Wrestlers you WISHED were good

Green

Took a little thought and my answer is Super Dragon. He's my favourite wrestler ever who's first name is not Bret. I think he's awesome.

Other people don't agree.

Let's say they are right (which they aren't)... I wish Super Dragon WAS good then!

:)

EDIT - I can't fucking help myself can I?

I wish Flair was good. Then it wouldn't annoy me when others wank about his wanky career.

If he was good, I might enjoy his matches.

;)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have to say Mr.Kennedy. I loved his gimmick and really wanted to him to go onto big things (i even named my son after him, sadly, thinking it would be cool when he watches 'entertainment' in the future that he would be named after a WWE champion!) but wasn't as good as i wished he would be.

Still enjoy watching him on TNA but except the odd bout he is average, average, average as evidenced with his matches with RVD lately.

O'Haire is easily the winner of this thread though!

I'd have to say Mr.Kennedy. I loved his gimmick and really wanted to him to go onto big things (i even named my son after him, sadly, thinking it would be cool when he watches 'entertainment' in the future that he would be named after a WWE champion!) but wasn't as good as i wished he would be.

Still enjoy watching him on TNA but except the odd bout he is average, average, average as evidenced with his matches with RVD lately.

You're a fucking turd.

I'm going to bend the rules of this thread slightly in that I'm going to say Chris Masters circa '06ish. If he had just a bit more about him from an in-ring point of view I really believe that he'd have made it to the next level. I thought that him and Carlito were the next major players after their showings in the build to and at the Elimination Chamber match at NYR.

• Paid Members

You're a fucking turd.

:laugh:

If Sean O Haire had broken through, a team with Mordecai (if he had been good) would have been awesome :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

People like you shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Hernandes : Got a great look/build, not bad on the mic, got a few decent moves and I like the mexican america thing hes doing just now but he is fairly piss poor in the ring which is a shame, surprised WWE have'nt looked at him with his size and demographic he could bring in.

Matt Morgan: I agree with whats been said about him, hes does seem to have it all but he just can put it together which is a shame, I get the feeling that he thinks hes bigger than he is (if that makes sense) he is a big dude but more like Test than Brock Lesnar, again Im surprised WWE have'nt looked at him again.

• Paid Members
Vince McMahon...the build for some of his matches made him look like a real monster...kinda goes to prove that the amount of wrestling you watch has no bearing on how good you are at it.

He had blinders with Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Shane McMahon, Triple H (the Smackdown one) and Shawn Michaels. McMahon usually delievered the goods in gimmick matches. Vince was exactly how he should be for the character he plays. He'd look odd doing flying headscissors.

• Paid Members
Vince McMahon...the build for some of his matches made him look like a real monster...kinda goes to prove that the amount of wrestling you watch has no bearing on how good you are at it.

He had blinders with Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Shane McMahon, Triple H (the Smackdown one) and Shawn Michaels. McMahon usually delievered the goods in gimmick matches. Vince was exactly how he should be for the character he plays. He'd look odd doing flying headscissors.

I personally didn't think the Hogan or Shane matches were blinders, but I agree - he wasn't supposed to go out there and slap headlocks on, as the whole point is that he's a non-wrestler venturing into a wrestler's territory. It'd make the wrestler in question look stupid if he was able to go hold-for-hold with them, and in the case of Shane, people would wonder why two non-wrestlers were being all technical and shit.

• Paid Members

I personally didn't think the Hogan or Shane matches were blinders, but I agree - he wasn't supposed to go out there and slap headlocks on, as the whole point is that he's a non-wrestler venturing into a wrestler's territory. It'd make the wrestler in question look stupid if he was able to go hold-for-hold with them, and in the case of Shane, people would wonder why two non-wrestlers were being all technical and shit.

Bollocks. That Hogan match has everything. It's a clear five star encounter.

Archived