TNA Victory Road

ajmcstyles

• Moderators
Read it in his voice in your head. You'll want to smash your cranium against a kerb to make it stop. Especially the super obnoxious "MINUS FIVE STARS" in that way you just know he's shouting it to himself. I hate him. I have no patience or time for Alvarez and any of his witterings be they a shite book which should have been subtitled "Picking Favourites", the fucking dire F4W which is full of "humour", his fucking god awful radio shows with that useless Vinny twat, and the shite way he argues on the Board. I have absolutely nothing but fucking contempt for the Gilbert Gottfried voiced twat and hatred for his tongue which is brown with the shit of Lance Storm. I hope he's involved in a plane crash. Meltzer is still alright though, except for when he claims everything is pro wrestling.

It's probably a blessing that I don't have the faintest clue what the fuck his voice sounds like then... :laugh:

Enjoy

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Read it in his voice in your head. You'll want to smash your cranium against a kerb to make it stop. Especially the super obnoxious "MINUS FIVE STARS" in that way you just know he's shouting it to himself. I hate him. I have no patience or time for Alvarez and any of his witterings be they a shite book which should have been subtitled "Picking Favourites", the fucking dire F4W which is full of "humour", his fucking god awful radio shows with that useless Vinny twat, and the shite way he argues on the Board. I have absolutely nothing but fucking contempt for the Gilbert Gottfried voiced twat and hatred for his tongue which is brown with the shit of Lance Storm. I hope he's involved in a plane crash. Meltzer is still alright though, except for when he claims everything is pro wrestling.

It's probably a blessing that I don't have the faintest clue what the fuck his voice sounds like then... :laugh:

Enjoy

I lasted three seconds of that link. I now hate Alvarez even more than before having heard his voice!

Enjoy

I lasted three seconds of that link. I now hate Alvarez even more than before having heard his voice!

Haha. 0:18 "Why does TNA have to beat Raw..." is class. What a cunt.

That's the one. Sometimes I find him very irritating, other times very entertaining. Vinny is much more annoying. Butch, you must enjoy when Alvarez and Meltzer are interviewing someone and Meltzer CONSTANTLY interrupts Alvarez to ask questions of his own.

Todd Martin is the absolute WORST. A nasal-voiced, whiny fucking miserablist. "blah blah WWE sucks blah blah MMA is amazing" ad infitum. Alvarez loves him and is clearly grooming him in the way that Meltzer groomed him. And that's not in a paedophilic way, which might actually be better as the thought of Todd Martin's Wrestling Observer is the worst thing imaginable.

• Paid Members

Martin always gets destroyed on the F4W Board as well and then kicks off royally when he's been proved that his theroy's about why Bruce Hart wasnt a bigger star are proved false, which you dont need if these are the people who you want to listen to your shows. Alvarez is a good interviewer though, it has to be said, especially when Meltzer isnt talking over him. His interviews with Buff Bagwell and the Honky Tonk Man are far better than you'd imagine them to be.

Assuming that this is all a work.....

The proof in the pudding as to whether it was smart is in the rating tonight for Impact. If it makes a sudden jump of a couple of points, then it has had a positive effect through generating increased interest in the product, whatever the means are. That is what pro wrestling is all about at the end of the day, and times have changed, and with so many things done so many times before (i.e. faction invasions), the fact of the matter is, wrestling companies need to find new and inventive ways to create intrigue and interest in their product. Everyone seems very quick to bemoan TNA here, but they are at least trying to make a noise, albeit in a novel way (but then again, the NWO invasion was pretty novel in its day). The dirtsheets are so quick to denounce the WWE for producing a stale, manufactured product, and yet when TNA try something different, they get slated too.

And I don't buy this argument about how not delivering a main event will lead to fans turning their backs on TNA. This is only one match that has fallen by the wayside. And as there is a storyline behind why it ended so quickly, it fits in with pro-wrestling. People need to realise that pro-wrestling has moved on since the 80's and isn't supposed to be viewed as a legitimate form of combat anymore.

Also, wrestling fans are notoriously fickle, and if anything will only continue to show more interest in TNA if they believe something interesting is going on or there is some sort of controversy. And, with TNA ppvs garnering such low buyrates, who cares if the 4,000 fans who bought Victory Road don't ever watch again, if 100,000 news fans tune in tonight having had their interest peaked.

Assuming that this is all a work.....

Why would you ever assume that? What possible upside or benefit could TNA have derived from this is it was? It's very clear from the spoilers for the next few Impacts that the whole thing was a horrendous fuckup that they will hopefully learn from. Let's hope we never see Hardy in TNA again.

Which leaves the slot of unreliable drug addict free... Say hello to the bad guy!

• Paid Members

jeez, what a pile of shite that all was.

I mean... yeah.

However, im not going to complain about hardy, it didnt effect me, i saw the event for free on TV, i dont require a refund, fuck it, hes a bit mental, we know.

If TNA want to gain ANYTHING from this at all, and im talking the smallest of things... they will bang on about how Sting, on his return, has just beat the previous title holder in less than a couple of minutes. Make him look like a beast who cant be fucked with.

Problem is, they will prob just job him out to virgil next impact.

Archived