TNA Victory Road

ajmcstyles

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont see what the big drama is.... Sting was quite clearly the stronger wrestler and peformed a suprise move on Jeff Hardy and then pinned him? who says that a match has to be a certain length? thats saying that its pre-determined.

• Paid Members

The Observer radio says that people backstage at Victory Road were saying Hardy was in that state throughout the night and was completely messed up. Which begs the question: why did TNA send him out there? No wonder Sting was so pissed off. Sting's made his money and earns a great living outside wrestling. Just because they pay him big money, doesnt mean he has the right to be put in a position like that. We'd already seen Hardy vs Sting the week before anyway. They should have sent Robert Roode out there or something. Or even Gunnar! He's on good form.

The Observer radio says that people backstage at Victory Road were saying Hardy was in that state throughout the night and was completely messed up. Which begs the question: why did TNA send him out there? No wonder Sting was so pissed off. Sting's made his money and earns a great living outside wrestling. Just because they pay him big money, doesnt mean he has the right to be put in a position like that. We'd already seen Hardy vs Sting the week before anyway. They should have sent Robert Roode out there or something. Or even Gunnar! He's on good form.
Well that backs up my post on Page 14 to me. TNA is to blame and they had at least 3 hours to do some on the fly booking to save the damage to themselves and one of their top stars. Sure the news would still be all over the dirt sheets but least it wouldn't be on live PPV and immortalised on video forever.

Thinking more about it now with the No DQ rule Bischoff used as an excuse to clear up what was going on in reality with Jeff and explain to Sting what was going to be done they could have had a few run ins from Immortal members, that would have given more action and had the match go a bit longer. So they could have had Sting have a few punches on Hardy and so on, get the Scorpion Death Drop and then have Matt, Hernandez or another Immortal member come in and attack Sting, then have a few more come down, maybe have AJ or someone try to help Sting out, then after a while have Hardy get up, go to attack Sting and then baseball bat to the back of the head from someone (either a Fortune member on purpose or an accidental one by an Immortal member) then Scorpion Death Drop and three count. They could explain Jeff's abscence as a severe concussion or if it was an accidental hit by an Immortal member say that Jeff was so angry that he has left Immortal.

I suppose it would be a lot more difficult doing this though as Hardy was probably in no state to explain this to and would be annoyed that they are changing the match and blaming his state for it.

• Paid Members

I've been thinking: hasn't Jeff Hardy gone on record to say that was of his main influences in professional wrestling was Sting? If so, it's a horrible way of showing his respect to Sting doing what he did on Sunday. An absolute muppet.

Could you imagine if there was a serious accident in the match and Hardy was found to have been completely under the influence? As much of a shit situation that they're in now, it could have been a lot worse.

The press would love to jump onto the back of a 'former WWE champion breaks fellow wrestler's neck whilst under the influence' story.

Edit - that's not suppose to sound like a disrespect to TNA, I just mean that WWE have had such a storied history with drugs in the press that they'd love another excuse to have them in the headlines.

I think they sent him out there to finish his career. WWE won't ever touch him again now. Before they said they'd wait, but after that Hardy is finished. Pretty much means TNA is his only option. And they should fire him. It's a self fulfilling cycle at the moment.

It's awful to think, but I don't think anybody would be that surprised if Jeff Hardy went the way of so many other greats who have left us well before their time.

If he's truly so fucked up, he loses his job and he gets sent down for the drug trial for as long as some people are making out, I don't think that it would be unquestionable to think that he would top himself.

Like I say, awful to think of and let's hope that he can get his life back on track.

In fairness to TNA, they've had so many no shows over the years that the ability to be able to send out the actual wrestlers at the right times, intoxicated or not, was probably too much of a novelty for them.

Either way they did it they would have looked stupid and small time. What I would have done was do the exact same thing but not have it on last, knock it down 2 or 3 places on the card and give a few guys the chance to go on last and attempt to repair the evening.

Also, Jeremy Borash is fucking awful, why is he still in wrestling and why is he announcing?

Can't see Hardy breaking anyones neck in any state really, its not like he's hitting overhead suplexes, Piledrivers and Brainbusters is it. Scratching someones neck or landing on his own head maybe.

A lot of people from all walks of life have suffered serious injuries through much less than taking a Canadian Destroyer. Had they not called the early finish, I don't think that an accident occurring in the ring would have been the most unrealistic event that could have taken place. Unlikely, but certainly not impossible.

• Paid Members
Can't see Hardy breaking anyones neck in any state really, its not like he's hitting overhead suplexes, Piledrivers and Brainbusters is it. Scratching someones neck or landing on his own head maybe.

A lot of people from all walks of life have suffered serious injuries through much less than taking a Canadian Destroyer. Had they not called the early finish, I don't think that an accident occurring in the ring would have been the most unrealistic event that could have taken place. Unlikely, but certainly not impossible.

The ironic thing is, if Hardy was intoxicated then Sting hitting the Scorpion Death Drop could be just as dangerous if Hardy wasn't responsive or present enough to protect himself in the fall.

Archived