WWE Draft Monday 25th April

Ron Simmons

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might talk about the show later but the main thing that stood out to me was how weak both rosters are.

A few years ago I would watch the shows see all those guys in their red or blue outfits and think about how many people weren't being used to their best/that for as much criticism as WWE got from the internet that they actually had a pretty strong roster in terms of talent.

I'm not talking about compared to the peaks of the Hulkamania or Attitude Era where the rosters were packed full of super over acts all across the card or even that 2002-early 2004 period where people (including myself) were saying how the actual roster was better than in the boom years. I don't expect them to have that level of guys with decent sized names and big league experience since the talent pool isn't there to draw from. I'm talking about even up to as recently as 2008-09 I still felt they had a lot of talent onboard who were either over, good workers or just someone who brought something of value to the show. Again I won't argue that they were all always used to their best or anything like that just that they had the talent there. Right now I think it's harder to blame WWE because that combined roster just looked pretty weak.

For as good as some of the shows have been this year and for as much praise as Raw has been getting this year there just seems to be very little star power over all. :( I think the loss of Edge was the final thing that really hammered that home with Michaels, The Hardyz, Batista, Jericho gone in the last year or so and Undertaker and Triple H not around it just seems like they have less actual main event and upper midcard talent that is over than just about any time I can remember.

On a positive note, glad to see Mark Henry turn heel. Rated the guy for years and I think he'd done about as much as he could as a babyface and the timing seemed right since he's been a face for about two years now. Not saying he couldn't have gone a bit further as a face - there way a chance they could have pushed him against Orton in 2009 but after they didn't I think he got as much out of it as he could. I expect we'll get to see that feud between them over on SmackDown! during the next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a run with the World title at last.

On a positive note, glad to see Mark Henry turn heel. Rated the guy for years and I think he'd done about as much as he could as a babyface and the timing seemed right since he's been a face for about two years now. Not saying he couldn't have gone a bit further as a face - there way a chance they could have pushed him against Orton in 2009 but after they didn't I think he got as much out of it as he could. I expect we'll get to see that feud between them over on SmackDown! during the next year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a run with the World title at last

I think he wouldn't draw a dime with a run on top.

Archived