Undertaker vs ? @ WM28

Jetta's G-string

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If It is HHH then assuming he loses which most of us I'm sure think is a near certainty then he will go down in history as being 0-3 Vs Taker

Now for all the stick HHH gets about refusing to do jobs and wanting to cement his place in history like when it seemed certain he would overtake Flairs world title reign record (although that looks very unlikely now) will he really want to be known as the person who lost 3 times and couldn't get the job done.

I know he has looked strong in both defeats but still going down 3 times will surely hurt his legacy he leaves behind.

Maybe he isn't as selfish as people have made him out to be.

• Paid Members

Baring Trips being injured himself, if it's anything other than HHH, I'll eat my hat. That means buying one first, but I'll do it.

In terms of Undertaker wrestling between now and WM28, given the quality of his last run (pre-burial) and the nagging injuries / constant re-injuring that takes place, I really hope not. He doesnt need to, and he owes the company nothing at this point.

Shawn coming back? After how reportedly pissed off he, Hunter and "the company" were at Flair sullying his retirement shindig (or in some eyes, legacy) by wrestling for TNA, I consider it very doubtful.

It depends whether you count the Colons win over Miz & Morrison or not.

And why would you? Dark matches count for shit, else we would all be raving about Percy Watson's winning streak. We aren't.

• Paid Members
If It is HHH then assuming he loses which most of us I'm sure think is a near certainty then he will go down in history as being 0-3 Vs Taker

Now for all the stick HHH gets about refusing to do jobs and wanting to cement his place in history like when it seemed certain he would overtake Flairs world title reign record (although that looks very unlikely now) will he really want to be known as the person who lost 3 times and couldn't get the job done.

I know he has looked strong in both defeats but still going down 3 times will surely hurt his legacy he leaves behind.

Maybe he isn't as selfish as people have made him out to be.

How? If he faces 'Taker again next year and loses I don't think anyone's going to dwell on the fact he lost three times to Undertaker when they look back on what has been an utterly phenomenal career.

• Paid Members
I'm with the others in thinking it will be a Summerslam main event followed by Hell in a Cell match at the HIAC PPV.

Why is anyone even thinking this would be a logical move?

The entire point of the match was HHH wanted to end the streak. That streak is at Wrestlemania. Beating Undertaker any other night of the year isn't as important as beating him at Mania. If HHH suddenly accepts beating him at any other PPV it makes the whole "I want to end the streak" stuff null and void. HHH has beaten Taker outside of Mania in the past already, there's no need for him to go down that path for any reason.

I'm with the others in thinking it will be a Summerslam main event followed by Hell in a Cell match at the HIAC PPV.

Why is anyone even thinking this would be a logical move?

The entire point of the match was HHH wanted to end the streak. That streak is at Wrestlemania. Beating Undertaker any other night of the year isn't as important as beating him at Mania. If HHH suddenly accepts beating him at any other PPV it makes the whole "I want to end the streak" stuff null and void. HHH has beaten Taker outside of Mania in the past already, there's no need for him to go down that path for any reason.

If HHH doesn't get a win over the Undertaker then loosing for a third time at WM doesn't exactly make Trips look great so i think a Summerslam win this summer to keep the fued alive is the logical step and it will give them another reason to keep 'Taker out of the ring lessening the chances that mid match on some crappy PPV one of his limbs falls off...

I think they kept HBK off the show (what happened to the days when whoever they put in the HOF made some kinfa WM appearance???) deliberately to avoid the whole too many cooks. I kinda expect to see the guest referee idea which lots of people have commented on possibly leading to HHHvHBK at WM29.

The thing with some of the other names people have mentioned if it isn't HHH don't make sense. Neither Lesner, Sting or Angle are going to jump ship to WWE job at 'Mania

I can see it being Triple H again but this time inside the Hell In a Cell, both guys made that match famous. Be something different. But I havent feel the love for the cell matches since the PG and since the cells got bigger. I miss the old cell felt more like a deadly prision

I really want to see Undertaker go against Cena, Sting and Lesnar at WrestleMania before he retires, though I'm not sure he has three years left in him. Of those three I'd say Sting is the most likely for WM28, and even he's a long shot. I expect them to do Taker/HHH II(I), probably after Triple H picks up a victory at SummerSlam or Survivor Series.

I heard the original plan was for them two to have a rematch at Summerslam and for Taker to face Cena at next years Mania. But obviously Rock and Cena is happening and we've been waiting for it to happen for years. If WWE is smart enough and they wanna keep there biggest legand fresh..then they'll keep him off for an entire year and do what they are doing with the Cena/Rock match, build it up with promos and people talking about it for a full year untill it happens, but there has to be more at steak for the rematch, ofcourse with the 20th streak thing but maybe HHH will 'put up something aswell' ..see what I did there ;)

• Paid Members
WM doesn't exactly make Trips look great
Triple H could lose to Ted Dibiase at Summerslam and still be a credible opponent for Taker come Wrestlemania.

In fact, Shawn Micheals DID lose to Ted Dibiase (Admittedly at breaking point, with help from cody) and was a credible opponent. Trips, like HBK, is at a point in his career where it doesn't matter who beats him.

Furthermore, a rematch at Summerslam would be redundant. The match was like a Ric Flair title defence, people thought Trips could beat Taker at Wrestlemania, where he is just the man and now they want to see him get another shot. A match at Summerslam wouldn't mean anything one way or the other

Archived