Wrestlers you WISHED were good

Green

• Paid Members
Zack Gowen. A One legged wrestler? Wow! More like a one-legged guy hopping a bit before having the shit kicked out of his eyes and thrown down some stairs.

Fuck off. The kid was unbelievable. It's not much of a spectacle but it's pretty incredible.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Zack Gowen. A One legged wrestler? Wow! More like a one-legged guy hopping a bit before having the shit kicked out of his eyes and thrown down some stairs.

Fuck off. The kid was unbelievable. It's not much of a spectacle but it's pretty incredible.

I can't agree with that. He was pretty terrible. Once you've seen him do one dropkick and one moonsault then the novelty wore off pretty quickly. Still, credit to Hopalong for accepting those twattings from Lesnar, not many would have said yes.

• Paid Members

I can't agree with that. He was pretty terrible. Once you've seen him do one dropkick and one moonsault then the novelty wore off pretty quickly. Still, credit to Hopalong for accepting those twattings from Lesnar, not many would have said yes.

I agree which is why I said it wasn't much of a spectacle. You can't name the poor bastard in a "people you wish were good" thread. He only had one leg, how much better could he have been? Seriously harsh.

I agree which is why I said it wasn't much of a spectacle. You can't name the poor bastard in a "people you wish were good" thread. He only had one leg, how much better could he have been? Seriously harsh.

But as we all know it takes both a personality and a look to make it in pro wrestling. He had a look and style which was far from the normal one, and he did well off that for a while. If he was good on the mic and was wheeled out once in a while for a match, he would've lasted in the business. He wasn't, he didn't. He wasn't believeable in any way.

• Paid Members
Rick is right about Barrett though. He almost had everything. Its just that when the bell rings, he is a bit shit. Everything else, he is perfect.

Apart from the hairstyle.

Rubbish.

Come on. All he needs is to have Vic & Bob in his corner telling him he's a cheeky 50s throwback.

And this wouldn't be money?

I think it suits him, he'd look like a right goober with the stereotypical long wrestler hair or a shaven head.

• Paid Members

There is a lot of resentment towards Gowen because he feels a bit of a "quota-filler" - the reaction isn't look at how far he got in spite of his disability, so much as look how far he got because of his disability. He would have got absolutely nowhere with two legs. Ironically.

• Paid Members
Rick is right about Barrett though. He almost had everything. Its just that when the bell rings, he is a bit shit. Everything else, he is perfect.

Apart from the hairstyle.

Rubbish.

Come on. All he needs is to have Vic & Bob in his corner telling him he's a cheeky 50s throwback.

And this wouldn't be money?

Good point. Make it happen, Vince!

What about Crush? Had the look and was alright for a short period of time when he was 'Demolition Crush', 'Kona Crush' and 'Japanese Crush' until he got arrested for steroids and guns. When came back as 'Convict Crush', then as 'Biker Crush' and eventually in WCW as 'Brian Adams' the magic was lost. Some would argue that he had a slight reprise as a member of Kronik, I probably wouldn't.

What about Crush? Had the look and was alright for a short period of time when he was 'Demolition Crush', 'Kona Crush' and 'Japanese Crush' until he got arrested for steroids and guns. When came back as 'Convict Crush', then as 'Biker Crush' and eventually in WCW as 'Brian Adams' the magic was lost. Some would argue that he had a slight reprise as a member of Kronik, I probably wouldn't.

Pretty good shout, loved Kona Crush (or was Crush with a K?) anyway yeah he had a good look...and that was about it. KroniK I thought was a pretty decent gimmick though.

A lot of/most people (maybe nobody) won't agree with this one, but CM Punk. I enjoy his promos and his gimmick his great but his matches always seem forgettable and sometimes his offence looks a little sloppy.

Oddly enough I agree with you. He engages me on the microphone but when it comes down to the matches, I'm left a little cold. I do think however that Creative could have done more with the Rey Mysterio story, the SES in general as well as the Nexus. Had Punk increased the numbers in the SES and brought in a couple of bigger names to the stable, he could have really rocked that spot.

Both good shouts. O'Haire had an awesome look and those brilliant vignettes.

I wish Wade Barrett had been good last year because he had almost everything in his arsenal to be an awesome heel.

He was! It was the booking that destroyed him. He was the most over heel in wrestling, and had nearly every single fan getting behind Cena to beat him. He was absolutely brilliant in his role. He should of won the WWE Title and ended up losing to a returning John Cena at WrestleMania if they'd booked it correctly but for some reason they just totally pulled the rug from underneath him and now he's just another guy.

I really really think they dropped the ball MASSIVELY with Wade Barrett, they'll struggle to get him to that level again now, he should be so much more.

everything you said i totally agree with they dropped the ball massively with Barrett!

Archived