, like a superstar wrestler should do.

Archived