How fashionable are you.

RancidPunx

jeans with a tshirt during the week and my everton (or england) shirts at weekends or midweek matchdays

all my newer jeans came from the us when my parents were there in november and my tshirts have been mostly bought from the george section of asda as i love their range of character t shirts and edgy design shirts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American Apparel do make nice plain t-shirts but they charge enough for the fuckers. I took advantage of some Groupons to get some half-price - I'm sitting on an ASOS Groupon and one for another organic fairtrade t-shirt company as well. Keep an eye on the Groupons!

Debenhams are discounting pretty much constantly these days and there are usually discount codes you can apply if you look around. They do free returns too. Ironically, it's not their heavily publicised sales that offer the real goods. I like some of the Rocha John Rocha stuff but I am in my thirties so your mileage may vary.

Uniqlo can be really good but their lack of free returns and P&P makes them a fairly poor online choice - instore you can get trousers taken up for free too. I'm in the Westfield one quite a lot. The J+ stuff is mint though (real Jill Sander gear costs a fortune) plus their dry gear is very useful in July/August and their Heat-Tech vests and long-johns are great in the winter.

Amazon sell clothing now, some of it quite cheap too.

There's no good excuse for shopping in Primark really - you can do a lot better for not much more if you're a canny shopper.

I think www.redbubble.com is better than Threadless these days.

I hate to say it but M&S should not be completely discounted. They do a lot of sales and a lot of you would be far more dateable with a blazer/similar in your wardrobes. Keep our eye out and you can probably pick something up for less than a nifty. Some semi-reasonable shoes too, though I'm beginning to raise my standards when it comes to shoes. More footwear does give you more options and I think you actually get better wear out of them if you rest them anyway.

In London you can do well in second hand shops but your mileage is probably going to vary depending on location. I got my Hugo Boss winter overcoat for twenty pounds and I got 4 shirts for

dont buy clothes unless I really need to, I also have one pair of jeans that I wear when I go out where I should look at least decent and generally wear jogging bottoms/trackies every other time. Ive had those jeans for 4 years or more and the waist is baggy because I was 17st when I bought them and now 14 and a half, nothing a belt wont sort out though.

Yeah... you might think you do, but you don't look 'at least decent'.

Harsh but fair. You'd do well to raise your game.

TopMan, Burton, River Island, H&M, The Gap, Next, Hollister - they are all teh suck. Buy online, stick to free returns places if necessary. Don't get me fucking started on Tesco and Asda, or f'n Matalan (good grief). TK Maxx isn't really that good either, obviously it depends on the store and the buyer to a point; the High Street Kensington one is alright - but it's a place to cherry pick 1-3 items a year from, not a place that you should base your wardrobe on.

I quite like the Adidas socks you get in SportsSoccer though, I'm not a complete snob.

I just buy clothes I like really, I guess I'm slightly influenced from other people up here though. Gio Goi is 1 of the main labels I buy and I know people say its chav shite but I like a lot of their gear, shame it doesnt like me though being quite rotund the track tops are ridiculously tight.

The t-shirts seem to fit fine in XL but I ordered a polo shirt just before Christmas and I'm not joking if I tensed up I would of exploded though it.

The sports wear I buy fits perfectly fine though why do different makes insist on fitting differently, I hate shopping so order most stuff online and its a pain in the arse sending loads of shit back.

• Moderators
TopMan, Burton, River Island, H&M, The Gap, Next, Hollister - they are all teh suck. Buy online, stick to free returns places if necessary. Don't get me fucking started on Tesco and Asda, or f'n Matalan (good grief). TK Maxx isn't really that good either, obviously it depends on the store and the buyer to a point; the High Street Kensington one is alright - but it's a place to cherry pick 1-3 items a year from, not a place that you should base your wardrobe on.

I quite like the Adidas socks you get in SportsSoccer though, I'm not a complete snob.

Topman have a lot of ugly shit, but when I find something I like there it always fits perfectly. H&M used to do some good bootcut jeans, but don't do any bootcut styles at the minute.

Problem with buying exclusively online is that you're rolling the dice on how the garment is gonna fit you. If you've got the patience for doing a lot of returning then fair enough.

Basically suits most of the time. Smart casual for the rest of the time. Love Haggar suits. I also have my RL shirt for matches and a couple of Union shirts I keep from the team I played for abroad.

Edit - I have no idea where smart ranks on the fashion scale. But given what a lot of people think fashion is it must be higher then I'm thinking it will be rated.

• Paid Members

At the moment, because I'm only starting a new job next week and have been horribley broke for a long time, I have about four pairs of jeans (only three of which I would wear outside the house) and five t-shirts. None of them are names or anything. But when I have cash I do like to look good, but it doesn't have to be what the latest "fashion" is. Just stuff that looks good. I do love to clothes shop. I would love to have a couple grand in my pocket and spend the day on Regent's Street or Bond Street.

Gio Goi is 1 of the main labels I buy and I know people say its chav shite but I like a lot of their gear, shame it doesnt like me though being quite rotund the track tops are ridiculously tight.

To be honest, I quite like some Gio Goi stuff but I've always showed discipline. :laugh:

But if a label doesn't generally fit well on you then move on.

• Moderators

OK, little help y'all.. especially for any of you online shoppers I guess.

I want to bulk buy some new socks at a decent price. I don't want sports socks - I want something fairly lightweight. Colour preference would be for some shades of blues and browns, but I'm not overly fussy about that.

Cheers!

• Paid Members

Why do you have to buy socks online? Do you have hobbit-esque giant feet or something? Just hit Primark for cheap socks, that's probably the only item I'll get from there but they're decent enough.

Just be careful when you're picking them out to make sure they haven't got blood stains from the Chinese kids fingers on them

• Moderators

I guess I was thinking online because I figured you could probably get big packs of socks on the cheap. Also, I'm lazy and have been bored recently at work so online shopping suits me well!

There's no Primark near me, but I'll have a look when I'm back at my folks' in Croydon over the weekend...

Archived