Wrestlers you WISHED were good

Green

• Paid Members

Stevie Ray for me. I loved Harlem Heat as a package - name, music, finishers, the fact they seemed a good fit for tag team champions in WcW, and seemed to have a good rivalry ready made when the Steiners returned, but most matches of theirs I watch, whenever Stevie is in the ring, I just find myself nodding off. Unless he's getting thrown around by a psychotic Steiner or Roadie of course.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Waylon Mercy! Could've been a crazy evil heel but by the time he took on the character, Spivey was so plagued by injuries!

Whoa there. Mercy WAS good, he just didn't very long to do what he did. His in-ring stuff was fine, and his sleeper finish was sheer class, with his psychotic face and bulging eyeballs.

I wish Chris Daniels was good - he's got a lot of athletic ability and crisp technique.

I also wish Rob Terry was good. I like him fine enough, because he has an awesome look, great entrance music, relatively sound execution (sweet spin-kick), but he just doesn't seem to be able to keep the crowd into anything he does.

I wish Black Reign had been good - would've been good to see Dustin doing something other than Goldust and the "Natural" characters competently.

I wish Van Hammer had been good - a hair-rock gimmick's always fun.

Glacier for me all the way, the mortal kombat theme to his character was awesome his entrance with the effects the music was okay aswell and his entrance attire and build up videos were great. when he got between them ropes part of me died inside

• Paid Members
Rick is right about Barrett though. He almost had everything. Its just that when the bell rings, he is a bit shit. Everything else, he is perfect.

Apart from the hairstyle.

Waylon Mercy! Could've been a crazy evil heel but by the time he took on the character, Spivey was so plagued by injuries!

Whoa there. Mercy WAS good, he just didn't very long to do what he did. His in-ring stuff was fine, and his sleeper finish was sheer class, with his psychotic face and bulging eyeballs.

Yeah, not much wrong with ol' Waylon. His awkward, kinda lumbering movement worked for the character anyway. He wasn't really meant to do smooth sequences, rope running and all that stuff - but what he did do was convincing. It would have been great to see him getting a run for a couple of years if he was able.

Some of his squashes were loads of fun too.

Another one I just thought of, Mordecai, I thought he had a VERY interesting gimmick, that wasnt fully explored, a feud with The Undertaker that was expected could have allowed them to develop the gimmick a bit more, could of made of some interesting stuff.

Another one I just thought of, Mordecai, I thought he had a VERY interesting gimmick, that wasnt fully explored, a feud with The Undertaker that was expected could have allowed them to develop the gimmick a bit more, could of made of some interesting stuff.

Yeah, I was going to say Mordecai - cracking idea for a gimmick and potential mega-feud ready made with Taker.

But it just never happened, because Kevin Thorne was wank :(

Hernandez - I think he's got one of the best looks in the business, it's just a shame that he isn't the best in the ring.

Some of the original ECW guys - It would have played a huge part in helping ECW footage last the test of time and still be entertaining watching it back today. Watching a YouTube video now of Sandman coming out to Metallica, smoking a cigarette and drinking his beer, before going on to put on a near 40-minute Benoit-esque scorcher of a performance would have been ace.

• Paid Members
Rick is right about Barrett though. He almost had everything. Its just that when the bell rings, he is a bit shit. Everything else, he is perfect.

Apart from the hairstyle.

Rubbish.

Come on. All he needs is to have Vic & Bob in his corner telling him he's a cheeky 50s throwback.

Archived