How fashionable are you.

RancidPunx

How much attention do you pay to latest fashions and trends in dictating what you wear?

How much would you spend on clothes per month shall we say?

I will generally just go shopping once a year or so and pick up a lot so i reckon on average about 15 quid per month.

I must say overall i pay little attention to what fashions are in. I have 1 pair of jeans, a check shirt that i've had for years, quite a few t-shirts and about two pairs of shoes. Very little of what i own could be described as fashionable.

Been thinking that i might tidy myself up, can anybody recommend any good websites for picking up nice clobber?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

One pair of jeans?? I gotta say, even for the most utilitarian shopper that's pretty shocking..

I like clothes and would probably spend more on them if I had more. It's just that I like other stuff more so I end up spending my money on that instead. I have no idea what my spending averages out to, but I don't buy particularly expensive individual items... e.g.? Umm. I probably wouldn't spend more that

Being from Essex, I'm some what of a girl when it comes to clothes . I wouldn't say I'm constantly trying to keep up with the latest fashion, but I like having new clothes and as a result, (money permitting) I could easily spend between

• Moderators

Asos is a good shout. It's where I go to shop for clothes when I' bored at work; they have lots of reasonable stuff and pretty much at least once a week they'll do a "Free Next Day Delivery" deal, and it's free to send stuff back if you don't like it or it doesn't fit. It's the most convenient internet shopping I've ever done, I think.

dont buy clothes unless I really need to, I also have one pair of jeans that I wear when I go out where I should look at least decent and generally wear jogging bottoms/trackies every other time. Ive had those jeans for 4 years or more and the waist is baggy because I was 17st when I bought them and now 14 and a half, nothing a belt wont sort out though.

I rarely go shopping and when I do its places like Matalans, sportsdirect. I usually get new stuff at Xmas' and Birthdays from my parents and anyone else. My other half is buying new clothes/shoes every week and hardly ever wears the stuff, and Ive a 5 year old lad who doesnt stop growing, so any cash I get to spend goes on them.

I dont really care for fashion its definately a girlie thing.

• Paid Members

I'm a bit of a scrub when it comes to clothes. I begrudge paying over the odds for stuff to wear.

If I'm shopping I will always have a look in Primark. People tend to slate the quality of their clothes, and yeah they do tend to lose their shape after a certain number of washes, but when you pay

MandMDirect are pretty good for gettting brand stuff cheaper. I got a few nice pairs of jeans from there for over half price. I tend to wear quite expensive and nice clothes these days. After spending so long in the grungey band t-shirts and all black phase, it's nice to look like I actually have money. I wouldn't say I'm particulaly fashionable in regards to wearing whats "in", but I like to look good.

I've hardly spent anything on clothes for months but about a year ago when I was briefly earning decent money for the only time in my life so far I reckon I was averaging about a ton a month on new threads, which was pretty out of character at the time. The resultant increased female attention was a quite irresistible incentive.

I'm one of those who goes into dead wacky borderline hipster clothes shops but then buys the most conservative gear in there. Its a difficult balancing act to maintain.

Asos Is probably the best place to start for tidy and affordable clothing. They have a variety of different labels but their own brand of clothing is pretty nice and to a decent standard too.

Are they really wearing chinos in those pictures? :omg: And buttoning the top button of a shirt with no tie. Classless.

I've moved away from jeans 'n' t-shirt in the last year or so, as I've realised you're not going to get taken that seriously in serious meetings if you're not a bit more smartly dressed. So, more shirts, more variety of trousers than bluejean, the odd sweater/knitwear in the winter, a really nice coat from Gap, and some leather shoes.

I think the most important thing is to a) have your own style that's not just a copy of people around you, and b ) look carefully at what chavs wear and avoid anything in that style.

• Moderators
dont buy clothes unless I really need to, I also have one pair of jeans that I wear when I go out where I should look at least decent and generally wear jogging bottoms/trackies every other time. Ive had those jeans for 4 years or more and the waist is baggy because I was 17st when I bought them and now 14 and a half, nothing a belt wont sort out though.

Yeah... you might think you do, but you don't look 'at least decent'.

Not being particularly fashion conscious is one thing, and that's fine... But wearing trackies around everywhere just makes you a total slob. Where's your brick of cheese the size of a car battery?

Archived